Author Topic: Xmen Relaunch!  (Read 151430 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Xmen Relaunch!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »
Excalibur:
Writer Tini Howard and artist Marcus To join forces to shape a new day!Mutantkind has always been special…as has their relationship with the world—or WORLDS—around them. Can the new Captain Britain forge a new way through the chaos with her companions Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor…and Apocalypse!?
I don't know anything about the creative team but ... I guess we'll see.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:53:13 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 08:12:55 PM »
The Excalibur book does have the best feel to it for me. Apoc, with his fist like that, looks like he is watching sports. Gambit has a smirk, while everyone else looks kinda dour.
Though I had no idea that Kwannon and Betsy were back to original forms and all that >.>
Marauders seems dumb... like its going to take itself too seriously for what it is and Storm isn't the leader
Fallen Angels, at its premise, seems like it has potential for an interesting story. The kind where the inner conflict is being reinforced by the outer conflicts

X-Force... I like Sage. That's the only note worthy thing for me haha

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 08:43:31 PM »
I'll pull Excalibur, if only to support Gambit.

But I'll be cautiously optimistic about everything else. Part of me wonders, considering other SDCC shenanigans, if we're going to start seeing tie-ins with the MCU in the next couple years in preparation.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 08:57:30 PM »
I agree that that Excalibur seems to be the best place for Gambit considering all the other books are same old same old, starring the same characters as always. Never cared for the original Excalibur because the roster, except for Nightcrawler, was dull. But having Gambit, Psylocke, Rogue and Jubilee on the same team again is exciting. My main concern about this is the reason for Gambit’s inclusion. We don’t know yet whether the writer is interested in him or not, if he was forced into the book because of Rogue or whatever, it’d be disappointing to say the least.

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »
Hmm, I was optimistic, hoping Remy was on the roster because of him getting knighted in Otherworld, killing a dragon, and brokering peace... but I was optimistic before the Shadow King/ Xavier return story and that one fell well short. Now I am having my doubts here haha

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »
Pretty excited for Excalibur. I might also get Maruaders bc I like the line-up, but could do without Kitty leading

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »
I am very excited for Excalibur. So many potential. Gambit/Apoc is what interest me the most. It is time for unique heritage.

Also I hope that Gambit 14 and how Remy stole Excalibur will be mentioned and known.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 08:12:45 AM »
I hope at least in some way to see in Excalibur what Apocalypse meant about Gambit`s Unique Haritage.
[/size][/color]

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
Hmm, I was optimistic, hoping Remy was on the roster because of him getting knighted in Otherworld, killing a dragon, and brokering peace... but I was optimistic before the Shadow King/ Xavier return story and that one fell well short. Now I am having my doubts here haha

Yes. I really hope all this will be used in Excalibur.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
...that would be fun. Honestly, kinda forgot about that story in the solo, but it would be cool to see it referenced again.