Author Topic: MMX 9  (Read 9106 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: MMX 9
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »
KT ignored all questions about ending. I am sure #12 is last issue.

But of course it may be relaunched later.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
It hasn't been canceled yet, it may keep going

It's technically not cancelled yet. But there's no hints of a 13th issue and JDW said that both characters will join a team they've never been involved with before. While MMX's sales are declining, I also think that a "Honeymoon" concept (with action of course) probably doesn't have the "narrative legs" to go beyond 12 issues. If say MMX went on for 30+, it would fatigue. I'm probably at that stage now that i'm ready to see both characters get back into a team book.

That said, it's an enjoyable book for me, and I'm glad to see Gambit in a series with generally positive reviews if you look up comicbookroundup or goodreads etc there's some pretty good results there. I know it's not for everyone here, and I understand that, but I'm glad there are further plans for him and he won't be back in limbo which I was mainly concerned with post-MMX.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »
While I don't have a clue if its cancelled or not. It hasn't been a sales burner for a long time.

Feb 2019 it was at $16k.
https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2019/2019-02.html

Jan 2019 $17k

I don't know if there are no legs as it were but most of the thing is .... Rogue and her powers for 14 issues (including the mini) is too many. Clean it up and move on, imo.

Edit: And if they stay married, at this point, I think I'd like a different take on it then the one we're getting. - that is just me.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:38:36 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 05:17:18 PM »
It has no legs because they never got to the premise of the book.  This was not a couple celebrating their marriage and working through stuff together.  This was the same old tired story about Rogue in which Gambit does nothing to resolve any issues.  In the mini, it was Lavish that helps Rogue and in this it is Magneto earlier and now Spiral that does so.  I have yet to see Gambit have any meaningful role in helping his wife deal with her s***.  He just jumps around while Rogue and others do all the heavy lifting emotionally.

I have no clue what KT thinks a marriage is about but it seems everyone but Gambit can help Rogue which begs the question as to why she married him in the first place.

"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
I don't know either with KT's view. But I will say ... there ARE women writers who can and do write strong characters in a romance that is not one sided. Where both shine in their own way. Men CAN write romance. Trying to be fair for the sexes. LOL

Characters with the history these two have need to be handled in a manner that is respectful to them both.

If TV can do this, shouldn't comic books be able to? Just a thought.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
I agree that it didn’t need more of rogue’s power drama. I’d disagree that gambit has been useless in ‘helping’. He ‘talked her down’ when her powers really went haywire and got spiral’s memory machine therapy’ All magneto said was, talk to your man (he’s the gay friend now, lol) Spiral could be argued , helped the most, but she basically said go through you’re memories and figure out your issues, and hurry, i’m busy right now! So however the memory machine thing worked was the most help.

Although you guys should appreciate that once again, rogue confirmed that most her problems and her problems with gambit were all her fault, lol.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 11:01:33 PM »
It was cool. I liked that Rogue's habit for being afraid was finally addressed out loud. I was hoping KT would have gone deeper into the Genosha incident. It's only ever been hinted and suggested but in today's age of women not able to be victims, wasn't expecting it.

If this book ends on 12 or 13 I'm cool. I'll move on. Not a big deal. Nothing is a big deal. Like this eons more than Red (which I own the whole run of but still don't care enough to finish). I'm looking forward to the next arc, because everyone here should know I love Guild lore. Peace.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 05:02:20 PM »
I agree that it didn’t need more of rogue’s power drama. I’d disagree that gambit has been useless in ‘helping’. He ‘talked her down’ when her powers really went haywire and got spiral’s memory machine therapy’ All magneto said was, talk to your man (he’s the gay friend now, lol) Spiral could be argued , helped the most, but she basically said go through you’re memories and figure out your issues, and hurry, i’m busy right now! So however the memory machine thing worked was the most help.

Although you guys should appreciate that once again, rogue confirmed that most her problems and her problems with gambit were all her fault, lol.

Fine he helped one time mainly because he was there.  Otherwise, Rogue would probably have gone looking for someone else to talk to or confide in.  I would have liked to see more of Gambit actually helping her get to the heart of the issue was my point.  He out of everyone should have been able to help her realize it was her fear driving things.  I mean if it was obvious to us readers, it should be obvious to the dude that has spent the most time with her.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »
I think if its a duo book, and they're married and are going through issues, wouldn't you want your spouse to be the one to help you? I wouldn't go to my neighbor/friends when I have a husband I can count on and have.
Why is there a need for all the guest stars to boost Rogue. Thoughts out loud. Treat as rhetorical if you want.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:39:03 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 08:40:41 PM »
technically Gambits been helping all along, it's how devoted he is to her that made her realize how s*** she is thus sorting her dumbass out, i like the issue but that stupid line Rogue: I'm ready for everything & i want it all.......well no s*** your married what else is there, steller writing with that one and the forced attempt at humor after wards not to mention her poor attempts at Gambits voice, everything else about the issue was good, the action is fun but on second read through thos bits irked me.