Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70915 times)

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »
Quote from: wantutosigh link=topic=5172. msg74594#msg74594 date=1532018475
Them slipping through the back door and becoming the married X-couple instead of the highly publicized Kitty and Colossus, I think is hitting the right note.  For a Romy fan anyway.  I'm just hoping everything continues going in the right direction in Mr and Mrs X. 
It's true that they could be pretty spontaneous in the past.  But it's funny how Rogue became selectively spontaneous after years of dithering now that there is an editorial mandate that they get married.

Maybe it's just me.  But I have never seen Rogue and Gambit as the big-lavish-wedding-in-front-of-the-Xmen-type of couple.  They always struck me as that couple that would live together a la Claremont's X-treme for years and be perfectly happy with that until they suddenly decided to get hitched in Vegas or something.  Just simple and low-key.  I guess the white wedding just seems too. . .  traditional (?) to me.  I am sorry if I offend some by saying this, but KT's writing has always felt a bit like fanfic to me.  And I feel like that part was a bit too. . .  fanfic-y.  I can definitely see her influence in that.

And I don't personally believe there is ever an excuse for deus ex machina - fantasy world or not - unless you are intentionally using it to be funny.  Which they clearly aren't.

I'm happy that y'all are happy.  But I'm just not.  And I respect all of your opinions.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »
https://www.newsarama.com/40937-rogue-gambit-seal-it-with-a-kiss-in-mr-and-mrs-x-1-preview.html#s1  Heres the preview, read enjoy or don't im sure there will be complaints

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #377 on: July 19, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
Love it! Happy to see Bishop at Remy's side. Their friendship is not forgotten.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
I liked the preview.  It's good to see Gambit interacting with other Xmen and it's so refreshing to see him genuinely happy.  Excited to read the rest of this. 

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #379 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »

I loved it too. I really enjoyed Gambit's interactions with the other X-Men, and especially his banter with Bishop. I missed their friendship. I hope we get to see more of it.

If the preview is any indication, it's going to be a great book for *both* characters.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #380 on: July 19, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »
https://www.newsarama.com/40937-rogue-gambit-seal-it-with-a-kiss-in-mr-and-mrs-x-1-preview.html#s1  Heres the preview, read enjoy or don't im sure there will be complaints

Oh... Oh you know there will be. That was nice. Dare I say, heartwarming even. I swear... sometimes I think some of my ideas and plot points are leaking into this book.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #381 on: July 19, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

Yeah was surprised someone actually remembered Bishop and Gambit know each other.  That was a nice touch.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »
I just want somebody to take the time to fix him. He murdered an entire future Earth just to minimize Cable's options to run from him while he tried to murder his adopted daughter for hostilities she might aggravate in the future. Bishop. The guy I grew up reading as a selfless soldier of sacrifice and a stalwart of the greater good. Just don't buy it. Even if they are really going to just brush it off as it being the result of possession, we need an arc showing him dealing with the guilt of his body being along for the ride.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:01 AM »
At this point I am not sure if Guggenheim really wrote Gold 30.
It seems at least KT made dialogue rewrites for Gambit and Rogue.

Just my impression.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »

Just my impression.

I get the same impression. I loved the tease. Like Don said, it was heartwarming. What are they talking about in the scene with Rogue and Ilyana? Seems like a power dampener or something.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:42:56 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2018, 08:54:17 AM »
I just want somebody to take the time to fix him. He murdered an entire future Earth just to minimize Cable's options to run from him while he tried to murder his adopted daughter for hostilities she might aggravate in the future. Bishop. The guy I grew up reading as a selfless soldier of sacrifice and a stalwart of the greater good. Just don't buy it. Even if they are really going to just brush it off as it being the result of possession, we need an arc showing him dealing with the guilt of his body being along for the ride.

There is really no way to fix that.  The only way I see that happening is if he, Cable and Hope were in a book together devoted to resolving this.

One possible solution?  Have Bishop go back to the future and stop his past self from murdering all those people.  Of course I don't think Marvel cares enough to bother.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »

Same here! I always liked their dynamic

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »

Just my impression.

I had asked Kelly when I read X-Men Gold #30 about this and she did mention she gave an input in a lot of things starting from the dress to the behaviour of both the characters to match with the issue #1 of Mr&Mrs X.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
Had also forgotten about Gambit and Blink's connection so her inclusion makes that scene cooler.  Glad to see KT remembered it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2018, 10:51:10 AM »

I had asked Kelly when I read X-Men Gold #30 about this and she did mention she gave an input in a lot of things starting from the dress to the behaviour of both the characters to match with the issue #1 of Mr&Mrs X.

I thnk she did even more for Gold 30 butshe is not allowed to tell.