Author Topic: MMX 8  (Read 19238 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: MMX 8
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »
I loved it! My favorite issue so far.
Good: Gambit was smart and great in fight with Longshot. Really cool moment for him.

Gambit and Rogue banter are fun as always.

Huge thanks to KT for using "Bang you dead!" and that charged cards felt dangerous.

Glad that Gambit is important in this arc too. Gambit and Rogue were chosen because Spiral needed Gambit`s thieving skills. I really liked it.

Excited to see Gambit in real mojoworld. I think he must kidnap someone who is important for Mojo. Like his unknown child or girlfriend. I think it will be something that he wouldn`t like to do.

Bad or weird: We have 5 R&G issues, wedding in Gold 30 and 8 MMX issues. Rogue didn`t tell even once simple phrase "I love you". Gambit did it already a few times and told again in MMX 8 that he loves her.
Their relationship feels to much one sided. It may be ok before marriage but now it is not ok. Their couple is not healthy. Maybe Remy noticed that and that is why he was drinking in bar.

Terrible speculation:
"They find each other, they fall in love... and then she murders him". I afraid because Guilds hates Rogue as his wife they will betray Remy at the end of #12 and kill him. So he will do a right thing and show that he was good and loyal but will die from a betrayal the way Jon Snow died. After that Rogue will tell that she loves him.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:58:54 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »
Probably the best issue of the series so far and Gambit has his moments. As a Gambit fan this narrative is just really boring. Rogue with power issues. Gambit fully devoted. Rogue being wishy washy about it. Rogue being the girl everyone wants (this is now 3 of her ex's or crushes in this series). This story has been told 100 times already. KT tells it well but I am just left not really caring about any of this.It would really be nice to read a Romy story where both of them are actually emotionally invested in Romy instead of this constant theme of Gambit having to chase Rogue while fending off other challengers. Might as well have Human Torch and Sentry show up in the next arc. Or s***, is Joseph still alive?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:23:38 PM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »
I loved it! My favorite issue so far.
Good: Gambit was smart and great in fight with Longshot. Really cool moment for him.

Gambit and Rogue banter are fun as always.

Huge thanks to KT for using "Bang you dead!" and that charged cards felt dangerous.

Glad that Gambit is important in this arc too. Gambit and Rogue were chosen because Spiral needed Gambit`s thieving skills. I really liked it.

Excited to see Gambit in real mojoworld. I think he must kidnap someone who is important for Mojo. Like his unknown child or girlfriend. I think it will be something that he wouldn`t like to do.

Bad or weird: We have 5 R&G issues, wedding in Gold 30 and 8 MMX issues. Rogue didn`t tell even once simple phrase "I love you". Gambit did it already a few times and told again in MMX 8 that he loves her.
Their relationship feels to much one sided. It may be ok before marriage but now it is not ok. Their couple is not healthy. Maybe Remy noticed that and that is why he was drinking in bar.

Terrible speculation:
"They find each other, they fall in love... and then she murders him". I afraid because Guilds hates Rogue as his wife they will betray Remy at the end of #12 and kill him. So he will do a right thing and show that he was good and loyal but will die from a betrayal the way Jon Snow died. After that Rogue will tell that she loves him.

Yup although im hoping it ends with them getting a divorce and not Remy dead, also anyone else think alot of the dialog between Mojo ,Spiral and the other dude seemed very meta as in its KT talking to the fans directly

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Yup although im hoping it ends with them getting a divorce and not Remy dead, also anyone else think alot of the dialog between Mojo ,Spiral and the other dude seemed very meta as in its KT talking to the fans directly

Noticed meta dialogues too. It started with Bella`s monologue in issue 6.

I hope Remy won`t die too of course. I don`t know. Maybe Guilds will steal his soul or brainwash him back to 90`s persona. I don`t know but I am sure that something will happen to him so he will get changed fast and cardinally. Maybe even become a villain.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 04:15:35 PM »

Noticed meta dialogues too. It started with Bella`s monologue in issue 6.

I hope Remy won`t die too of course. I don`t know. Maybe Guilds will steal his soul or brainwash him back to 90`s persona. I don`t know but I am sure that something will happen to him so he will get changed fast and cardinally. Maybe even become a villain.
it'd be cool if he reverted to the way he was in Hellbound that dude was badass, i think the guilds will end with Remy choosing Rogue and losing his title as King/leader which will suck

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »
it'd be cool if he reverted to the way he was in Hellbound that dude was badass, i think the guilds will end with Remy choosing Rogue and losing his title as King/leader which will suck

His thoughts about love in MMX 8 reminded me his thoughts about Death persona and love in Liu`s AXM. That he remembered people that he loved and it mattered more. The way he kinda defeated death persona.

It would be interesting if his love feelings got hurt or shaken and Death found a way back through it. Like through a scratch in wall. But it will never happen.

I will be mad if he will choose Rogue and will leave Guilds. It seems that in Guilds arc Rogue should show her support and love for Remy. Not one more time Gambit should make a sacrifice to keep Romy.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »

His thoughts about love in MMX 8 reminded me his thoughts about Death persona and love in Liu`s AXM. That he remembered people that he loved and it mattered more. The way he kinda defeated death persona.

It would be interesting if his love feelings got hurt or shaken and Death found a way back through it. Like through a scratch in wall. But it will never happen.

I will be mad if he will choose Rogue and will leave Guilds. It seems that in Guilds arc Rogue should show her support and love for Remy. Not one more time Gambit should make a sacrifice to keep Romy.
shhhhhhhhhh KT might steal that death persona idea , which in the right hands could be done well, i just get the vibe from the series so far that Rogue really hasnt though her decision to marry Remy through. As badly handled as it was with Carey he still had gambit knowing that Rogue was his end point that they would end up together that's why when he proposed its was'nt that out there, whereas rogue has always choosen anyone but Remy when given the choice. mags seems to be her one true love, this book will end with a split and remy off in limbo or worse dead because marvel hates divorce

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 05:32:24 PM »
I doubt a divorce between Gambit and Rogue would be on the same scale as "One More Day" with Spider-Man and Mary Jane. That said, I'd take divorce over death. It took a long time for Jean fans to get  her adult version back. And Gambit doesn't have a "white room" to retreat too if he's killed. Fabian made sure that most of the other AU's Gambit died.

Going back to my statement a few pages ago, either here or somewhere in regards to MMX.
Based on what folks are saying:

The hard core romy group doesn't even have any complaints - "its a great issue, can't wait for more". Yet, those that do romy here are seeing issues or have concerns. There are some fans that don't care about the concerns brought up because they don't see it - all that matters is togetherness, no matter how one sided. That is what I'm pointing out and badly as usual.

Rogue has not told Gambit she loves him? It's all from Rogue's point of view. We're on the exes tour with Rogue and Gambit has to prove himself again and again.

How is that not bothersome?
It's a one sided relationship.
No offense to any.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:19:45 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »
Gambit loves Rogue.  Rogue loves the idea of Gambit lovng her.

That is the status of the relationship.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 05:41:34 PM »
And that is nothing new in how many years, I'm not counting. Tell you what ... how about it gets switched up and Rogue actually chase Gambit and try to prove to him she cares. We can't have that!  :crazy2:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Overall it was a very cool issue with badass 1vs 1  moments for Gambit that he needed for a long time.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 06:39:50 PM »
And that is nothing new in how many years, I'm not counting. Tell you what ... how about it gets switched up and Rogue actually chase Gambit and try to prove to him she cares. We can't have that!  :crazy2:

Sure we can have that.  When do you think hell will freeze over?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 06:47:51 PM »

Sure we can have that.  When do you think hell will freeze over?
I guess not soon enough. LOL

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:56 PM »
Haven't posted here in ages (mostly because I was too lazy to log in). Anyways X-treme X-Men. That was the last time Rogue did the chasing and it was pretty selfish of her. ;D

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »

X-Treme was probably the last time she actually told Gambit she loved him too. Unless someone knows of a more recent moment, that's pretty sad.

Anyway, another former crush/flame for Rogue, check. How many are left now? I thought I read somewhere that the Sentry thing was explained away, so that just leaves the flame brain, right?

Yawn.

Okay, so I probably would be more... invested... in MMX if they had started it with Thieves Guild issues instead of the way it's gone. First couple of issues I was carefully examining the panels and text for all the details, but in the last couple I've just found myself sort of speed reading through, nearly skimming. I see a Gambit panel and I slow down for a bit, then speed up again as soon as I see Rogue.

So on the plus side, we get to see Gambit unequivocally state that he is the best thief, ever. On the negative side, that's just a tie-in for the next comic. At the end, why is he being chased already? I hope there is an explanation because for the 'best thief ever' to be getting chased before he's even really started... yeah.

Then we get Rogue, with power control attempt number blahblahblah. Maybe this one will stick for more than a year, assuming it succeeds. Trying not to be cynical is really hard.

As for the not-so-subtle 4th wall comments about love triangles and controversy and people liking them... well, I'm definitely not in that camp of liking them, so if it was supposed to be sarcastic then it was spot on. The irony is that most of the time they are only referred to as a 'triangle' because of the 3 people. If it was a true triangle there would be a 'love' connection with all three equally, but generally there is at best ambivalence between two of the people, and hatred at worst. Just one of those things that grinds my gears.

I guess calling it a 'love upside-down v' is too much of a mouthful.