Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70955 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #330 on: July 14, 2018, 10:27:47 PM »
Carmine Di Giandomenico .... wow ... loved his art, the fact he was fast and consistent is amazing. I would love for him to draw Gambit again. Liked his take, just like I like Mann's take on G. Marvel has lost some talent over the years.

That's what happens when you hire talent and then systematically avoid awarding them contracts when they start to get good. It's sad, really. Most of these artist dream of working for Marvel, get there, and when they achieve some notoriety they get dumped or low balled. Marvel is so afraid of a repeat of the early 90s and the Image exodus, they do everything they can to avoid creating anymore "rockstar artists".
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2018, 06:10:06 AM »
It is Alonso's fault. Rememeber how at Comic Con he told that artist don't sell books anymore. And that Copiel is the only one who probably sell books as artist.

It was really stupid. Glad that he is gone from Marvel.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2018, 07:33:28 AM »
Unless Larraz is placed on a headlining x-book after Extermination is over, I fully expect him to leave as well. It's a shame what happens with all of these wonderful artists at Marvel. Even Checchetto.. the guy was a monster on Dark Wolverine YEARS ago, and then Rucka's Punisher and is FINALLY dubbed a "young gun" by Marvel this past year.
Who Dat

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
It's been awhile since I've posted anything in this part of gambitguild, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place and I don't know if anyone has posted this website here before, if someone already has... sorry, although I did a search and I didn't see anything. Anyway, if there's anyone who hasn't read the Gambit & Rogue issues or X-Men Gold #30, now you can and many other comics for free. Now let me just say that there are some annoying pop up adds on the site, even with popup blocker, you'll still see them try to pop up.
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rogue-Gambit

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/X-Men-Gold

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/X-Men-Gold/Issue-30?id=135868
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
The thing about that websites and others like it is that it's useful but also damaging an industry that's already hurting.  Those websites I think are most useful if you're trying to read an issue that was published years ago that you can no longer find in stores and may be difficult to find digitally.  But if you're reading new stories that you like than you're just hurting the series that you actually are invested in. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »
Not new though, for this industry or other types of media be that film, TV, etc.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »
Here's a look at Issue 2: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiQUin-UYAAt3vr.jpg

It already looks fun from just one panel.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »

Ha! I like it. I wonder what that object is...

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »
Just a general view:

This industry (comic books) has been eating itself alive for a long time. They don't market themselves well. They don't know what the audience wants ... They just toss it out there and hope it finds a base.

I'm gonna say, I don't want to spend a dime on a character and yet I'm stuck with that character because of attachment to my favorite. I'm at a crossroads ....  I can support my character but it gives support to a character I don't like. I don't want to support characters I don't like, especially if mine is gonna be treated lesser to the other. Right now, we don't know but the mini didn't change my view - he was lesser to her.

I'm unhappy with what I'm given as choices for comic books. I'm not alone in that, there will be many who go the "free" route because ... like me, they don't want to buy it. Does it hurt the industry, I suppose it does. They haven't gained any new readers in years ... so ... who are they trying to gain?
Maybe ... give us more than the stuff they've got. Continuity doesn't matter any more .. so, expand and forget about it.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:18:44 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2018, 06:05:27 AM »

Ha! I like it. I wonder what that object is...

I am sure Belay guessed it form the beginning.

Possible spoilers Phoenix Egg

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #342 on: July 17, 2018, 07:03:52 AM »
Ha, saw that coming. About the only option

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2018, 10:28:35 AM »
Quote from: Nekobaghira link=topic=5172. msg74534#msg74534 date=1531789929
Just a general view:

This industry (comic books) has been eating itself alive for a long time.  They don't market themselves well.  They don't know what the audience wants . . .  They just toss it out there and hope it finds a base. 

I'm gonna say, I don't want to spend a dime on a character and yet I'm stuck with that character because of attachment to my favorite.  I'm at a crossroads . . . .   I can support my character but it gives support to a character I don't like.  I don't want to support characters I don't like, especially if mine is gonna be treated lesser to the other.  Right now, we don't know but the mini didn't change my view - he was lesser to her. 

I'm unhappy with what I'm given as choices for comic books.  I'm not alone in that, there will be many who go the "free" route because . . .  like me, they don't want to buy it.  Does it hurt the industry, I suppose it does.  They haven't gained any new readers in years . . .  so . . .  who are they trying to gain?
Maybe . . .  give us more than the stuff they've got.  Continuity doesn't matter any more . .  so, expand and forget about it.   ;D

I agree the comic book industry has definitely been in decline over the last 10-15 years.  Their marketing budgets have decreased because the focus is now on marketing the movies more, and yet the marketing for the comics have gotten much worse in quality.  Now it's common practice for both DC and Marvel to spoil comic books before they're released and there is no communication between writers and marketing. 

I agree with you that you shouldn't buy comics that you don't want to buy because they contain characters you don't like or stories you don't like.  But just remember going the free route on new comics will just contribute to this downward spiral the comic industry is on and actually speed it up.  Going the free route on new comics with characters in it that you actually like will hurt that character's future.  I'm not saying to avoid those websites.  If you want to read old comics, a particular issue of a comic you don't like, or just don't have the money then go for it.  But just remember the consequences that it may have on the industry and your favorite characters in the future.  If the industry continues to decline then they won't be able to release as many comics and will take less risks.  It could get to the point where they'll only be willing to release comics with Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America, etc (the characters that have always provided the most steady sales and have the most steady fans).  Gambit has never been part of that group, Wolverine is the only x-men that is, and I don't see him joining it anytime soon unless something major happens that leads to hugely increased sales.  I didn't like Deadpool V Gambit so I chose not to buy it and I chose not to read it for free on the web.  Gambit could've have been written with more prominence in R&G but overall I still enjoyed it and he was written much better in that than in any other comic he's been in in the last 4-5 years.  I would much rather read Gambit the way he's written by Kelly Thompson than have him be in limbo for another couple years.  In general while I won't buy comics that I think portray Gambit poorly, I still would rather him appear in comics than not at all. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #344 on: July 17, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »

Love it lol. Boys will be boys.

And I'm honestly rooting for Remy here. My taste in Deadpool has been waning as of late. The goofball seems to have taken over as the dominant persona. Not happy about it.
Who Dat