Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 17010 times)

Offline Toadman005

• Survivor
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
dang, i was holding off on commenting hoping things might change, gotta admit this sucks but i 100% understand, Thank you so much Neko for everything, i am very grateful for everything you have done with this page, the community and giving your free time so others had a forum,
you will always be immortalized in the 616 continuity  :D

Great post! Neko deserves to be in 616:)

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2018, 06:37:37 AM »
Being female, I still hold my right to change my mind. LOL

That image was such a surprise - it was cute to read the non-spoilers for me until I picked it up. That will probably be my favorite issue.

Maybe the holiday spirit will visit me.

Give me something to hang on to - Rogue isn't going to cut it for me.

However, I'm learning how important this place has been for folks and I have to admit that is probably the most endearing thing I've read in some time. And the most compelling thing to keep it rolling. I like you guys/gals. Whether you post or not, if its a safe place, I like that.

I feel like, if I don't. You've called my bluff. If I do, I've taken something away. If I'm not going to be considered a nut for changing my mind then, I guess - we could revisit this whole idea.

Perhaps, I just need a break and I should add someone else to monitor it so that I can have my break from comics. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

And yeah, as I ponder this whole thing - I may edit this post a few times. LOL

I love you too, Neko.  ;D
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 04:43:50 AM »

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
Won’t ever forget what you’ve brought to the Gambit loving community...I mean, a Q&A with Asmus??? It was amazing!  :smitten:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2018, 10:36:38 AM »
Aww, Thanks NicoPony. I still tweet him occasionally but not often, Layman too.

Well, I'm still pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning up these details. So ... who knows.  :crazy2:

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »
Okay, here we go. 

You know, I've been posting on this forum for a long time.  I mean, how long has this place been going on for?  Definitely while I was still at university and that was REALLY long ago.  But in the past where I used to put a lot of thought into making my posts energetic and entertaining, these past few years I've just kind of stated my opinions and that was it.  And that's nothing to do with you guys, it's all to do with me just not really enjoying what has become of Marvel comics. 
Thing is, I've been lurking pretty much every day, without fail, so I still see everything that's going on, and Neko I've been going through EXACTLY the same thing as you.  The stories just don't do it for me anymore.  No more passion.  No edge.  It's just, y'know, churn out formulaic stories that they think will sell. 

So whilst I'm very sad to see this site go, I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks everybody for all the laughs, all the chats.  I'm a very different person now to who I was when I made my first ever post, lots of things have changed and happened in my life, but this place has always been a constant.  It's a good chance that this will be my last ever post on a comic book forum actually, since I'll likely never create a CBR account.  But I'll probably forever be a lurker so you'll never truly be rid of me! 

Godspeed everybody, and goodnight!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2018, 12:41:59 PM »
Okay, here we go. 

You know, I've been posting on this forum for a long time.  I mean, how long has this place been going on for?  Definitely while I was still at university and that was REALLY long ago.  But in the past where I used to put a lot of thought into making my posts energetic and entertaining, these past few years I've just kind of stated my opinions and that was it.  And that's nothing to do with you guys, it's all to do with me just not really enjoying what has become of Marvel comics. 
Thing is, I've been lurking pretty much every day, without fail, so I still see everything that's going on, and Neko I've been going through EXACTLY the same thing as you.  The stories just don't do it for me anymore.  No more passion.  No edge.  It's just, y'know, churn out formulaic stories that they think will sell. 

So whilst I'm very sad to see this site go, I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks everybody for all the laughs, all the chats.  I'm a very different person now to who I was when I made my first ever post, lots of things have changed and happened in my life, but this place has always been a constant.  It's a good chance that this will be my last ever post on a comic book forum actually, since I'll likely never create a CBR account.  But I'll probably forever be a lurker so you'll never truly be rid of me! 

Godspeed everybody, and goodnight!
It's a relief to read another's persons view that is similar. I have a couple of rl friends who gave the hobby up long ago and for the very same reasons. Disappointment in story telling. One even joked I should change it to their favorite character (Colossus). I laughed, but it is a cute thought none the less.

I could re-purpose the forum. Broaden it in scope and still leave some Gambit things.
I think you are on twitter or I hope you are Spoonz. I think its still a good medium to keep in touch.

You can do group dm's for hobbies. I have for a few other things. Keeps the messages between certain people and keeps it off the timeline. I could do with with the Gambit twitter. I'd say talking out loud, but its more like typing. LOL

Of course those of us who have already shared emails, I hope we'll try and keep up with each other.

I'm feeling more blasé at this time.  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:43:46 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
I guess this is the last day of the forum? (Sniff) although I would not be against the broadening idea.  I guess I should get on Twitter, seems like some of you guys are going there.

Thank you again for everything Neko!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »
don't forget my laziness ...The hubby and I are a bit busy. LOL
That means we've done nothing so far. LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
Enjoy while its here. I'm gonna take a sabbatical.

I promise two weeks notice. When we get off our butts to deal. :)

Be good to each other.

Don - keep it all going. :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:18:27 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2019, 09:38:59 AM »
Happy New Years Neko and everybody else!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
Enjoy while its here. I'm gonna take a sabbatical.

I promise two weeks notice. When we get off our butts to deal. :)

Be good to each other.

Don - keep it all going. :)

Mahahaahaha! Look at me, all of you, I am the Captain now.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2019, 03:07:40 PM »

Mahahaahaha! Look at me, all of you, I am the Captain now.

My congats, Captain ;)

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope it will be a very good year for all you full of love, happiness and good adventures!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Captain Don- take care of the fam ... they need you.

I'll be here when you need me. Email me or dm me ... whatever works.

The comments here - have had me  - re-evaluate ... so .. Don is in charge, be good, make threads and have fun.