Author Topic: DC Crossover books Gambit could team with  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
Re: DC Crossover books Gambit could team with
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »
Yikes. Didn't think my Gambit fandom would be called into question. In my mind, the story I envisioned would have had them both competing to steal something (but, from the criminal underground), each with valid/good reasons, but, nefarious on the surface. When they'd inevitably run into each other, it would be competitive and contemptuous, but each would use their wits, and wiles against one another. In my mind, Remy would be using his charm to try and woo Catwoman, who'd play along, before fighting dirty (as she's apt to do), giving her a momentary advantage, allowing her to flee, for Gambit to give chase. It'd be cat (not pun intended) and mouse. Obviously, I don't think Selina could ever actually beat Gambit in a full out legit fight. The crossover concept was more of an idea based on their similarities...in the end, they'd likely wind up allies and possibly a one off fling.  :-\ 
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 11:19:26 AM »
I figured it was a brief situation with Catwoman getting s slight advantage to get away or something. Because CW in no way could best Gambit in a combative situation. I also think Gambit is the better thief too. But I do like that pairing pf them.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 11:48:38 AM »
I figured it was a brief situation with Catwoman getting s slight advantage to get away or something. Because CW in no way could best Gambit in a combative situation. I also think Gambit is the better thief too. But I do like that pairing pf them.

Exactly. Remy is faster, more cunning, a better tactician, faster reflexes, stronger, and a better fighter, on top of his powers. Doesn't mean a sly, seductive Selina couldn't get the momentary drop on him. Besides, if I'm going a one-off, does anyone really want me drawing Remy cracking out a woman's teeth or anything?

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
If CW is going to best Gambit I'd like to see him best her too at least. Doesn't have to crack her teeth out to do it. Just toy with her.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
I could probably work something up...