Author Topic: Uncanny X-Men Coming Back  (Read 7328 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Uncanny X-Men Coming Back
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »

I couldn't find a thread about this (other than the "leaks"), so I thought I'd make a new one since they just announced the creative team.

Last month at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics announced that UNCANNY X-MEN would return this fall. Today, the creative team was officially announced as well as an official release date for UNCANNY X-MEN #1 -- Wednesday, November 14. The new ongoing series is jam-packed with X-talent -- all the writers and artists have previously worked on X-Men characters and stories and will be teaming up for more mutant mayhem!
UNCANNY X-MEN will launch with a 10-part weekly epic called "Disassembled." Where the series goes from there depends on who is left standing!
In this "epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance," every remaining mutant on the planet will come together in "an adventure so Earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!" With stakes this high, it will take an extraordinary team to tell this story.
Writers Ed Brisson (EXTERMINATION), Kelly Thompson (MR. AND MRS. X), and Matthew Rosenberg (PHOENIX RESURRECTION, ASTONISHING X-MEN) will join the equally X-perienced artistic team of Mahmud Asrar (X-MEN RED), R.B. Silva (X-MEN BLUE), Yildiray Cinar (WEAPON X), and Pere Perez (ROGUE AND GAMBIT). Leinil Frances Yu will provide artwork for the covers.
Source: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/uncanny-x-men-announces-its-new-creative-team?linkId=55408261
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:43:05 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Uncanny X-Men Coming Back
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
Great job!

#@$#! 10-weeks?! All my monies!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »
From KTs Tumblr

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/post/176854548320/new-uncanny-x-men

Uncanny X-Men
Jean
Rogue

Gambit
Storm
Nightcrawler
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:37:21 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
Oh, it is epic!

Gambit looks great. Gambit is on Uncanny! Hell yeah!

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:29:30 AM »
Oh, it is epic!

Gambit looks great. Gambit is on Uncanny! Hell yeah!

Well for at least the first 10 issue event, he is. How much or what happens after that, who knows. But this is awesome nonetheless. I'm usually not about weekly books but I'm willing to pay for this one.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:32:19 AM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
Anyone notice basically that entire front row is all female? Gambit and Having are just kinda in the front line? Its like 13 to 1 and a half lol! I'm not feeling the Jean-smirk...

Looks interesting if not reminiscent of the Avengers event?

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 10:20:45 PM »
No Surrender was apparently a big success. I didn't read it, but that's what I've heard. It would make sense for the X-Men to do something similar if the story was worth it.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:21:15 AM »
But my all monies??!

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 08:28:41 AM »
Is that the adult Jean Grey?
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
But my all monies??!

It makes it even easier if Red and Astonishing are put on hiatus while this happens.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 12:09:26 PM »
Is that the adult Jean Grey?

Yes, it is adult Jean Grey.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »

It makes it even easier if Red and Astonishing are put on hiatus while this happens.

KT told that not  everyone on pic is part of Uncanny line-up.

I am sure RED and Astonishing will continue at least till January.

I think Uncanny will have just some characters from different teams.

Characters that confirmed for Uncanny from parts of #1 cover:
Bishop
Jean
Storm
Madrox
Kurt
Beast

Also I think that Gambit and Rogue will be there too because Uncanny will have some influence on Mr & Mrs X second arc.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
I'm not saying Red or Astonishing will be canceled, just put on pause. When No Surrender was being released it was the only AVENGERS book for the duration of the event.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »
I'm not saying Red or Astonishing will be canceled, just put on pause. When No Surrender was being released it was the only AVENGERS book for the duration of the event.

Yes. Because it killed all other books with relaunch after No Surrender.

Uncanny 10 part story will end on January.
Red 12 will be in January. The end of first arc or book.
Return of Wolverine ends in January too.

We may get small new reboot in some from for February.
Also I think Uncanny will get new team after dissambeled and Wolverine will be on it. Maybe even Cyke.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
I agree, I think this reshuffles the deck and we get new books with new rosters afterwards. Uncanny will continue as a monthly or bi monthly or whatever.. and I think Astonishing will stick around with Rosenberg possibly writing both as sister titles.

I think KT will stick with Mr and Mrs X (GOD I hate writing that title) and possibly pick up a team x-book while Brisson writes an X-Force type book with Cable. My gut feeling.
Who Dat