Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #6  (Read 16215 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr and Mrs X #6
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 10:11:41 PM »
if Magneto was invited as he stated im sure Gambit was aware of the invitation , your whole basis of her sneaking around is that fact they met outside away from the party and in the comic book world the only reason Rogue met with Magneto outside is because he was on the way to the Party while she happened to be outside, it was not a secrete meeting, she did not sneak off to meet with Magneto, they are out in the open, look at her body language in the panels she is curled up in the fettle position, thats not something you do if your sneaking about.

Nothing in the book says Gambit was aware of the invitation.  That is an assumption being made by you to justify your narrative.  All that is in the comics is the fact it is clear Bella was not invited and Magneto was.  If the writer wanted us to believe Gambit agreed to Mags getting an invite then it would have been simple for it to be said.  It was not.

If we are going to just blindly speculate then it is just as likely that Magneto waited for her to be alone before he approached her.  That is no less speculation than you claiming Gambit knew about the invite.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2018, 10:17:22 PM »

Seeing as we aren't talking about the same thing, I'm kind of lost on the point of reiterating all this stuff that I know lol. One thing, what "baggage" are you referring to with Gambit?

Personally, I would love if someone would address the last issue of Asmus' run with his brain possibly being rewired. I really can't wait for the Guild arc. A story idea right out of my own head.

The baggage comment was about the fact Rogue does nothing to support this relationship.  This entire relationship is currently based on Gambit wanting to be with Rogue no matter what and Rogue wanting to be with Gambit only when it is easy.  She has done nothing to reassure Gambit about anything.  It is always him having to reassure her.  It is always about what Gambit can do to keep Rogue from bailing.  Never what Rogue can do to support Gambit.

The other annoying thing about this is that the mini was based around Rogue's feelings already. I thought the whole point about the mini was for Rogue to get over her baggage but here we are again with it being all about Rogue. KT went so far as to f*** with Rogue's powers just so we can get Rogue whining about them again. I honestly don't know how everyone is not already tired of the same Rogue story repackaged. Her character has become redundant caught in this perpetual cycle of never being sure about who she wants to be with and/or her powers.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:38:12 PM by remydat »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2018, 06:42:53 AM »
Nothing in the book says Gambit was aware of the invitation.  That is an assumption being made by you to justify your narrative.  All that is in the comics is the fact it is clear Bella was not invited and Magneto was.  If the writer wanted us to believe Gambit agreed to Mags getting an invite then it would have been simple for it to be said.  It was not.

If we are going to just blindly speculate then it is just as likely that Magneto waited for her to be alone before he approached her.  That is no less speculation than you claiming Gambit knew about the invite.
Well going but that logic of yours, Nothing in the book says that he wasn't aware either, s*** happens off panel, when the x-men arrived did we assume that they were not invited or asked to come because there was no mention of their own invitation, no, because we as readers we know the invites were made off panel, Magneto says he was asked there by Rogue . Just because it was not stated on panel doesn't mean that Remy didn't know or he may not of known but it would have been all kinds of awkward if Mags had shown up without Remy knowing.

There is no speculation about the pairs meeting, its fact of how it happened in the book, she was down and spent after the fight, look at how she is drawn in that scene, that is not the depiction of someone sneaking around, hell all Gambit or any of the X-Men would have to to is look up and they would have seen them, its not the actions of two people sneaking around. Also Magneto wonders if she lured him there as in to fight/trap him for being on the dark side again, again not the actions of two people sneaking around,
if your sneaking around with an ex you dont do it out in the open and you dont invite him to your new home where your husband and you are throwing a party , you dont invite them anywhere near that.As i keep saying im not a fan of Rogue, Romy or the marriage i want him far away from her and it would suit my narrative if she was sneaking around id be on your bandwagon, id want the marriage over (kinda already do) , we are not the only fans invested in this and there are Rogue and Magneto fans or just Rogue fans who wanted that meeting to happen, the conversation was total BS, like Magneto the dude who put Gambit on trial is suddenly all knowing when it comes to his feelings, that's worth getting annoyed over, there is plenty wrong with this book, and plenty of evidence that this marriage is doomed, but Rogue did not sneak around

Online anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »
On a funnier topic...

Hey now, what if the reason for powers wigging out is because she's pregnant? She's not, and I dont want it, way too soon to deal with that drama, and I dont think people get pregnant that fast to begin with. They've been married, what 48hrs, maybe 3 days?
I think it’s probably been about a couple weeks. Depends on how long they were in space before kitty called , if they stayed in space a little while longer after the mission, to try and salvage some of their vacation, lol) and how long it was before the party. But that would still be long enough, technically, ‘48 hours’  would be long enough, lol. But probably not, I do agree with that, it would be too soon, story wise.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »
Well going but that logic of yours, Nothing in the book says that he wasn't aware either, s*** happens off panel, when the x-men arrived did we assume that they were not invited or asked to come because there was no mention of their own invitation, no, because we as readers we know the invites were made off panel, Magneto says he was asked there by Rogue . Just because it was not stated on panel doesn't mean that Remy didn't know or he may not of known but it would have been all kinds of awkward if Mags had shown up without Remy knowing.

There is no speculation about the pairs meeting, its fact of how it happened in the book, she was down and spent after the fight, look at how she is drawn in that scene, that is not the depiction of someone sneaking around, hell all Gambit or any of the X-Men would have to to is look up and they would have seen them, its not the actions of two people sneaking around. Also Magneto wonders if she lured him there as in to fight/trap him for being on the dark side again, again not the actions of two people sneaking around,
if your sneaking around with an ex you dont do it out in the open and you dont invite him to your new home where your husband and you are throwing a party , you dont invite them anywhere near that.As i keep saying im not a fan of Rogue, Romy or the marriage i want him far away from her and it would suit my narrative if she was sneaking around id be on your bandwagon, id want the marriage over (kinda already do) , we are not the only fans invested in this and there are Rogue and Magneto fans or just Rogue fans who wanted that meeting to happen, the conversation was total BS, like Magneto the dude who put Gambit on trial is suddenly all knowing when it comes to his feelings, that's worth getting annoyed over, there is plenty wrong with this book, and plenty of evidence that this marriage is doomed, but Rogue did not sneak around

Sure there is nothing that says he wasn't aware but given the history between the characters, I think if the intent was for us to believe Gambit was aware then that should be stated on panel. If I go to a coffee shop with my ex and don't tell my wife then I am sneaking around even though I met her out in the open for everyone at the coffee shop to see because the sneaking around comes from neglecting to inform my wife not from the time and place I chose to meet them.  Further, who allows their wife to meet their murderous ex but then doesn't ask about it?

Now maybe KT will address this in later issues where it is revealed Gambit knew or Gambit asks her how it went but until then, I am left to conclude that Gambit did not know and Mags simply waited until Rogue was alone to approach her.  I suppose the other alternative is that KT is so focused on Rogue that she doesn't give a s*** about writing Gambit's reaction to Rogue wanting to invite Mags or his asking her how it went but if that is the case then not sure as a Gambit fan why I should accept that.  Am I not suppose to want to know how Gambit feels about Rogue and Mags rendezvous particularly since she chose to invite him to apologize while never showing such concern for Gambit all while she was screwing Mags?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:53:20 AM by remydat »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »

Sure there is nothing that says he wasn't aware but given the history between the characters, I think if the intent was for us to believe Gambit was aware then that should be stated on panel. If I go to a coffee shop with my ex and don't tell my wife then I am sneaking around even though I met her out in the open for everyone at the coffee shop to see because the sneaking around comes from neglecting to inform my wife not from the time and place I chose to meet them.  Further, who allows their wife to meet their murderous ex but then doesn't ask about it?

Now maybe KT will address this in later issues where it is revealed Gambit knew or Gambit asks her how it went but until then, I am left to conclude that Gambit did not know and Mags simply waited until Rogue was alone to approach her.  I suppose the other alternative is that KT is so focused on Rogue that she doesn't give a s*** about writing Gambit's reaction to Rogue wanting to invite Mags or his asking her how it went but if that is the case then not sure as a Gambit fan why I should accept that.  Am I not suppose to want to know how Gambit feels about Rogue and Mags rendezvous particularly since she chose to invite him to apologize while never showing such concern for Gambit all while she was screwing Mags?
and you accused me of making an assumption to justify my narrative, you are coming to a conclusion based on your biased opinion, i on the other hand am simply going by the evidence in front of me on panel, i am not saying Gambit 100% knows, he might do, i assume he would if Mags was invited to the party, im willing to admit i could be wrong and Remy doesn't know. We wont know his response either because when Rogue told him they need to talk he wanted to table the conversation. Gambit knowing or not doesn't make the encounter a sneaky one, going by the art work and the location of Mags and Rogue's meeting being out in the open where anyone could see them, i dont think they were sneaking around like you make out, meeting an ex in a coffee shop where a bunch of strangers can see you is probably a bit sneaky, meeting an ex while curled in the fetal position hovering above you apartment in the sky for all your friends and husband too see is not sneaking around, who are they hiding from?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
But that's the thing isnt? You and I would care, but would Gambit? He's never shown animosity  towards Magneto except that wonderful page where Gambit got momentarily inverted and went off on his rant while fighting Polaris. He did seem to have an issue with Joseph BEFORE the trial. Man, I'd love to see Gambit drop the self loathing thing be real, even it's just for a moment. At the same time, I don't think Magneto has much issue with him either. It's not like they ever openly competed for her.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »
and you accused me of making an assumption to justify my narrative, you are coming to a conclusion based on your biased opinion, i on the other hand am simply going by the evidence in front of me on panel, i am not saying Gambit 100% knows, he might do, i assume he would if Mags was invited to the party, im willing to admit i could be wrong and Remy doesn't know. We wont know his response either because when Rogue told him they need to talk he wanted to table the conversation. Gambit knowing or not doesn't make the encounter a sneaky one, going by the art work and the location of Mags and Rogue's meeting being out in the open where anyone could see them, i dont think they were sneaking around like you make out, meeting an ex in a coffee shop where a bunch of strangers can see you is probably a bit sneaky, meeting an ex while curled in the fetal position hovering above you apartment in the sky for all your friends and husband too see is not sneaking around, who are they hiding from?

From what I can tell from the exchange and where they ultimately met, I don't think this was done above board. I don't think she told him to come to party, just come. And they were pretty high. Probably high enough for anyone without super vision wouldn't be able to see them by accident. I don't think whether or not it was a secret or not is in question (think it was), I think it's the implications and ramifications of it that should be focused on. Just my opinion.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Can't we all just get along!?
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2018, 12:32:49 PM »

From what I can tell from the exchange and where they ultimately met, I don't think this was done above board. I don't think she told him to come to party, just come. And they were pretty high. Probably high enough for anyone without super vision wouldn't be able to see them by accident. I don't think whether or not it was a secret or not is in question (think it was), I think it's the implications and ramifications of it that should be focused on. Just my opinion.
its not the right or wrong or the implications or ramifications, its weather she was  sneaking around with Magneto, they weren't that high up from the roof tops look at the background, anyone could see them if they wanted , again i stated the whole thing is BS but imo she wasnt sneaking around, when she tells Gambit it will be interesting to see his reaction and it will reveal weather he knew of the invite or not but i still don't see it as sneaking around when you could be caught so easily 

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

The onus is on you prove a positive ie that he knew rather than me prove a negative ie that he doesnt know.  Or do you expect me to also prove that Prof X doesnt know as it is not stated in the comic he doesn't know?

Everything in the comic is set up for Rogue and Mags to be having a private convo.  The skylight doesnt cover the whole roof so they are not there for all to see.  No one goes on a roof and walks all over the skylight and Gambit was running on concrete when he jumped off roof so obvious skylight is only over a part of roof.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:52:46 PM by remydat »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2018, 02:45:25 PM »
But that's the thing isnt? You and I would care, but would Gambit? He's never shown animosity  towards Magneto except that wonderful page where Gambit got momentarily inverted and went off on his rant while fighting Polaris. He did seem to have an issue with Joseph BEFORE the trial. Man, I'd love to see Gambit drop the self loathing thing be real, even it's just for a moment. At the same time, I don't think Magneto has much issue with him either. It's not like they ever openly competed for her.

Just because writers write him as having no self respect and dignity when it comes to Rogue and her having a different set of rules for her beloved Mags doesnt mean I have to accept it.

Again she spent years not giving a s*** about Gambit's reaction to Rogneto but goes out of her way to tell Mags about Gambit?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:54:56 PM by remydat »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

The onus is on you prove a positive ie that he knew rather than me prove a negative ie that he doesnt know.  Or do you expect me to also prove that Prof X doesnt know as it is not stated in the comic he doesn't know?

Everything in the comic is set up for Rogue and Mags to be having a private convo.  The skylight doesnt cover the whole roof so they are not there for all to see.  No one goes on a roof and walks all over the skylight and Gambit was running on concrete when he jumped off roof so obvious skylight is only over a part of roof.
i get the onus thing, so what if it is revealed in the comic that Gambit is aware of the invite, did i just make a lucky guess?

there is a door to the roof from Remys apartment, so he has access to the roof at all times , he also told someone that Rogue went out for air, so she either went to the roof or street, anyone else in the party looking to get air could either go to the roof or street , given its just a few steps i think they would use the roof, more importantly Gambit knows Rogue has gone for air, Rogue doesn't know if or when he is going to go out to her , he could pop up at any point,

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
i get the onus thing, so what if it is revealed in the comic that Gambit is aware of the invite, did i just make a lucky guess?

there is a door to the roof from Remys apartment, so he has access to the roof at all times , he also told someone that Rogue went out for air, so she either went to the roof or street, anyone else in the party looking to get air could either go to the roof or street , given its just a few steps i think they would use the roof, more importantly Gambit knows Rogue has gone for air, Rogue doesn't know if or when he is going to go out to her , he could pop up at any point,

Depends.  Mayne you did or maybe KT writes it in after the fact ala Carey to take some heat off Rogue.

None of which changes the fact they end up alone so not sure your point.  Rogue's entire premise for wanting to talk to Mags is stupid so if we accept she has already one stupid thing here then not sure why I can't accept she wrote another stupid thing.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »

Depends.  Mayne you did or maybe KT writes it in after the fact ala Carey to take some heat off Rogue.

None of which changes the fact they end up alone so not sure your point.  Rogue's entire premise for wanting to talk to Mags is stupid so if we accept she has already one stupid thing here then not sure why I can't accept she wrote another stupid thing.
My only point in it all is that she wasn't sneaking around with Mags, Oh the entire premise is stupid i agree and the conversation is total bs Rogue apologizing to Mags is ludicrous and Mags acting like he knows how Remy feels is stupid, the book has its flaws dude im not blind to them but i like her Gambit so far and i am so happy she hasn't given him the focus she did Rogue, that's terrible character work , and her dialog is so forced where as remys is more natural/believable