Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 1629 times)

Offline thjan

• Master Thief
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 12:06:22 AM »
Yes, another thanks here, Neko.  This has always been a wonderful place for Gambit fans to come together and a great resource for keeping up with the latest Gambit related news.  I've greatly enjoyed all the times over the years that I've visited this place(even if most of it was as a lurker). There always seems to be a number of people that are dismissive of or flat out hate Gambit on other forums, so it was always nice to have a place to go where everyone was as big a fan of Gambit as I am.  Anyway, I will be sad to see this place go, but if you are not enjoying it anymore then you should definitely do what's right for you.  Fan sites are supposed to be fun, not a burden or a chore.  Thanks again for providing a place where there as been so much enjoyable conversation and reading for Gambit super fans over the years.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
Thanks for everything Neko. You've done a beautiful job with this site and I do hope you can keep it up! It has been wonderful chatting with other devoted fans of Gambit. We have stuck together despite Marvel barely featuring him and through all the bad writing. I wish I could've been around more,especially when Gambit was still in his prime and when more was going on in here. But I'm forever grateful for Neko and her beautiful website The Gambit Guild!

I hope you can somehow keep it open Neko! But if you can't you've done an amazing job!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »
Tried to do my best, Boss ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »
Thank you pastella, thjan and Mateo3000.

I talked with SBB, he is not only my husband but my IT guy for the site.Unfortunately, I forgot what we agreed on, my fault there.
I'll ask him again what he thinks and go from there. He does have a way of mellowing me out. LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
Tried to do my best, Boss ;)
You are doing great. Just be you.  ;D And if you got the gumption, keep it rolling.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:24:47 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »
You are doing great. Just be you.  ;D And if you got the gumption, keep it rolling.
Thank you my friend ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »
No problem. Keep your passions. Like what you like and don't what you don't. Its all good in the grand scheme.

We discuss, we get heated and we heal or understand each other. It's why I like this place so much. Why its hard for me with my thoughts for it at this time.

In general, I want you all to be good, be happy and enjoy what you love. It was always my view for this place.

All good to disagree too. It's a little good to practice debate anyway. :)
Anyhoo. I've rambled on.

Edit: And to Purp ... I know you probably are busy ... but keep the art rolling in. I've missed seeing fan art of Gambit.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:27:16 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »
Neko,

You should definitely post more on tumblr or twitter since those places are great free platforms. I've heard tumblr has a great comics and remy community as well. So maybe the guild could still be active there if this website is closed. Hope you're doing well and thanks for running the guild!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
Neko,

You should definitely post more on tumblr or twitter since those places are great free platforms. I've heard tumblr has a great comics and remy community as well. So maybe the guild could still be active there if this website is closed. Hope you're doing well and thanks for running the guild!
Its a good option as is the FB page, which has loads of storage for pictures. The only thing annoying with FB is the ads but ... there are some of that everywhere anyway.
I was toying with an idea ... I don't want to say yet ... but as I work this out ... I might have a solution I had not thought about.

Thanks again for all the support gang, its been truly appreciated. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Details
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2018, 07:43:02 PM »
The scoop: on Dec 31, the forum is gone - midnight - eastern.

We're backing up the information and keeping it. What that means ... it means ... if for some time in the future depending on length of time, I resurrect the forum (and if can,) those who have accounts would only need to reactivate (in theory).

I don't know the future but your info is safe with me. I will not allow anyone to have it.
The static pages will stay the same and I may occupy my time updating them, though most don't visit.

As for the tumblr, FB and Twitter - those involved ... they are yours. If I need to do something to make that more permanent ... I need to know and make it happen. Otherwise ... is what it is ... I won't be spending time on any of those platforms.

Thank you, much love to you all. I'll find a fun pic for the forum link ... Don, you don't want cats, say so now. LOL
edit
too funny: you didn't notice that there is no year listed with the date.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:50:34 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2018, 08:22:59 PM »
...I actually think itd be fitting. Those damn things are very canon now.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
dang, i was holding off on commenting hoping things might change, gotta admit this sucks but i 100% understand, Thank you so much Neko for everything, i am very grateful for everything you have done with this page, the community and giving your free time so others had a forum,
you will always be immortalized in the 616 continuity  :D

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
Well, that's it then... seriously, I'm sad to see the forum go. I think I still have you on FB, though I don't you ever post anything.

It was great while it lasted and I will miss you guys. Thanks Neko, for all those years.  :'(
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
dang, i was holding off on commenting hoping things might change, gotta admit this sucks but i 100% understand, Thank you so much Neko for everything, i am very grateful for everything you have done with this page, the community and giving your free time so others had a forum,
you will always be immortalized in the 616 continuity  :D
Being female, I still hold my right to change my mind. LOL

That image was such a surprise - it was cute to read the non-spoilers for me until I picked it up. That will probably be my favorite issue.

Maybe the holiday spirit will visit me.

Give me something to hang on to - Rogue isn't going to cut it for me.

However, I'm learning how important this place has been for folks and I have to admit that is probably the most endearing thing I've read in some time. And the most compelling thing to keep it rolling. I like you guys/gals. Whether you post or not, if its a safe place, I like that.

I feel like, if I don't. You've called my bluff. If I do, I've taken something away. If I'm not going to be considered a nut for changing my mind then, I guess - we could revisit this whole idea.

Perhaps, I just need a break and I should add someone else to monitor it so that I can have my break from comics. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

And yeah, as I ponder this whole thing - I may edit this post a few times. LOL
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 04:11:42 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
Well, that's it then... seriously, I'm sad to see the forum go. I think I still have you on FB, though I don't you ever post anything.

It was great while it lasted and I will miss you guys. Thanks Neko, for all those years.  :'(
We should do a keep in touch thread.

FB is such a odd thing. I said goodbye to that and still have the account. So ... does that mean there is hope? LOL Maybe.