Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 731 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
B-but I already told Purp to loose the Gator Dem!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 11:30:26 PM »
Let the Gator Dem run amok as far as I'm concerned. It's cute. LOL

edit:
It's just taking time, I'm not as technically astute as I used to be. Which is fine, gives me time to think, look at options and all that and I don't want to be abrupt either.

I've done things abruptly in the past and it wasn't a good idea. Let time do its thing while I figure out mine. LOL

All of you are great.  :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:45:18 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
Whatever happens, you've been great all this time Neko.  :smitten:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 09:14:29 PM »
Thank you.  :gambit: :gambit:

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
oof, heavy topic but completely understandable. No need to keep with a hobby/ interest if it ruins your mood.
If the site goes down, it has been great meeting and talking with you all. You've been a much needed port in the storm. Neko, you've played an integral part of this community and everything you have done for us is appreciated.
Cheers, everyone! Hopefully, we'll cross paths elsewhere

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
Thanks! Everyone here has been great. And I've enjoyed discussions with all of you.

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »
Awww... I haven't been around much, but I would really miss this place. A lot! But I guess you have to do what you want to do. I would be really sorry to see the site go. It's been a part of my life for such a long time.

But... there might be a solution if you really intend to let this go. There's this site known as Facebook. It won't be the same, but that might be a way to keep the discussions going?

Wow, I didn't think I would actually be sad about it.

It's been great, you guys, and thank you Neko for giving us this platform.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 04:53:57 PM »
Yeah, we've got a tumblr and a twitter too. It's not a bad idea, keeps top of mind. But I don't want to be in charge of it.

Not a fan of FB, I like twitter and I've yet to determine how useful tumblr or sites like that are .... they are just a blog.

Though I'm not a fan of FB, you are right, you can comment there. It's an option.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »
So, no more movie, TV, or video game quotes, no more You Can Have Any Super Power, But... well, it all had to come to end some time. When I first came here in 2011, I needed a place to talk about Gambit because of what was going on at the time with him and this placed helped with that. It's been fun ;)
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline saksiv

• Gambler
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
You have made a greate job of keeping this forum and site alive! When I got my internet in 2008, I Googled my childhood hero "Gambit", and since then this site is in my favorites))) Thank you for your time and effort.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »
Thanks Neko.👍👏

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
Shame to see the site go. This site was a refuge during the dark days for Gambit such as Deathbit. Currently I think Gambit is experiencing a high point, most anti Gambit creators have moved on.

While not everyone  is happy with Gambit's current direction, I never found disagreement here to be disagreeable!
 Marvel doesn't have a clear vision for the X-Men IMO, let alone Gambit. So enjoy the stories Gambit is in, where he is not made a fool intentionally.

I will say for my part, I have enjoyed what Kelly Thompson has done with Gambit lately.But I am a strong Romy supporter.
Ultimately, it would be selfish to expect Neko to run this site when she no longer enjoys the hobby.

And on an amusing note Marvel has made a FEMALE stop reading their comics, the worst sin Marvel could think of! :P
Thanks for hosting Neko, take care all!

Offline killphil

• Journeyman
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
Crazy to see this site go. Ive been coming here off and on since 2003, 2004 maybe? Long time. Haven't been all that active, especially the last 7-8 years.

Appreciate all you have done for us, Neko.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 08:49:28 PM »
Thanks X-fan73 and killphil.

No exit date yet but, I'm a tad lazy on these sorts of things. LOL
And yes, Marvel drove away a female fan. Not sure how much they cared for the female fan to begin with but ... is what it is.

Edit: if you are enjoying MMX, awesome. I think that is great. I'm not one of those but we don't all like the same stuff.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:01:13 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 06:47:27 AM »
Neko thanks for creating this place. I am not online as much as I used to or could due to real life but this place has been my main source of Gambit related news.

But the most important thing is for you to be well. Take your time and take care of yourself. Having battled with depression myself for a few years, focus on positivity and what makes you happy. It is OK not to want this anymore. Be well, OK?
Art is hard, life is harder