Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #6  (Read 16214 times)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
Re: Mr and Mrs X #6
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
Man, I really gotta read this so I can get in on the debate!!  >:D
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »
Still didn’t like the scene but she wasn’t exactly sneaking around. She invited him to the party, with everyone and didn’t sneak out to meet him. He showed up right after she dropped those guys in the river and was trying to ‘calm down’
Yeah i got the impression she invited him to the party they just happened to meet outside because she was all messed up from using her powers, if that hadnt have happened Mags probably would have shown up at the part and that would have been a way better scene

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »
Still didn’t like the scene but she wasn’t exactly sneaking around. She invited him to the party, with everyone and didn’t sneak out to meet him. He showed up right after she dropped those guys in the river and was trying to ‘calm down’

There is no indication she told Gambit about it so yeah she was sneaking around.  You don't think it would be important for KT to make it clear Gambit knew and approved?

But then again that would require KT focus on Gambit which would take panel time away from Mary Sue Rogue.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 12:01:09 PM »
Yeah i got the impression she invited him to the party they just happened to meet outside because she was all messed up from using her powers, if that hadnt have happened Mags probably would have shown up at the part and that would have been a way better scene

Yeah so why didnt she do that?  Because she wanted Dear Rogue to have a private moment where she confides in her mutant terrorist ex boyfriend in a way she never did when she was banging Mags while Gambit was on the same team.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
This book is a Rogue solo. The writer doesn't seem to care all that much for Gambit, other than being a love interest/hubby for Rogue. If you are a Rogue/romy fan, all good. No content needed for Gambit.
Using his powers well isn't content. He doesn't even save the day. It's literally all about Rogue. I don't do this hobby for her.

This is a problem for a hard core Gambit fan. And a reason I'm not happy with the hobby.

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
possible spoiler thought

i dont know how to do the black highlight thing

At the end of 6 rogue wanted to tlak to Remy and he was like maybe another night
is rogue pregnant?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »
possible spoiler thought

i dont know how to do the black highlight thing

At the end of 6 rogue wanted to tlak to Remy and he was like maybe another night
is rogue pregnant?

I think just a talk about her powers. Nothing more.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »
KT is the writer.  She can write any scene that she wanted.  The conflict could have been written for Gambit to end it but she wrote it for Rogue to end it.  Just like Rogue ends everything of importance in KT's writing.  Going all the way back to the mini when the villain was obviously created for Rogue and Rogue alone to work through her issues and she ended it there as well.

Rogue will always be the one to end it because KT will specifically write the story in a way for her to end it. That is the point.

Did you then go around your current GF's back and meet with your ex to apologize?

Did your ex invite you to the engagement party then sneak out and meet you upstairs alone?

If not then your situations are not comparable.  I would have no problem with my GF wanting to tell her ex about us.  I would be livid if she went behind my back to do it.  I would also be livid if I found out she shared details that she should be sharing with me.  Finally, I would probably break up with her if she went out of her way to apologize to a dude when she refused to apologize to me for f***ing that same dude like 30 minutes before I pledged my eternal love to her.  That is simply not someone you can fully trust.  She makes accommodations
for another dude that she never made for me.  Nah homie don't play that.

yeah... I'm not defending the actions of a fictional character? I'm talking about the quality of the writing. I think it was a good read. Hell, no I wouldn't be ok with my wife doing something behind my back just as much as wouldn't be with me doing the same. You took this somewhere I wasn't going, or care to go. I was comparing her motivations, something I can relate to, I wasn't justifying her actions. If Gambit finds outs, I think he has every right to be pissed. You don't hide things from your spouse. But if he doesnt share his conversation with Rogue, same thing. Might want to go argue the virtues of Ann Marie with those nuts on CBR LOL, I'm not going to do that ;). You seem bent on disliking it. That's cool. I liked this issue better than the last one for sure. I think it was good. No Gambit-khabab!

But, I like flawed characters. I love seeing characters make mistakes. From a character standpoint, Gambit didn't really come out any different. Did he invite Bell? I dont remember, but if he did, it was to the party, not how Rogue flew a half mile into the air to meet Magneto, it obvious because she knows he wouldn't be welcome. That meeting was in secret, which in my opinion was a mistake and violation of trust. I personally would love to see the opposites meet, but they write Gambit so self-deprecating, I fear it would annoy me.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:08:30 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 06:06:28 PM »

Yeah so why didnt she do that?  Because she wanted Dear Rogue to have a private moment where she confides in her mutant terrorist ex boyfriend in a way she never did when she was banging Mags while Gambit was on the same team.
They met at a moment when she happened to be outside, if she was inside he would have shown up there which would have been more inetersting give his status quo , i dont think she was sneaking around , and she was going to tell Remy but he asked her to hold off, they had literally gotten rid of the last guests and it wasnt something she would bring up in front of people, its not going to have a good reaction, if anything Magneto appearance seems forced

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »

I think just a talk about her powers. Nothing more.

Hey now, what if the reason for powers wigging out is because she's pregnant? She's not, and I dont want it, way too soon to deal with that drama, and I dont think people get pregnant that fast to begin with. They've been married, what 48hrs, maybe 3 days?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
They met at a moment when she happened to be outside, if she was inside he would have shown up there which would have been more inetersting give his status quo , i dont think she was sneaking around , and she was going to tell Remy but he asked her to hold off, they had literally gotten rid of the last guests and it wasnt something she would bring up in front of people, its not going to have a good reaction, if anything Magneto appearance seems forced

I actually think that would have made for a more interesting scene instead of the CW "everyone give us room" kind of thing we got instead. It's the X-Men, give me the drama!

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »

yeah... I'm not defending the actions of a fictional character? I'm talking about the quality of the writing. I think it was a good read. Hell, no I wouldn't be ok with my wife doing something behind my back just as much as wouldn't be with me doing the same. You took this somewhere I wasn't going, or care to go. I was comparing her motivations, something I can relate to, I wasn't justifying her actions. If Gambit finds outs, I think he has every right to be pissed. You don't hide things from your spouse. But if he doesnt share his conversation with Rogue, same thing. Might want to go argue the virtues of Ann Marie with those nuts on CBR LOL, I'm not going to do that ;) . You seem bent on disliking it. That's cool. I liked this issue better than the last one for sure. I think it was good. No Gambit-khabab!

But, I like flawed characters. I love seeing characters make mistakes. From a character standpoint, Gambit didn't really come out any different. Did he invite Bell? I dont remember, but if he did, it was to the party, not how Rogue flew a half mile into the air to meet Magneto, it obvious because she knows he wouldn't be welcome. That meeting was in secret, which in my opinion was a mistake and violation of trust. I personally would love to see the opposites meet, but they write Gambit so self-deprecating, I fear it would annoy me.

Gambit didnt invite Bella, she showed up unannounced so not the same thing at all.

11 issues in and Gambit still carrying all the baggage.  Rogue has done nothing except run away anytime things get tough to the point Gambit felt the need to tell her he wont let her run.

And yet she still betrays him by inviting and then confiding in Mags.  I am not commenting on the quality of writing.  I am saying Rogue is a s***ty wife because she is.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »

Umm she is married.  You dont tell your husband when your murderous ex is on the way.   You tell him and discuss whatever issues he may or may not have with it before extending the invite.

So yes she was sneaking around.  There is no scene in the book where she lets Gambit know befote inviting Mags.  They could have discussed it when they were working on the invites.  Instead she knowingly went behind his back to invite him.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:40:08 PM by remydat »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »

Umm she is married.  You dont tell your husband when your murderous ex is on the way.   You tell him and discuss whatever issues he may or may not have with it before extending the invite.

So yes she was sneaking around.  There is no scene in the book where she lets Gambit know befote inviting Mags.  They could have discussed it when they were working on the invites.  Instead she knowingly went behind his back to invite him.
if Magneto was invited as he stated im sure Gambit was aware of the invitation , your whole basis of her sneaking around is that fact they met outside away from the party and in the comic book world the only reason Rogue met with Magneto outside is because he was on the way to the Party while she happened to be outside, it was not a secrete meeting, she did not sneak off to meet with Magneto, they are out in the open, look at her body language in the panels she is curled up in the fettle position, thats not something you do if your sneaking about.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2018, 06:31:49 PM »
Gambit didnt invite Bella, she showed up unannounced so not the same thing at all.

11 issues in and Gambit still carrying all the baggage.  Rogue has done nothing except run away anytime things get tough to the point Gambit felt the need to tell her he wont let her run.

And yet she still betrays him by inviting and then confiding in Mags.  I am not commenting on the quality of writing.  I am saying Rogue is a s***ty wife because she is.

Seeing as we aren't talking about the same thing, I'm kind of lost on the point of reiterating all this stuff that I know lol. One thing, what "baggage" are you referring to with Gambit?

Personally, I would love if someone would address the last issue of Asmus' run with his brain possibly being rewired. I really can't wait for the Guild arc. A story idea right out of my own head.