Author Topic: Mr and Mrs X #7 Thread  (Read 20253 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Mr and Mrs X #7 Thread
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:14:37 AM »
From Mr. and Mrs. X #7

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Mr and Mrs X #7 Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
I thought it be best to put this thread where it should be. Thanks andresa for the images.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 07:51:25 PM »
Ok, thanks, Neko. I never know when I should open a new thread.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
You are good. Its a good thing for an upcoming issue. Thank You.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
Fun previews. Oscar can draw a great black costume.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »
Issue 7 I suppose.
Always wanted to see Gambit using charged knout to make explosions.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
The whip action is pretty cool.  Of course, as he is beating up no names again, I can only imagine someone of note will come and kick his ass again.  Spiral maybe!  I kid of course.  I am hopeful they will give him a win against someone of importance this time.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »
Good eyes, I couldn't tell if that was a whip.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 01:29:12 PM »
I guess a whip would be fairly interesting. The end snap of a charged whip should be enough to level a small building, or cut a tree in half! I dig... But it could also be a rope, so...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 03:31:34 PM »
Wasn't a whip, just the aftermath of standard explosion.  This was a decent issue I guess. Not a huge fan of Mojo and looks like more Rogue development is coming so nothing here that really excites me as a Gambit fan. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »
Sad it wasn't a knout(

I hope Gambit will fight Spiral or Longshot next issue. Fingers crossed for both, of course.

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Step 1: Start an arc with all the right cues, some witty banter and back and forth.
Step 2: Toss in a fight scene with either a ton of goons or a B lister at best.
Step 3: Dangle a little bit of angst.
Step 4: Marginalize Gambit somehow.
Step 5: ????
Step 6: Let Rogue pull out the win at the end of the arc while Gambit sits back and claps politely.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I'm really trying to like this guys, I really am. I appreciate the call-backs and the wittiness from time to time, but after each arc is basically becoming the same thing with different dressing, I'm just getting exhausted. There are little gimmicks here and there to keep Gambit fans interested, but it's beginning to feel like that's all they are.

Spiral made a reference to how Rogue's vitals look different than what they remembered... wellllllll according to the last issue of Asmus' run, Gambit's should too.

So Magneto last issue, Longshot next issue...

Does Gambit have any old flames other than Belladonna that can show up?

It's kinda sad that I already started off with low expectations for this series, but I still held out hope that the arcs would be balanced in some way. I've gone from being excited to get the emails about the issues to now feeling ambivalent and wondering what I'll get this time, especially after this latest ending.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
Lol, someone paying attention to Gambit continuity from Asmus?  Please!  Continuity only matters when it is pushes Rogue's narrative.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 07:55:31 AM »
I'll be picking up the book today. I'll be able to chime in then. Looking forward to it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:13 PM »

I liked the issue. It was mad fun. The Moonlighting reference was great. I'm old enough to remember when it was on the air and in syndication. I used that comparison for what the book could have been like even before the debut. I'm surprised that KTs Mojo was as good as it was. I will say that the issue was wordy, but that's typical of her style from what I can tell.

I'm not sure what the problem is with KT using Rogue's powers as a subplot is. She didn't rebreak the character. Why not play with it? As for Longshot, why not? I've always wanted him and Gambit to interact more. Maybe a one-shot of them out on the town all Wedding Crashers. Mind you, before Gambit got married. I don't get the comparison to Magneto. She and Longshot were never a thing. She had a crush on him. Gambit's kissed half the female X-Men cast, I mean what do you want?

Outside of strange nit picks, the book was good. Enjoyed it a lot.