Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #6  (Read 16209 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Mr and Mrs X #6
« on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
Thread for the book:
based on comments from CBR - Rogue saves the day again. (we should be surprised.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:12:56 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr and Mrs X #6
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:15:22 AM »
My favorite things about this issue:
Marry Sue Rogue saving the day.  She is just so super awesome.

Rogue inviting her ex so she could talk out her issues instead of talking to her actual husband.  Mags is just so manly looking and caring.  I am shocked they just didn't do it in the air right then and there.

Things I am looking forward too:
Rogue taking over as Queen of Thieves from their incompetent King.  With Bella they can form an awesome duo.  Go girl power!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:17:23 AM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »
On the bright side, Gambit has a pretty boss moment in X-men Red.  At least someone remembers he can do more than just charge cards.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »
There is so much I want to say and all of it sarcastic. In the end-KT is a female MC, only Gambit isn't getting any story.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:48:36 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »
That uncalled Magneto cameo made me want to puke. Just because Gambit’s ex was there, KT felt the urge to insert Rogue’s ex to balance it out? Seriously? Magneto is the lowest point in Rogue’s history but now suddenly he cares enough to give her his blessing? And she apologizes as if she owes him something. This alone ruined an issue that otherwise could’ve fun.

Having read just once, I kinda liked the conversation Gambit had with Bella (maybe I’ll change my mind when I read again). But except for Bobby and Beast, the other characters were just there in the background, and Laura was out of character. 

Very disappointing issue. And I say disappointing because I was actually expecting this to be better than the previous ones.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:12:25 PM by andresa »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 11:38:54 AM »
Gambit having one somewhat badass moment in Red doesn't make up for being a wallpaper in other issues. This book is so overrated, and I say that as an X-Men fan, not just a Gambit fan.   

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
I'm in a IDGAF mode. This book is a Rogue solo and Gambit be damned. Having splash scenes while nice does nothing when he is a NOBODY in this book that he is suppose to be half of ....
Don - be shocked, even Gambit's cats can't get me interested.

Anyway - my apologies, no offense to anyone, don't take my words personally.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:03:49 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
Rogue didn't save the day, she ended the fight quickly because she was impatient, Gambit wasn't in any danger or grave peril he didn't need help, infact Rogue was the one who needed help,without her powers she couldn't handle it any more and went nuclear to end it quickly, otherwise Gambit would have had to keep protecting her and fight everyone else which would have taken a while and they had guests arriving. If anything Rogue is so poorly written and im not a huge Rogue fan but i feel sorry for her fans, the Magneto thing was weird, Bella showing up was fun for me as im a huge Bella fan. the issue was a bit of a rush job and Rogue is all angsty again but Remy was written well and again a competent fighter. Also KT is not doing a very good job with the other X-Men it seems very forced and out of character especially the splash page conversations and she messed up one of the most iconic story's about Bishop hitting rogue with the pie, it ended the conflict with Remy before Bella attacked but as he is retelling it Rogue apparently came flying at him covered in pie, god damn KT

In Red every time Gambit is used he is basically leading the team apart from jean, in the latest issue he is giving orders to the freaking Avengers aswell as showcasing his powers
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:03:50 PM by Dantay »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
here's Gambit being boss

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
I agree with Dantay, Gambit was actually written better than Rogue, his scene with Bella was good. In fact Bella was great in this. Rogue on the other hand was the one that struggled a little this time.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »
I will say, I believe there a panel of rogue flying covered in pie toward the end of that scene. So that’s ok, and I agree that she didn’t really save the day, but the mags cameo was eye rolling.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
I will say, I believe there a panel of rogue flying covered in pie toward the end of that scene. So that’s ok, and I agree that she didn’t really save the day, but the mags cameo was eye rolling.
ah your correct , she stopped when they were laughing, dang it

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
I actually really liked this issue, apart from creepy old Magneto sticking his oar in. At least he didn’t offer her a magic cure.

One thing that bothered me was the lack of reaction shots. I don’t know if that’s an artist or writer decision, or just born out of the page limit on each issue, but I would’ve loved to have a moment for Gambit’s reaction when Jean-Luc and Belle just turn up out of nowhere after years of silence. Particularly when it turns out they both just turned up to warn him.

I thought it was funny that the other Thieves think marrying Rogue makes Gambit a wimp.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 04:21:03 PM »
Gambit having one somewhat badass moment in Red doesn't make up for being a wallpaper in other issues. This book is so overrated, and I say that as an X-Men fan, not just a Gambit fan.

No one said that.  It is just said that he has better momements in a wallpaper book than in a book he is costarring in.  And I use the term costar loosely as at this point he is more like the bumbling sidekick.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »

No one said that.  It is just said that he has better momements in a wallpaper book than in a book he is costarring in.  And I use the term costar loosely as at this point he is more like the bumbling sidekick.
What books are you reading? seriously how is he bumbling?