Author Topic: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)  (Read 25585 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr. & Mrs. X #1 (Spoilers)
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
Another reason I don't really want him m around, outwardly he'd have almost no reaction, so it have to get deep into his feeling and I don't want to get deep into his feelings. Plenty of other x-writer who constantly want to write about what a poor tragic little unicorn he is and how he just has to kill people... keep in those books...

I see the post about a second printing, which is cool, but didn't say anything because I didn't know the source. It was from KT twitter, so definitely true, so hooray! Second printing

Though on sadder, but related news, my quest for variants is mixed...KT had a bunch of signed copies on her web store and I did get the Young variant but the Ramos was sold out and the kirkham and one that looked like a cheesy romance novel cover and the weird shiny boots one...the only ones left were the Campbell ones.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »
Plenty of other x-writer who constantly want to write about what a poor tragic little unicorn he is and how he just has to kill people..

LOL! Poor tragic little unicorn!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2018, 11:01:29 AM »

Awesome! The way Deadpool run is hilarious.

YES! Made me LOL
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »

Though on sadder, but related news, my quest for variants is mixed...KT had a bunch of signed copies on her web store and I did get the Young variant but the Ramos was sold out and the kirkham and one that looked like a cheesy romance novel cover and the weird shiny boots one...the only ones left were the Campbell ones.

I haven't had any luck finding any variants, but that's cool KT sells them on her site. Might have to go that route so I can at least get the Young cover

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
As of yesterday, she still had some Young variants and Campbell variants, probably should check fast, lol.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »
No Mags please.  Gambit shouldn't have anything to say to him as Mags never owed him anything.  Rogue did.  Bringing Mags in doesn't make sense unless Rogue is going to finally address the crap she pulled.

Yes to Jean-Luc and company.  Would be cool to see Gambit bringing Rogue to New Orleans to meet the fam only for it to be a big surprise party for the new couple with the Thieves Guild out in force.  And Rogue to be left wondering WTF she got herself into marrying Gambit.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the no-Mags camp. I get what bark-no-byte's getting at, but I doubt he cares about what Rogue does, just as I don't want to see him appear.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
Yes to Jean-Luc and company.  Would be cool to see Gambit bringing Rogue to New Orleans to meet the fam only for it to be a big surprise party for the new couple with the Thieves Guild out in force.  And Rogue to be left wondering WTF she got herself into marrying Gambit.

Love to read something along these lines. Seeing the Guild characters' reactions could make for some fun, even comedic, moments. I can totally see Lapin telling Remy that for a so-called lady's man he sure gets married a lot or Tante Mattie being supportive.

BTW, I saw this post on Tumblr of someone suggesting that the egg in Mr. and Mrs. X could be the Momentary Princess. I haven't read the Gambit solo in ages so I don't know whether it is plausible but I do remember a flash-forward where Remy and Rogue were married and had the gem. Anyway, someone with a better memory could probably debunk this.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
It could very well be the Momentary Princess as it was something Jean Luc tried to get in 1897 and also had sent Gambit to acquire it but I think it might be Phoenix Egg.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
The Momentary Princess would be a great allusion to that scene from the Gambit solo, but it was a gem and this thing is an egg...so yeah, probably not. Wasn't the gem destroyed by the Marauders or something?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:33:31 AM by Nox »

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:42 PM »
The Momentary Princess would be a great allusion to that scene from the Gambit solo, but it was a gem and this thing is an egg...so yeah, probably not. Wasn't the gem destroyed by the Marauders or something?

Right. Plus, someone did a post about it possibly being the MP but KT said it wasn’t.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
I don't want to see Magneto either. I just don't think it's necessary and it wouldn't help anything. Rogneto to me was someone interjecting their own bizarre fan-fiction into the main X-Men storyline and wound up really messing things up and creating a lot of convolution in the process. I'm completely willing to just leave all that stuff alone and basically forget it at this point. But that's just me.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »
Ohhhh, it would be so cool to see The Momentary Princess

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
That would be a super deep cut. But would the momentary princess by something that shi'ar would really care about?i

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2018, 05:57:23 AM »

If the Rogue and Gambit series hadn't ended with them getting back together, what else would have been different in those last two issues? What story changes would have been made? How would they have parted ways?

KT: They would have gone on a different emotional journey and ended up in a different place where they felt like their story was truly done (at least for now)…instead of seeing it through different eyes and feeling that re-kindled love.
We might have used some different flashbacks…but MOSTLY we would have just showed them having different emotional reactions to the memories and experiences they had on the island. And when they re-absorbed their memories and all that trauma and baggage that comes with it at the end they would have seen their experiences on the island free of trauma as a beautiful but bittersweet gift they’d been given…but one that was temporary. And they would have moved on…at least for now.
I don’t think, even if we’d done that, that the book would ever fully be closed on them as a couple.