Author Topic: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)  (Read 25609 times)

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
Re: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »
Pardon my double-post, but preview pages for #4 are here:

https://rebelroguesoulkiller.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/mr-mrs-x-4-preview-pages/
I already posted this in CBR but I'm really digging how Gambit's using his powers in this preview. In more recent times his cards have been at worst more like bug zappers or at best like Jubilee's powers/gun shots. But I love how much more effective and destructive they seem in these previews, reminds me of the old times.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2018, 11:25:35 PM »
For those who didn't see my correction of my original post: the preview pages are from #2 and not #4.

In somewhat related news, I just read M&MX #1 is getting a second printing.

EDIT: forgot to add the source - https://mobile.twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1024845777204469760
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:05:08 PM by Nox »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2018, 12:46:04 AM »
Why aren't we talking about Bella or someone connected to Gambit showing up?

Oh right, this is a Rogue book masquerading as a Romy book.

This interview KT mention that "I think Gambit's family is the biggest missing element — his father Jean Luc and Tante Mattie especially," Thompson says. "I didn't think it made sense for them to be there given the way the wedding happened... But Jean Luc and Tante Mattie [are] a missing piece for Gambit that I'd love to rectify.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:47:03 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2018, 02:54:17 AM »
Pardon my double-post, but preview pages for #2 are here:

https://rebelroguesoulkiller.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/mr-mrs-x-4-preview-pages/

Edit: It's issue #2 and not #4 as the header indicates on that first page (it says #2 in the small print below).

Awesome! The way Deadpool run is hilarious.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2018, 02:55:46 AM »

This interview KT mention that "I think Gambit's family is the biggest missing element — his father Jean Luc and Tante Mattie especially," Thompson says. "I didn't think it made sense for them to be there given the way the wedding happened... But Jean Luc and Tante Mattie [are] a missing piece for Gambit that I'd love to rectify.

Tante and Jean-Luc must appear. Don`t care about Mags.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 04:46:45 AM »

Tante and Jean-Luc must appear. Don`t care about Mags.

I am looking forward to Jean Luc and Tante's appearance. It will be very interesting on how Magneto will react to the wedding.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2018, 06:40:57 AM »

Awesome! The way Deadpool run is hilarious.

I interpreted this totally differently than how you meant it. Thank God you didn't capitalize the w in way otherwise we would have words lol.
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »

I am looking forward to Jean Luc and Tante's appearance. It will be very interesting on how Magneto will react to the wedding.

Same about Jean-Luc and Tante. Their showing up is a must. However, I'd hate Magneto to be in this in any form. Rogneto is repulsive and the biggest stain on Gambit and Rogue's history. The less often it gets brought up the best.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »

Same about Jean-Luc and Tante. Their showing up is a must. However, I'd hate Magneto to be in this in any form. Rogneto is repulsive and the biggest stain on Gambit and Rogue's history. The less often it gets brought up the best.

On one hand, I'd like to see Remy tell off Magneto somehow. Like where Mags says something like "If you ever hurt her..." and Remy just says something cool/threatening towards him.

On the other hand, it would be nice for Rogue and Mags to just acknowledge they were a mistake and move on but I have a feeling that wouldn't be soap opera-y enough for X-Men and would get disregarded with the next writer who ships them.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »

On one hand, I'd like to see Remy tell off Magneto somehow. Like where Mags says something like "If you ever hurt her..." and Remy just says something cool/threatening towards him.

I don’t think Magneto cares enough to have this kind of attitude. And it’s hard for me to picture a scenario where Remy would come out on top just because he said something smart to Magneto. I don’t have the stomach to see it. I just don’t want to read anything regarding Magneto in this book or as long as Remy and Rogue are still together.

On the other hand, it would be nice for Rogue and Mags to just acknowledge they were a mistake and move on but I have a feeling that wouldn't be soap opera-y enough for X-Men and would get disregarded with the next writer who ships them.

But this book is not the right place for it, right?

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
I don’t think Magneto cares enough to have this kind of attitude. And it’s hard for me to picture a scenario where Remy would come out on top just because he said something smart to Magneto. I don’t have the stomach to see it. I just don’t want to read anything regarding Magneto in this book or as long as Remy and Rogue are still together.

No, that's a good point. I guess I was talking more about in the future when it inevitably will be brought up.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »

I don't think Remy or Magneto need to tell each other off like that but Kelly Thompson could gain a lot of Remy fans (who don't like Rogue) by clearing up some of the issues that fans have with Rogneto. How did Rogue's past connection with Mags develop into a desire to be with him so quickly and how was she able to overlook his past (such as his key involvement in Antarctica) when she was so much tougher judging Gambit all through out the past. Even just writing some sort of interaction/dialogue that helps us understand Rogue's past attraction to Mags and how she got over him to realize she's loves Remy more could only strengthen their marriage.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2018, 10:47:35 AM »

I don't think Remy or Magneto need to tell each other off like that but Kelly Thompson could gain a lot of Remy fans (who don't like Rogue) by clearing up some of the issues that fans have with Rogneto. How did Rogue's past connection with Mags develop into a desire to be with him so quickly and how was she able to overlook his past (such as his key involvement in Antarctica) when she was so much tougher judging Gambit all through out the past. Even just writing some sort of interaction/dialogue that helps us understand Rogue's past attraction to Mags and how she got over him to realize she's loves Remy more could only strengthen their marriage.

I guess I should clarify, the main reason I'd want Remy to tell off Magneto is because it's always annoyed me how Magneto has seemed to brush him away as nothing more than a common thief. So, I'm basically just being petty lol

But yeah, something like what you said would be nice

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »

I agree. Magneto doesnt seem the type to confront either of them, or be sour. And I dont see Gambit as the type to antagonize the situation. Personally, Rogue and Gambit were in a room together and in walked Mags, I can easily see Remy immediately asking her "Need a moment?" then briefly glance at Mags and walk off without a word. Maybe a nod, that I can also see Magneto returning because being sour or resentful about someone marrying his ex-girlfriend, is beneath him.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony