Author Topic: Xmen The Animated Series?  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Xmen The Animated Series?
« on: June 08, 2019, 11:36:50 AM »
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-team-approach-disney/
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series' creative team is aiming to approach Disney, which now holds the rights to the characters, about a continuation of the series. "The one thing we'd like to do more than anything else is to continue where we left off," series producer and director Larry Houston said. That outlet reports the series' aesthetic might change in the revival. Details about what considerations Disney would have to take in reviving the property were not mentioned. It was not made clear when the team would approach the studio.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Xmen The Animated Series?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »
I'd be all for the idea of course, that way we'll get a cartoon series dedicated to the comics and Gambit's in the main cast. If it were to continue where it left off, I would hope he would get a lot more air time, and episodes dedicated to him, I felt that after season 4 he was almost written out of the show...and too many Wolverine/Beast eps at the end that were quite tedious.

But most likely, if they were to do another animated series, it'll be with new writers and roster, and probably add Kitty and Nightcrawler and omit Gambit and Jubilee. Or maybe the best approach would be like Justice League Unlimited, where they have a monster cast but balance it out, and everyone will be happy.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 03:23:06 PM »
 Yep, when I first heard about this yesterday I was all for it, but when I started thinking about it I thought the same thing as you.  Gambit would most likely just be dropped from the cast.  Probably replaced by Nightcrawler or Emma Frost.  It's so depressing that so many people behind the scenes seem to dislike Gambit or don't see him as an important X-Man even though he was such a mainstay for so many years and is popular with the fans.  It's been forever since he(and Rogue for that matter) was in whatever happens to be the flagship X-Men book.  I said on another board recently that he's probably the only comic character at his level of popularity among the fans that has so many writers and editors willing to publicly and in usage (or non-usage as is often the case)show their dislike of him.

Anyway, sorry, rant over.  If they could  truly continue the series and used the same cast(even if it's with additions) I would be super excited and really look forward to it.  I mean man, a Cyclops I actually like,  a Prof. X that hasn't been dragged through the mud and mangled, and an awesome Gambit and Rogue.  Yes please!

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:26:23 PM »
I guess with the other cartoons (Evolution and W&X), they did actually bring him in and gave him a genuine chance at some development (more than I can say for the movies). I didn't really watch W&X, but I know he had a couple of episodes with reasonable screen time. Evolution Gambit, besides the hair, I actually thought they did a really good job with him, his roles mattered in the overall narratives...he wasn't useless.

But yes, if they had to continue the series and bring in new writers who are your typical anti-90's snobs, they'd probably come up with "lets get rid of Gambit even though his large fan base from XTAS brought a lot of new readers into comics and replace him with Fantomex because Grant Morrison created him! ...that must mean he's cool!" ...in all seriousness I doubt Gambit will be replaced by Fantomex in a potential XTAS return, but I swear that was the mentality of a lot of X-Men writers in the 2000's comics, hopefully that goes away too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:31:57 PM by Sparta »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 05:27:44 PM »
It will be cool if it will happen.
I am sure that if X-TAS will return then Gambit will be there too.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 09:57:35 PM »
This would make me so happy if they did this. The original creators of the show wanting to pitch this idea to disney really shows the love they have for the series and is exactly the type of thing the X-Men need. And if they actually do bring back all the voice actors they need to get Chris Potter back and not Tony Daniels for Gambit. Thing is, I could see Disney being so arrogant with all their success that they don't want to continue someone elses show and want to start their own. We'll see but this should be a no brainer and would create huge buzz.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 10:22:10 AM »
Remember when Jubilee's voice actor said she wasn't returning to voice the character because she isn't Asian? Yeah, now some people are having a problem with Sunspot's voice actor because apparently he is too light-skinned. He is Brazilian, like Roberto, but this isn't good enough. No wonder the show has been postponed to next year. These people Disney is trying to appease are not fans, they don't consume what we do. What’s even worse is seeing some people who are actual fans wanting changes to be made to characters. No, I don’t want Gambit to be bi or race-swapped. Why is being true to a character so hard? In this current scenario with Disney losing money over pandering and stupid ideas, I just can’t be excited for this show or for any upcoming movies or even comics. I don’t this hobby to die but Disney is making a real effort to kill it. 

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 10:26:45 PM »
Apparently Chris Potter isn’t returning to voice Gambit. It keeps getting worse.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »
Apparently Chris Potter isn’t returning to voice Gambit. It keeps getting worse.

Didn't he skip the last "season" too?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 10:44:19 AM »

Where did you see this?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 10:48:59 AM »

Didn't he skip the last "season" too?

Yeah, but up to now he was set to come back.

Offline andresa

• Survivor

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 11:26:48 AM »

On instagram, then I looked it up.

https://comicbookmovie.com/x_men/x_men-97/x-men-97-voice-cast-reportedly-revealed-and-there-are-both-some-big-returns-and-surprising-changes-a203510#gs.zorrej

"AJ LoCascio is the new Gambit"

I looked into it a bit and I think some of it might be false information. Some have AJ LoCascio as playing Nightcrawler. Others have two actors listed for one role. Like Jean Grey and Nightcrawler. I don't know if these media sources really have a clue. Most still have Chris Potter listed as Gambit. Until I hear some official word or see articles saying something like "Chris Potter is out as Gambit" or "Chris Potter was never attached to X-Men  97", then I think they might be incorrect.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2023, 11:37:53 AM »
It’s not officially confirmed, but at this point I don’t want to hope for anything, to be honest.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »
Fair. I'm at that point myself. It is mind boggling to me that Disney Marvel finally have the X-Men back and they're going to screw it up. It's madness. They could make an entire, and deeper MCU using just the X-Men catalogue. To mess that up with their poor writing and messaging would be a crime.