Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
The Umbrella Academy
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »
Netflix has a super hero show based on a comic book The Umbrella Academy.
trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DAmWHxeoKw

From the minds of Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy is the story of a super-dysfunctional family of superheroes who have eight days to get it together and save the world.

Anyway, I watched it and it was actually pretty good. Has some goofy things but overall I generally liked it.

Have you seen it? Heard of it? I would recommend it.

Klaus and Diego are my favorites of the series. You'll recognize Vanya ... that actress played Kitty in the Xmen films. :) Number Five is awesome too.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:53:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
Re: The Umbrella Academy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
There are some issues with the tone and pacing but overall it has been a entertaining. Though I haven't read the comics some of the plot twist didn't hit me as it was really predictable like who would be responsible for the apocalypse. Number 5 was the best character for me followed by Diego and Ellen Page. 
I would also like to recommend Doom Patrol as it is a very bold fun and interesting show and Umbrella Academy was inspired from it. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:54:41 PM by belay »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 05:29:55 AM »
really good, a great adaption, some events happen differently to the comic but i think its actually better than the comic, the Doom Patrol pilot was actuallu fun , like with Titans these shows are better than anything the DC movies has churned out

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
I read the changes for the TV show verses the comics but there are some things that don't translate well to the small or big screen. And some things you can't even do on either screen. The issue with Klaus and God for example.

I don't plan to read the comic book but I am looking forward to what I hope will be a season 2 for the show.

I agree the pacing was odd at times.

I also liked Number Five, quite a bit too. His sarcasm was fantastic.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:54:03 PM by Nekobaghira »