Author Topic: MMX 10  (Read 7901 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: MMX 10
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 05:08:48 AM »

This is from the guild arc issue 11 not 10.

Oh, thanks! Didn`t know that. Super excited for Guild arc and hoping for best.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
Admittedly I've not been reading this book so I'm ill-placed to complain. But that does look a lot like Rogue is getting set up to defeat the big bag all by herself and save the day.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Admittedly I've not been reading this book so I'm ill-placed to complain. But that does look a lot like Rogue is getting set up to defeat the big bag all by herself and save the day.
Maybe, Maybe not, read it to find out or wait for spoilers, Rogue has done nothing by herself apart from defeating jobbers

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 04:43:51 PM »
Not to stir the pot, but you aren't the only one not reading this book. While I have no idea whats going on with it at this point. Until the Guilds show up, I can't really care all that much. Of course, that will be the last two issues.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 05:46:24 PM »
ive struck with it, Gambit comes of really well in it action wise imo, but KT really doesn't have a handle on his voice, the comic is bland at best i know alot here hate the focus thats been put on Rogue and ive said numerous times im glad the focus has been on Rogue because its so badly written, it's Carey level, i dont know how these writers can call themselves fans and then crap all over the character. the more of KT's work i read the more i dislike it she is repetitive and her comedy beats and dialog is so painfully forced, she is not a good writer at all, i will defend the book and debate about certain comments pertaing to points in the book , Gambit doesnt come off bad at all, not as much focus as Rogue no development but also (so far) no damage to the character as for Rogue ,she really has gotten the raw end of the deal (seriously not a Rogue fan but i feel bad for her fans) i always knew it would not last due to the writing, 2/3 books now and they wont cancle Captain Marvel ever itll just get a reboot with a new writer, i couldnt even find it on last months comic sales list but i reckon it was low

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 12:09:48 PM »
Your view helps the part of my soul that is attached to Gambit. LOL Gambit isn't being hurt but he's treated as a nobody. That is hard to take for me sometimes. I do agree, he isn't being harmed in characterization because he gets none. Using his powers isn't enough to sustain the Gambit only fan.

My salty attitude rolling in. You've been warned. Ignore it if it bothers you, don't let it trigger you and keep in mind, its just one opinion, though I know I am not alone in such opinion. I'm just more blunt about it than others. I don't have Remydat's finesse. Not directed at anyone either, just a pov.

It is KT's fault and too much focus on Rogue that is the demise of the book. Nobody wants to read that much 'nowhere' characterization on any character. What I mean by nowhere ... the power issue has been an issue for the character for 38 years (as of 2019), when is it over, and how is it not old by now. IMO.

KT is a typical hard core romy stan (fan but if your are more intense about it, its stan - young people and their whatevers). Just like those hardcore romys, they don't care about Gambit. As long as he is with Rogue, thats it. She proves it with her writing. Action sequences and propping Rogue up is all that is needed because "he wuvs her soooo much".  I've read better romance novels than this stuff. 

I've never disliked a relationship more than this one and the stans don't make it easy when they don't or won't defend Gambit. Or recognize that Rogue has faults too. It's one-sided in all areas. Yes, there are exceptions and we know who they are or recognize them when they post, wished there were more of them.

Gambit may be going into limbo but the character that should be in limbo and stay for a few years is Rogue.

Re: Captain Marvel, in Feb 2019 11k. She doesn't sell well, and has never done well for the most part, but gets a reboot all the time. And is getting another one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 12:17:50 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 07:56:04 PM »
Captain Marvel #2 sold 37k in Feb.
11k were the #1 reprints I think.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »
Captain Marvel #2 sold 37k in Feb.
11k were the #1 reprints I think.
I didn't do all the research. Thanks!  :)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 12:50:43 AM »
No problem! It's actually quite tricky to judge the sales because there were a heap of Captain Marvel books released that month. The first issue debuted at over 110k. 11k were the reprints.

As for MMX's sales, Rogue-focus or Gambit-focus probably wouldn't have made much of a difference. Any X-Men solo book that's not Wolverine, simply won't last long enough. Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey who are the next most prominent X-Men (after Wolverine) can't hold a title either. If Gambit were to get another shot at a solo (and I'm sure he will one day), you'd have to expect a 12-issue series these days.

Anyway JDW said something about Gambit (and Rogue) being in a completely new team. So maybe limbo for Gambit, but not for too long it seems.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:28:22 AM by Sparta »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
Agreed with everything Sparta. I think at this point, the word "ongoing" should be used for the main titles, if at all.
They keep rebooting, they keep changing, they have no clear linear process for stories or longevity for books.

Make them all mini's - be that 4-6 or 12 and then just launch a different book or version. They'll make a killing for the #1's, people will complain but the comic book buyer who doesn't participate in social media won't be the ones to say anything. They'll buy that issue and a few others before dropping.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 11:04:55 AM »

Really good issue. Best end of arc by KT so far. Finally ending felt like ending of DUO book!

Bummer that it wasn`t a real Longshot. It makes issue 8 not so cool.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 02:19:48 AM »
I wasn't surprised that wasn't the real Longshot, but from Deadpool, to mag, now Longshot, it was another useless cameo that did nothing for the story, he wasn't needed in the first place (like the other two) but his fight with Gambit no longer counts. I did like Spiral because unlike the other guest appearances, she actually did something in the storyline, her part actually played a role in helping Gambit and Rogue. I like that Gambit made sure that before anything else happens to interrupt them, they get some much needed sex/lovemaking time, a few hours of it according to Gambit. Rogue is back in her ugly puke green outfit and after 16 years (I think it's been that long), Rogue finally said "Love you", hopefully Gambit won't have to wait that long for her to say that again, but this was a pretty good issue.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:10 AM »
Best issue of the series for sure. The outcome of this arc finally felt like a duo book. I would've enjoyed this series a lot more if it had been like this from the get-go. Although the next two issues are barely an arc, I'm curious to see how Gambit being the king situation will be handled.