Author Topic: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)  (Read 25559 times)

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
Re: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »
Eh joking on not the the scene is still kind of out of place.  It would be one thing if they explained why they were there for Rogue and then joked about Gambit but instead they just took a shot at Gambit without any sort of reasoning as to why they are actually Team Rogue.  So for that reason the joke fell flat.

Yeah, the joke didn't land for me. Rogue didn't seem to interpret it as a joke, and I followed her lead in reading it.

A "Very funny, guys." or similar snarky tone marker would have clarified it.

But, whatever, I also recognize that is the pickiest of nits. :)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 05:28:13 PM »

There's good reason for him to show up in it. Although I wasn't expecting it to be so soon, and I also wasn't expecting him to be introduced the way he was.

What exactly is that reason?  Can't just be Rogue as if so what makes him any more likely to show up than Mags or Human Torch?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:31:02 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »
I can't find a reason for Deadpool to show up aside from the fact that he is a cash cow therefore must be everywhere... everywhere. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 07:38:31 PM »
I can't find a reason for Deadpool to show up aside from the fact that he is a cash cow therefore must be everywhere... everywhere.

Working with Rogue in Uncanny Avengers, developing a mutual respect for each other, and Deadpool having insane amounts of feelings for her seems like a good enough reason.

Cue everyone moaning about a third wheel being introduced. Tough. Like I said, it makes total sense for Wade to show up. I just don't agree with it being so soon.
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »
His relationship with Rogue (again, because he's everywhere) is enough reason for his appearing so soon after the wedding be a bad idea. Complaints are legit. But, again, he sells, so his being there will help the book. it's cool when you're Deadpool fan, for me his showing up everywhere is just annoying. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2018, 08:03:37 PM »
I said that I didn't agree with him showing up so soon. But it makes sense that at some point he was going to. That's all I'm saying. If there was no history b/w him and Rogue, I seriously doubt KT would write him in.
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
But the thing is a lot of characters have history with a bunch of other characters. Yes, Deadpool has recent history with Rogue but so do other characters. He is the one showing up because he is popular.

IMO Deadpool's feelings for Rogue are the very reason for him being in a book dedicated to a married Rogue to be annoying. His appearing now or later is just as bad.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »
But there's your reasons for him appearing lol. It's not only because he's popular. Spider-Man's popular. He doesn't seem to be showing up. There's a link. And a legitimate one.
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
It's not my reason, it's the obvious reason. I never said there wasn't a link. My point is that Deadpool is not the only character with history with one of the leads but he is undoubtedly one of the most popular hence he is the one showing up instead of a lesser known character.

You're a Deadpool fan, I get it. Good for you. I think Deadpool is annoying. Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2018, 09:43:18 PM »
None of this has to do with me being a Deadpool fan. All I said initially was that he had good reason for showing up eventually in this book. He has a link to Rogue. That's the reason. Too bad that it's him and not Magneto or Torch or anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if either of them came up at some point too. But Wade's number came up. AND YET AGAIN.. I do NOT agree with him showing up already. I'm just saying that it makes sense that he did  eventually. I feel like that much should be clear to everyone. Regardless of whether he's anyone's favorite character or they detest him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 09:50:06 PM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2018, 11:25:05 PM »
Your reasons for Deadpool's appearance apply to a variety of other characters that's why I disagree that he is an obvious choice due to his link to Rogue. I think his showing up is because he draws attention.

We're going around in circles here so I'm done.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:38 PM »
I'm not seeing the big deal. It's Deadpool. Show up now, or 5 issues from now. I'm surprised he didn't parachute in during the "I do's".
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »
He was already shown sneaking in to the rehearsal dinner, but guess he thought it was boring and didn't bother sneaky by int the wedding...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:25:36 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
Who Dat