Author Topic: Xmen Relaunch!  (Read 151427 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Xmen Relaunch!
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:50:37 PM »
I haven't read the whole article yet ... the headline is quite impressive.
https://www.newsarama.com/45166-marvel-to-cancel-relaunch-entire-x-men-line.html
Writer Jonathan Hickman, who takes over the X-Men franchise with July's House of X #1 and Powers of X #1, says that the "entire line" of X-Men comic books will be canceled to coincide with the launch of the two biweekly titles.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:53:12 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline red joseph

• Horseman
Re: Xmen Relaunch!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:26:22 PM »
Just skimming through this, it sounds like no Gambit in comics until potentially September.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »
“We needed to sell the idea that this is what we’re going to be doing for the next few years. So if you want to read X-Men books during the run from late-July through September, House of X and Powers of X are the only new X-books available and everything that’s going to follow is based on them,” he continued. “We wanted to be clear to the fans, to the stores, and just as importantly, to the creators who are going to be staffing these books in the future. We wanted the message to be very clear: This is a whole new era for the X-Men. This is what we’re doing now. And so, POX and HOX is how we’re starting. It’s a solid plan, I think.”
This has been needed. Let the history go and create anew ... or so I think.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:47 AM »
We know that Gambit and Rogue will be on team together. And I am almost sure that KT will continue to write them.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 11:06:49 AM »
Relaunch or reboot or whatever is the opportunity to start fresh and pick a new direction and that won't happen if the writer doesn't change, she is already set in her style and views. New would be better. IMO.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:21:57 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »
I think HiX-Men will be great for X-Men but I don't expect anything good for Gambit, really.

He is not even on big teaser with 3 Wolverines. Not even 1 version of him.

We know he will be in a book with Rogue. KT will have some new project.
That is why I am sure that she will continue to write Gambit and Rogue in some new sattelite X book.

I am sure that Gambit and Rogue will be as far from flagship as possible.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 02:43:42 AM »
It seems thta KT is not writing X books after relaunch.

https://community.cbr.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82424&d=1558054807

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 12:58:26 PM »
This is not a bad thing. Whether G and R stayed married, again ... whatever .... what is needed is a different perspective.

Yes, we don't know. She can't say anything and must be vague and all that but for me, someone who has not enjoyed the MMX book. I hold out hope for a different view is all.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:49:59 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 04:55:57 PM »
KELLY THOMPSON@79SemiFinalist·
Apparently this needs FURTHER clarification as I see people screencapping it & using it in arguments. When I say I'm not writing the books - I was referring to HOX & POX. As to everything else I cannot comment either way - those are PR Announcements that Marvel will be handling!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:58:25 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »
Thats too bad. The problem with the book is story telling. And to have the same writer whose views will not have changed handle these characters is not a good idea. And it won't sell any better with the relaunch than its selling now. IMO, of course.

Apologies that this isn't sugary sweet with toppings and things. Or positive up the whazoo. If you enjoy this style, good. Buy more than one copy. :) <<-- not joking on that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:27:15 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 11:12:43 PM »
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/sdcc-2019-beginning-this-october-the-dawn-of-x

So a lot of this stuff looks weird. How do you guys feel about this?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:33:46 PM by Nekobaghira »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 02:38:36 AM »
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/sdcc-2019-beginning-this-october-the-dawn-of-x

So a lot of this stuff looks weird. How do you guys feel about this?

Content. From a Gambit-fan's perspective, I'm pleased that he's part of a big relaunch, I like the Excalibur line-up. With Apocalypse, we'll see how this works, I'm sure there's a logical reason which will be covered in the Hickman minis. I'm also a huge Psylocke (Betsy) fan too, so yes, this is my favourite line-up.

For X-Men in general, what I like most is that the overall concept isn't all doom and gloom or extinction and decimation...there's optimism for mutants! Which is new! I do really like the aesthetics of this new environment and it's got me intrigued. One fault I noticed, with 'X-Men' being a rotating cast, from a marketing point of view, I wouldn't have gone with the Summers family + Wolverine cover. The Summers family can divide fans a little, for some reason, I was put off by seeing Vulcan on the cover, and my initial reaction was that the flagship title is a Summers book. For instance, the cover, should've gone with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean and Beast (and maybe Magneto and Professor X). So a marketing error there IMO. Other than that, I'm cautiously optimistic, I really hope it's great.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:40:07 AM by Sparta »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 04:28:44 AM »
Summers family as flagship is just ugly. Huge slap in face to X-Men fans. X-Force has too big team to be a good book.
Marausers has Kitty as leader lol, and team is not very interesting for me.

Excalibur is the best option for Gambit. Gambit and Rogue are 2 the most popular characters on this team. They must have a good roles.

Offline red joseph

• Horseman
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 09:03:31 AM »
Excalibur is the best option for Gambit. Gambit and Rogue are 2 the most popular characters on this team. They must have a good roles.

I think we all know it often doesn't work out like that. Should be interesting though, see what happens.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 05:21:04 PM »
Unfortunately, yes, that isn’t always what happens...

I’ll give Excalibur a shot, it could interesting. Apocalypse is pretty WTF though. Supposed the ‘Summer’s family’ book is a rotating cast, so it’s not a set team of the summer’s family (but they just happened to be on the cover...*roll eyes*)