Author Topic: Avengers: EndGame  (Read 4599 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Avengers: EndGame
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 10:07:16 AM »
With you on Dark Phoenix. I just don't like the cast, the direction, and the trailer has yet to show me something different. I still think its a rehash of an earlier film. I most likely won't see it in the theater either.
While I'm at it ..... Star Wars ending also was flat.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »
I'm not planning to watch Dark Phoenix either. That story only worked well in 1981. They had their chance with X3 and blew it, and now they have the same writer of X3 directing the film and I don't see any difference except that Jean isn't standing around, but Famke is a better Jean than Sophie Turner. Btw why do Fox have this annoying knack for hiring taller Jean Grey's and short Cyclops'?

I need to catch up with MCU films, I'm really hopeless, I haven't even seen Infinity War. Truth be told, I love comics, but not comic book films.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 03:23:09 AM »
I won't be watching Dark Phoenix either.

For me all comic bok movies are just for for 1 watch.
I loved Infinity War but I am not interested to rewatch it.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 09:27:15 AM »
Most movies are one watch for me too. It’s just a sad state of affairs when I buy avengers tickets two weeks in advance and I don’t even know when the X-men is coming out. Don’t get me wrong, i’m  not sure that Disney will ‘do it right’, but i’m pretty sure that fox is going to make the dark Phoenix story somehow about magneto’s man pain.

Lol I think i’m getting off topic here. So endgame, very good, though bittersweet ending.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
I usually see films twice. I go by myself because the hubby seldom will go on opening weekend. We'll see some films a few weeks later.
Other times, I go with my friend who takes her boys to see films. I tag along. I can gauge how good it was by their reaction.
While I thought A:EG was good in general. There were some things that I didn't care about.

I will say, talking about the movie with my friend and sons was fun. We figured things out together and I enjoy stuff like that.

Unfortunately, I came home with another darn horror story from the theater. And I know my hubby would have been furious. We got there during previews, so I didn't see that there was a birthday party seated behind us (7-8 yr olds by the looks). They talked during the action sequence near the end, it was like they couldn't help themselves. I literally tried shushing them and they were oblivious. Do parents not teach movie etiquette? I wasn't the only one annoyed, my movie companions were annoyed too.

Its okay if we get off topic occasionally, we don't do it all that much. LOL It's all good.

Re: Dark Phoenix
Magneto's man pain - I laugh everytime I read that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:40:06 PM by Nekobaghira »

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »
https://www.cbr.com/infinity-war-endgame-hulk-black-widow-romance-ignored/
I did like the idea of a romance between the Hulk and Black Widow. Too bad, they couldn't or didn't really follow up.