Author Topic: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)  (Read 25561 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »
Well, I'm a little late so I probably have nothing to add that hasn’t already been said but anyway... I too hated the women’s faces looking the same, all too round and Barbie-like but I was relieved that Gambit looked way better on the pages subsequent to the wedding. Not because he was naked most of the time – although that was great – but his face looked more like Gambit should look. I was expecting that he dropped the sheet in Kitty’s face and luckily he did. 

I enjoyed the book overall but it does bother me that there were two full pages of Mystique – we definitely didn’t need that – and that Rogue had so much more panel time than Gambit. All I want is for the next issue to be more balanced because I loved Gambit’s interactions in the beginning of the issue and am looking forward to seeing him forming new dynamics with different characters. The action scenes seem promising.   

KT addresses some of fans' comments regarding M&MX #1 (about halfway through the interview):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCz5OxLwcy4

Gotta admit, I love how KT explains her decisions regarding people’s concerns and complaints. I for one had no problems whatsoever with the way Kurt and Bobby were joking about Gambit, because I saw it as a joke.       

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 09:53:52 AM »

Thanks for the link. That was a great interview and now I am super excited to get a glimpse of the 4 page fight scene between Gambit and Deadpool.

It is 4 page action suquence with Gambit and Deadpool in issue 3. I don`t think it is a fight. I think they are working together or fighting togehter someone. If they will fight then they will probably fight in issue 2.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:56:09 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 09:57:00 AM »
KT told in that interview that Bobby/Kurt were just joking on that panel.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »
By no means are Bobby and Remy best buds  and i didn't get the big brother vibe either. The dislike for one another has always been one sided, as in Bobby not liking Gambit see X-Men 45 the whole issue with Rogue also the card game in X-Men 48. In UXM 340 Remy goes with Storm to visit Bobby who is with his dad in the hospital after he is attacked, something Remy didnt have to do. The biggest clue though to how Bobby feels about Remy is in Gambits first ongoing issue 20 where Fontanelle tells Gambit that Bobby looks at Remy with pity thinks he is cool but deeply unhappy. To my knowledge they started being depicted as friendly to one another and hanging out (apart from being team mates) was in X-Men 165 where Remy gets his sight back and Bobby is helping Remy out acting like a guide, then after that it was in Lius Runs on X23 and AXM Bobbys dislike of Remy was gone, so they are good friends not best buds and Nightcrawler has had a dig or two at Remy but the two play ping pong together as i said and Kurt gets on with everyone. i dunno why i typed all this out but theres the relationship

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »
ah there was 3 posts after i typed the above, i was meant to say too i hope they were joking, maybe to rise Rogue

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
KT addresses some of fans' comments regarding M&MX #1 (about halfway through the interview):

Loved that interview! Lol at invited list for normal wedding and if Assassin Guild should be invited ;D

Funny that Gambit is the greatest thief in the Universe becuase he even stole a wedding.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »

It is 4 page action suquence with Gambit and Deadpool in issue 3. I don`t think it is a fight. I think they are working together or fighting togehter someone. If they will fight then they will probably fight in issue 2.

I really hope they work together. I would love that.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »

They took my question. Dope stuff.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »

That so cool. When I heard the name I assumed it was you.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
its a good interview and this will say more about me, but its freaking bugging me that KT got the quote sort of right and the right person saying it when she is referring about the power inhibitor  collar, it was Polaris but it wasn't in X-Factor it was way back in Austins UXM run at Lorna's bachelorette party issue 425 "and if Rogue had an sense, she'd take two asprin, put on a power inhibitor and go right to bed"  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
I enjoyed the issue, the artwork has a bit of an anime style to it, where the characters, like the females, look similar, but I don't really have a problem with it and it could be much worse. Look at the artwork that Weapon X had for two or three issues.
https://readcomics.io/weapon-x-2017/chapter-15/3

And what they have now.
https://readcomics.io/weapon-x-2017/chapter-20/5

As for the Bobby and Kurt thing... I don't care. However, I'm not a fan of Deadpool, so to me it feels like he's being shoehorned into this and to make sure that the first few issues sell since he's popular. But I get it, it's a business and your product needs to sell in order for it to last, but like I said, I'm just not a fan of him.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:16:34 PM by RomeoSvengali »
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
I was fairly satisfied with KT's responses to fans' concerns regarding #1. If the Bobby/Kurt scene was meant as them joking, that's how I'll see it.

As for Mystique...I wish she would have revealed that, having heard of the "wedding of the century", Mystique had decided to crash it with the intent of doing something nefarious, but, realizing that it's her daughter's wedding instead, her tiny little heart grew three times larger and she scrapped her plans for Rogue's sake. It would have made more sense to me...and yeah, Rogue wanting her mom there isn't surprising. It's an emotional day for her. Even if her mother is as crazy as they come...

Ha! I guessed (correctly) it was you, Don. I find it hilarious KT totally misinterpreted the question at first...

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »
Eh joking on not the the scene is still kind of out of place.  It would be one thing if they explained why they were there for Rogue and then joked about Gambit but instead they just took a shot at Gambit without any sort of reasoning as to why they are actually Team Rogue.  So for that reason the joke fell flat.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 11:02:35 PM »
Yeah, in retrospect and with an explanation I understand.

If they had actually been talking to him directly and saying 'aw hell no, we're team Rogue', I would have understood it as a joke a lot easier.

No huge deal, that's the thing about writing and art - everyone has their own interpretation.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
As for the Bobby and Kurt thing... I don't care. However, I'm not a fan of Deadpool, so to me it feels like he's being shoehorned into this and to make sure that the first few issues sell since he's popular. But I get it, it's a business and your product needs to sell in order for it to last, but like I said, I'm just not a fan of him.

There's good reason for him to show up in it. Although I wasn't expecting it to be so soon, and I also wasn't expecting him to be introduced the way he was.
Who Dat