Author Topic: MMX 11  (Read 10373 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: MMX 11
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »
I'm going to try to make a concerted effort to stop here more often, new job kicking my butt. The art looks good and I liked that Gambit has been charging more than just his cards lately. He's a great hand to hand fighter and with his powers should be able to be very flexible in its utilization. Charging surfaces between strikes, making small obejects on his opponents go off... Anyone remember what Antonio did Catherine Zeta in the Mask of Zoro?  Slick stuff...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline belay

• Guild Member

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 02:25:21 AM »
Really loved that preview! I hope issue will be good.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
They seem to be taking being wiped pretty well, no?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2019, 01:05:17 PM »
Gambit in a Saints hat. LOL
Wearing contact lenses? Well, I suppose it makes sense but .... he has never done so in the past.

Guess we'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:11:40 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
I liked that he used contact lenses a lot.
He is undercover and it is very logical.

The whole preview and his thoughts are really good.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
Thanks for letting me know with regards to the contacts.The issue for me is I wasn't able to read the preview, that website and my preferred browser are not friends. I had to switch to another browser so I could see the Saint hat, so I zipped through quickly because if my main browser has issues than there are issues with the website in question.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 02:35:41 AM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
Really liked it.

I am happy that one of mine favorite villains are back and fine. Favorite panels were when Rogue came home with thieves on back and scene with Gambit and excessive chains. That was really funny.Sad that we have only 1 issue left. I want more.Probably Bella will help to get them out from this situation. Still hope to see cameos from Tante and Fence in last issue.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:44:03 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
The art is not good. Not good at all. Bland faces, the action sequences aren't bad though.
Yes, I did read this issue.

Nice, that there were notes referencing the Asmus solo and other issues.
It was good seeing my fav villain for Gambit. I always liked the character.

There are things I didn't care for but overall, it wasn't bad.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:31:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »
Still say she cant write Gambit's voice at all, his action is good, i did like Bella, it better be explained how said villain came back from the dead so quick , its very repetitive this series nothing KT has done is original

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2019, 05:34:49 PM »
I am just glad thatCandra is back. Won't really need an explanation.

As for art. I agree that Oscar is not the best but I got used to it. I like his art now.

He is good with action and draw 10 issues almost in a raw.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2019, 06:38:42 PM »
Probably too much to ask for but....
What if Remy on bathroom panel was sewing something under his skin that possibly will help them in issue 12? It would be great. He knew how dangerous his mission were. I remember when Deadpool made something like this in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.They asked a few times if they searched him. It would be a really cool move.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:06:56 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »
Still say she cant write Gambit's voice at all, his action is good, i did like Bella, it better be explained how said villain came back from the dead so quick , its very repetitive this series nothing KT has done is original
That is something I noticed too (Gambit not sounding like Gambit). I'm not a fan of "dem" in dialogue either. And that applies to more than just Gambit.

Was it necessary to include how "invasive" the search should be, I get it, its Gambit but its not a good image for me. I can ignore it though, its just me.

If the writer had not told me that Candra was a younger version due to her "comeback", I couldn't tell from the art.
I also was not fond of the "hero worship" of Rogue. C'mon ...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 08:41:29 PM by Nekobaghira »