Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70896 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »
https://www.newsarama.com/40937-rogue-gambit-seal-it-with-a-kiss-in-mr-and-mrs-x-1-preview.html#s1  Heres the preview, read enjoy or don't im sure there will be complaints

I like it. Loving Gambit's interections. I'm a bit iffy about the art, though. Rogue has a weird Barbie face.

Offline saksiv

• Gambler
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
I thnk she did even more for Gold 30 butshe is not allowed to tell.

Same here, I have a feeling that Romy part is completley her work ;)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
I like it. Loving Gambit's interections. I'm a bit iffy about the art, though. Rogue has a weird Barbie face.

Still completely agree with this. Doesn't look like Rogue to me. Her and Magik have basically the same face.
Who Dat

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
Regarding the preview: a few pages in and I like it already. The vignette-style opening pages are a nice touch, the banter is pretty great, plenty of well-used cameos, and the art's not bad (not as good as Perez, but not bad at all). I'm looking forward to picking this issue up.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2018, 10:43:50 PM »
Seriously loved all the little nods to continuity, did not expect to see bishop and had forgotten about bling entirely.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »

There is really no way to fix that.  The only way I see that happening is if he, Cable and Hope were in a book together devoted to resolving this.

One possible solution?  Have Bishop go back to the future and stop his past self from murdering all those people.  Of course I don't think Marvel cares enough to bother.

No, I don't want the deed undone. I believe they blamed that whole thing on Bishop being possessed (because all of those "omega-level" telepaths wouldnt have noticed that...). They got the Demon Bear out and defeated it, but Bishop is still left here with this character assassination. If you compare the amount of eyes on Uncanny X-Force that brought Bishop back to the amount that saw him completely turn heel for 2+ years, it's not even a contest. They need to insert Bishop into a flagship book and use a sub-plot to rehab his character back to being a legit hero, right now he's tarnished. His actions after Messiah Complex are too deranged to just hand-wave off in my opinion. I'm a continuity junky. That crap happened and Bishop the character needs to shown confronting it on the big stage even if it leads to his demise via self-sacrifice in an attempt to redeem himself in the eyes of the X-Men.

Like Gambit being left by the entirety of the X-Men to die. Bishop razes an entire planet and it's just wrapped up in a small arc in a satellite book no one read and it's never brought up again? And the thing is, since he's been back, he's short on words and dark. I'd like Bishop of old back. He wasn't upbeat or super friendly, but he was confident and challenged people around him. I'd rather not see him just sitting in corners. It might just be more of those 80s writers hating on the 90s. I'm glad we're getting writers that are kinder to the 90s era characters.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »
Cover for issue #4 by Terry Dodson and frankly I don't like the cover as Gambit doesn't look like Gambit at all.

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »
Really excited for the series, but man, all these covers are so weak.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »
Cover for issue #4 by Terry Dodson and frankly I don't like the cover as Gambit doesn't look like Gambit at all.

Thanks! Glad to see more new costumes :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »
Thompson’s forthcoming Mr. and Mrs. X, which details Gambit and Rogue’s honeymoon after their surprise wedding in X-Men Gold (which Cebulski noted would be continuing with a new arc about Storm).[/size]Speaking of that surprise wedding, during the question and answer session with fans that ended the panel, a reader asked if Marvel had initially planned to have Kitty Pryde and Colossus marry without a hitch. At a Marvel creative retreat, however, someone suggested this idea (Cebulski thinks it was maybe Donny Cates, which, of course it was) and the Rogue and Gambit story evolved from there.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-18-uncanny-x-men-returning-this-fall-and-more-news-at-marvels-x-panel/amp/http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-18-uncanny-x-men-returning-this-fall-and-more-news-at-marvels-x-panel/amp/[/size]

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
^ I wholeheartedly believe that's how the idea came about. . .

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
Lol, yes. Kelly Thompson said that the mini series had are been planned and she was working on it when the wedding twist was decided and she changed a few things to make it fit better.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »

No, I don't want the deed undone. I believe they blamed that whole thing on Bishop being possessed (because all of those "omega-level" telepaths wouldnt have noticed that...). They got the Demon Bear out and defeated it, but Bishop is still left here with this character assassination. If you compare the amount of eyes on Uncanny X-Force that brought Bishop back to the amount that saw him completely turn heel for 2+ years, it's not even a contest. They need to insert Bishop into a flagship book and use a sub-plot to rehab his character back to being a legit hero, right now he's tarnished. His actions after Messiah Complex are too deranged to just hand-wave off in my opinion. I'm a continuity junky. That crap happened and Bishop the character needs to shown confronting it on the big stage even if it leads to his demise via self-sacrifice in an attempt to redeem himself in the eyes of the X-Men.

Like Gambit being left by the entirety of the X-Men to die. Bishop razes an entire planet and it's just wrapped up in a small arc in a satellite book no one read and it's never brought up again? And the thing is, since he's been back, he's short on words and dark. I'd like Bishop of old back. He wasn't upbeat or super friendly, but he was confident and challenged people around him. I'd rather not see him just sitting in corners. It might just be more of those 80s writers hating on the 90s. I'm glad we're getting writers that are kinder to the 90s era characters.

You can't really redeem yourself from murdering a planet though.  Any attempt at trying to frame a redemption story in my mind fails because his crime is too great.  Like would you want to read a redemption story about Adolf Hitler as quite frankly Bishop murdered something like 1,000 times more people.

The only thing that would satisfy me would be him undoing it honestly.  However, again I just don't think anyone at Marvel really cares nor do I think the readers care all that much either.  This is a different era where continuity means very little to Marvel and a large portion of readers. 
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:20:46 PM by andresa »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »
Newsarama interviews Kelly Thompson for the upcoming Mr&Mrs X ongoing series.

https://www.newsarama.com/41054-rogue-gambit-mr-mrs-x-x-men-kelly-thompson.html