Author Topic: Build an X-Men team (read the rules)  (Read 783 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Build an X-Men team (read the rules)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »
Leader - Karma - Has leadership experience, combat experience due to time in Asgard and is a telepath.  Also developed a good relationship with Gambit in AXM

Tank - Elixir - A bit unconventional but not only can he heal himself and is damn near unkillable as a result, he can heal and resurrect others making the team damn near invincible.  Further, he can take on traditional tanks because he can invert his powers and use them to cause illness, disease or death.  So all in all I might lean towards him over Warpath.  If you wanted to go full redemption arc then throw Daken in the mix as one of my favorite Gambit confrontations was definitely Daken vs Gambit.  Could also

Flanker/Cavalier - Ariel - Not a lot of teleporters and she provides someone for Gambit to flirt with.   

Wild Card - Chamber - Has a bit of a sarcastic sense of him and very powerful in his own right.  I see him playing off of Gambit well and Gambit taking him under his wing a bit.

Tech Support - Karima Shapandar - Has a connection to Gambit due to being possessed by Malice during MC when Gambit was a Marauder.  Thinking of her upgraded status which allowed her more control over technology.  Also can serve as a tank due to her regenerative abilities and enhanced strength

Stealth Ops - Gambit for obvious reasons but his added role on the team will be to play peacemaker between the more noble elements in the team and the more sinister (pun intended) elements.  So he will Co-lead with Karma.

"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »
And now for a more Sinister version of the team.

Leader - Gambit - Only a scoundrel can lead a team like this and this is Gambit's time to shine with a rag tag group of malcontents he is going to have to keep in check.  Luckily as head of the ITG, he has the resources to do it.

Tank - Daken - Who can forget their explosive and flirtatious encounter in X-23's book and now he is back to flirt with and serve as the tank to this sinister team.

Flanker/Cavalier - Mister Sinister - You can expect him to second guess and try and undermine Gambit at every turn as he thinks he should lead.  The beauty of Sinister is he can fill all these roles.  He has the mind to lead, the regenerative abilities to serve as a tank, the ability to use teleportation, he can serve as the wildcard given the above, he has the tech skills to aid in the tech and his shape shifting allows him to be stealthy as well.  He will be Gambit's Swiss Army knife that he can plug in anywhere.   I envision Gambit uncovering a clone version of Sinister with all his skills and abilities and some of his memories but a bit more of blank slate.  So Gambit decides to take him under his win and see if he can teach Sinister to be good (think of Evan Apocalypse).  Of course, the real Mister Sinister will find out and want this abomination of his destroyed bringing him into conflict with the this team.   

Wild Card - Marrow - The violent hilarity that will ensue once Marrow is placed on a team with Scalp, Mister Sinister, and Gambit ie orchestrators of her childhood tragedy.  She will be there to watch Sinister and Scalphunter especially with specific orders to kill them if they step out of line.  I think aside from the sarcastic and angry wit, it will be a good story of redemption and forgiveness for her to somehow resolve her issues with Gambit, Sinister and Scalphunter hence why she is the wild card in this.  Will she find it in her heart to forgive them?  Or will she view these clones of Sinister and Scalphunter guilty of the MM?  And what about Gambit's role?  In any event, it is that uncertainty that makes her a wild card not to mention she has healing abilities and can serve in a tank role as well.

Tech Support - Scalphunter - An old friend of Gambit's and one of the original Marauders who has regenerative, firearms and tech abilities.  He will also be wary of having a Sinister clone in the team which will create drama.

Stealth Ops - Mystique - Another villain and currently Gambit's mother in law, by God can you think of the drama that would ensue with her on this team.  She is also a shapeshifter and fully capable of stealth so she works well on this team.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:38:36 PM by remydat »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:39 PM »
And now for a more Sinister version of the team.

Leader - Gambit - Only a scoundrel can lead a team like this and this is Gambit's time to shine with a rag tag group of malcontents he is going to have to keep in check.  Luckily as head of the ITG, he has the resources to do it.

Tank - Daken - Who can forget their explosive and flirtatious encounter in X-23's book and now he is back to flirt with and serve as the tank to this sinister team.

Flanker/Cavalier - Mister Sinister - You can expect him to second guess and try and undermine Gambit at every turn as he thinks he should lead.  The beauty of Sinister is he can fill all these roles.  He has the mind to lead, the regenerative abilities to serve as a tank, the ability to use teleportation, he can serve as the wildcard given the above, he has the tech skills to aid in the tech and his shape shifting allows him to be stealthy as well.  He will be Gambit's Swiss Army knife that he can plug in anywhere.   I envision Gambit uncovering a clone version of Sinister with all his skills and abilities and some of his memories but a bit more of blank slate.  So Gambit decides to take him under his win and see if he can teach Sinister to be good (think of Evan Apocalypse).  Of course, the real Mister Sinister will find out and want this abomination of his destroyed bringing him into conflict with the this team.   

Wild Card - Marrow - The violent hilarity that will ensue once Marrow is placed on a team with Scalp, Mister Sinister, and Gambit ie orchestrators of her childhood tragedy.  She will be there to watch Sinister and Scalphunter especially with specific orders to kill them if they step out of line.  I think aside from the sarcastic and angry wit, it will be a good story of redemption and forgiveness for her to somehow resolve her issues with Gambit, Sinister and Scalphunter hence why she is the wild card in this.  Will she find it in her heart to forgive them?  Or will she view these clones of Sinister and Scalphunter guilty of the MM?  And what about Gambit's role?  In any event, it is that uncertainty that makes her a wild card not to mention she has healing abilities and can serve in a tank role as well.

Tech Support - Scalphunter - An old friend of Gambit's and one of the original Marauders who has regenerative, firearms and tech abilities.  He will also be wary of having a Sinister clone in the team which will create drama.

Stealth Ops - Mystique - Another villain and currently Gambit's mother in law, by God can you think of the drama that would ensue with her on this team.  She is also a shapeshifter and fully capable of stealth so she works well on this team.

Cheese and rice. You ...you need a hug.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
Off the board: Frenzy, Northstar, Hellion, Sage, Havok, Rogue, Iceman, Threnody, Pixie, Rockslide, Storm, Namor, Cypher, Blink, Honey Badger, Colossus, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Deadpool, Bishop, Magik, Armor, Doop, Jean, Legion, Juggernaut, Polaris, Danger, Forge, Wolverine, Lila Cheney, Jubilee, Beast, Domino, Cable, Cannonball, Vanisher, Boom Boom, Dr. Nemesis, Teen Cyclops, Surge, Teen Iceman, Teen, Beast, Dust, Hope Summers, Penance, Sunfire, Sunspot, X-23, Candra, Gentle, Madrox, Fantomex, Trinary, Daken, Karma, Omega Sentinel, Ariel, Elixir, Mystique, Marrow

Bonus round: Mister Sinister, Scalphunter
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Meliorist

• Master Thief
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 09:43:34 PM »
Haha, there I was doing some mental gymnastics on justifying Miss Sinister or Astra (the one that have issues with Magneto) and I could have just said a team to cross the line with. Well played, remydat

Edit: Accidentally put 'remyday' my bad

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »
Can't plot a Gambit team without including his most trusted friend lol.