Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70894 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2018, 03:18:54 AM »

Asked KT: Any hope to see Fence (Gambit`s friend for solo 2012) in Mr. and Mrs. X? I always thought that he is the one who are watching after cats when Gambit is not at home.

KT: Maybe. Things post arc 1 are still in flux.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2018, 03:28:45 AM »
Are Mr. and Mrs. X moving in together? And will Rogue take Remy's last name?KT: Definitely moving in together.

I don’t know on the second point. I’m not even sure Rogue knows. She hasn’t had a lot of time to think about it.

Kinda feels as No about last name. Or won`t be adressed in book.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:35:27 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2018, 03:34:58 AM »

Where are Remy and Rogue gonna live once they get back from their honeymoon?? Or will that be an arc in the series?

Remy’s NYC apartment/penthouse will be their first home.

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
My dream cover artist would be Jenny Frison.  Her covers are gorgeous. 

And, no, Gambit will take her lack of last name.  He will just be known as Remy from now on.  Like Cher.  :D

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
Now we have an updated Solicitation for Mr & Mrs X and they sound amazing.

MR AND MRS X #1[/size](W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 1! Straight from the pages of X-MEN GOLD…to the surprise of everyone, the Marvel Universe’s hottest couple has finally tied the knot! In their extraordinary lives, they’ve faced nearly every challenge imaginable, but how will they fare against former flames making trouble? An entire galaxy in jeopardy? You want it? We got it, as Kelly Thompson (HAWKEYE, ROGUE & GAMBIT) and Oscar Bazaldua (SPIDER-MAN, STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE) bring you the tantalizing tale of a modern marriage…X-MEN STYLE!Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 25, 2018 SRP: $3.99

MR AND MRS X #2(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 2!ROGUE and GAMBIT find themselves tasked with protecting a mysterious package that everyone in the galaxy suddenly seems to want. Why does everyone want this thing and WHAT exactly is it? Perhaps more importantly, is there anything worse than Deadpool crashing your honeymoon? Yes! There is something worse! TECHNET crashing too! Man your battle stations, people — it’s absolute honeymoon mayhem!Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 22, 2018 SRP: $3.99

MR AND MRS X #3(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 3!ROGUE and GAMBIT’S romantic getaway is but a faint memory as they’re forced to team up with DEADPOOL to protect a dangerous and extremely valuable “package” when half the galaxy comes to claim it. What secrets does the package hold that the Imperial Guard and Deathbird (with an entire Shi’ar rebellion in tow!) will risk everything for? More importantly, can Rogue, Gambit, and Deadpool stop bickering long enough to win?Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 19, 2018 SRP: $3.99

Can anyone let me know who are the Technet?[/size]

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »
Now we have an updated Solicitation for Mr & Mrs X and they sound amazing.

MR AND MRS X #1(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 1! Straight from the pages of X-MEN GOLD…to the surprise of everyone, the Marvel Universe’s hottest couple has finally tied the knot! In their extraordinary lives, they’ve faced nearly every challenge imaginable, but how will they fare against former flames making trouble? An entire galaxy in jeopardy? You want it? We got it, as Kelly Thompson (HAWKEYE, ROGUE & GAMBIT) and Oscar Bazaldua (SPIDER-MAN, STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE) bring you the tantalizing tale of a modern marriage…X-MEN STYLE!Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 25, 2018 SRP: $3.99

MR AND MRS X #2(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 2!ROGUE and GAMBIT find themselves tasked with protecting a mysterious package that everyone in the galaxy suddenly seems to want. Why does everyone want this thing and WHAT exactly is it? Perhaps more importantly, is there anything worse than Deadpool crashing your honeymoon? Yes! There is something worse! TECHNET crashing too! Man your battle stations, people — it’s absolute honeymoon mayhem!Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 22, 2018 SRP: $3.99

MR AND MRS X #3(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry DodsonLOVE & MARRIAGE PART 3!ROGUE and GAMBIT’S romantic getaway is but a faint memory as they’re forced to team up with DEADPOOL to protect a dangerous and extremely valuable “package” when half the galaxy comes to claim it. What secrets does the package hold that the Imperial Guard and Deathbird (with an entire Shi’ar rebellion in tow!) will risk everything for? More importantly, can Rogue, Gambit, and Deadpool stop bickering long enough to win?Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 19, 2018 SRP: $3.99

Can anyone let me know who are the Technet?

Sounds good but I expected Wade to be just a villain here. Interesting if DvG will be adressed.

I googled Technet. Never heared of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technet_(comics)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:22:22 AM by purplevit »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »
how will they fare against former flames making trouble?

If more than one ex is to show up, I would like someone from Gambit’s past in order to balance things out.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »
If more than one ex is to show up, I would like someone from Gambit’s past in order to balance things out.

KT told there won`t be any love triangles.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »

I would hope there wouldn't be any love triangles on their honeymoon haha that would just be ridiculous. I think it'll be kind of fun to see what happens with Deadpool since both Rogue and Gambit have a weird history with him

Who would you have show up?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »

I know and I’m relieved because I hate love triangles but since we’re getting Deadpool I’d want to see Rogue’s reaction if someone else was involved.   

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
Who would you have show up?

Honestly, I don’t know. Isn’t it sad that I can’t think of anyone significant except for the obvious Bella Donna. 

Gambit’s never had a meaningful romantic relationship on panel outside of Rogue. Even his relationship with Joelle was cut short.   
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:56:41 AM by andresa »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2018, 11:20:30 AM »
Honestly, I don’t know. Isn’t it sad that I can’t think of anyone significant except for the obvious Bella Donna. 

Gambit’s never had a meaningful romantic relationship on panel outside of Rogue. Even his relationship with Joelle was cut short.

Ha! I know right? I was trying to think of any of note and those were the only 2 I could come up with.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »
The watering down of G's character has been going on for a long time. IMO
sadly...yes
 Along with losing his accent ...lets hope he dosent lose whats left of personality being married to marvels sweetheart lol

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
Really not thrilled about Deadpool being involved right off the bat. I don't want to see love triangles ever again with these two.lol I hope the "former flames" angle is handled well considering I feel they've graduated from certain petty bull$#!& at this point. I don't want to get right into them b***hing at eachother right after they get married.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2018, 06:15:04 PM »
Well KT already said there's not going to be triangles. I dont see the problem with stirring the pot. I think it's going to be fun and humorous. Perhaps we getting too serious. Those solicits sound fun. I don't get this "shes underplaying Gambit" stuff, but Red with it's 1000 characters is supposed to be better somehow? I don't see it.

Writer vs Writer from what I've seen thus far? Tom Taylor is lacking in several areas writing the X-Men. Gambit's inclusion is the only reason I'm still reading Red. His monologues come off like Twitter rants. KT however has shown me enough that I'lI even give West Coast Avengers a try.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony