Author Topic: Xmen Benched  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Xmen Benched
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:00:13 AM »
The Xmen will be taking a hiatus.
If you were hoping to see Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, or the rest of the X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe any time soon, you're out of luck. Even though the live-action rights for all off mutantkind now reside at The Walt Disney Company and Marvel Studios, studio boss Kevin Feige insists that characters won't be appearing in the shared cinematic universe for "a very long time." Speaking with io9 at a recent Avengers: Endgame press event, the studio exec dashed any hope of the characters appearing any time soon.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/08/when-will-x-men-join-mcu/

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
Re: Xmen Benched
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
AHHHH!

All my hopes of a post-credit X-men reveal in Endgame are dashed. Unless Feige's playing down expectations.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:29:01 AM »
Fox has blown the franchise. A break might be a good thing. I've seen the trailer for Dark Phoenix and it looks like a rehash of an earlier film, just different actors. There is no reason for me to see it in the theater.

Marvel Studios needs to handle their property, they know it best.  Disney has enough property to keep it going without needing to capitalize now on the XMen. Here is where the house of mouse shines, they know what to reboot and when.

Disney is making a killing rebooting their animated stuff into live action. Their focus will be elsewhere for the time being, until they know they can make a killing at the box office.

I think its smart to rest the Xmen. When they reboot, stop with the time period stuff. Put them in the here and now and work with it. IMO
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:31:23 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but I'd rather Marvel takes their time and gives us something great than rush it and give us something half-assed that we're stuck with. In the meantime, I'm just hoping we get some merch, video games, cartoons, etc.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 12:45:44 PM »
While they are making changes or pausing for a bit. They have to be able to make a better Fantastic Four film than the ones we've seen.

All they (Marvel/Disney) need now is get Spider-Man back in their house, so we can stop the endless cycle of origin stories for the character.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »
Spoiler Alert ....................... do not click on the link if you don't want to know about Dark Phoenix. I will tag but you've been warned.

https://www.cbr.com/why-dark-phoenix-trailer-revealed-mystique-death/
And its out there on the web anyway. Careful in your travels.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »
I wouldn't let this bother you. It's going to take time for the public to separate the Fox X-Men from anything Disney will do. And again, short taking a shortcut like saying;

"They were always there in hiding", "they came from another reality" or "we created them when we undid the dusting"

Perhaps this is a good sign that they won't be shoe horned in but instead hinted at and seeded over time. I mean look at Scarlet Witch. That still doesn't make sense...

Personally I think they'll go with something similar to Ultimate X-Men. Something tells me they'll make Wolverine the progenitor of the whole race.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony