Author Topic: Nicieza at GalaxyCon 2019  (Read 36618 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Nicieza at GalaxyCon 2019
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »
Fabian Nicieza was at GalaxyCon in Raleigh NC, this past July 2019. A fellow guildie from here got to meet him and talk with him.

She said, he had a Gambit novel written in the late 1990's or nearly finished when Marvel cancelled on him, though they did pay him for the work he had completed. The book would have covered when Gambit was an infant and end when he met up with the Xmen. The manuscript is on 3.4 floppies but he admitted he was too nervous to re-read it or release it. (Not that it would be easy, he'd have to find a way to get the 300 pages he wrote viewable and moved to a platform he could read.)

Our guild mate wanted a snippet for us, which is when he was nervous about to  read what he wrote, he was worried it wasn't very good.

*Speculation on my part* - Probably happened when Quesada did his whole ... streamline the X-line.

There is so much to not like about that guy (Quesada) when he was in charge of Marvel.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:16:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Nicieza at GalaxyCon 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 08:33:17 AM »
I would love to read it regardless.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:23:14 AM »
Me too. I would love for him to re-read it, and get it published.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »
Me too. I would love for him to re-read it, and get it published.

I would buy it biut I don`t have any expaactations for it ever to happen.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »
Both he and Chris Claremont were here in Miami last year. I was all set to go fanman out but my wives family pulled me into some nonsense and had to miss out... That sucked. Like a lot.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:45:47 AM »
Both he and Chris Claremont were here in Miami last year. I was all set to go fanman out but my wives family pulled me into some nonsense and had to miss out... That sucked. Like a lot.

I feel your pain.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Odd story and understand that not being able meeting writers, artists, etc.
I went to a ComicCon in NYC. I was suppose to meet up with John Layman, grab a coffee or something. We had chatted it up and plans were made. However, that year was the first year for NYC. The organizers had no clue what they had gotten themselves into, and it was not an easy event. In fact, after that, they changed how they organized the event. I had returned and attended. I can attest they got better.

Anyway, back to Layman, we had to cancel because he was nervous that if he left the building he would not be let back in and he panels and things to do for the convention. The Fire Marshal stopped the organizers from allowing people in, people who traveled from PA or MA or farther who had purchased tickets in advance were turned away. Because for some reason organizers were worried about attendance. They allowed the general populace to buy a ticket not realizing that pre-purchase ticket holders had not all arrived yet. They got roasted in papers.

The amusing thing, I went to MidTown Comics, its in Manhatten (I think), and the place was packed with con goers who couldn't get in and it was therapeutic for all because it was a topic of conversation for all those fans.

Let me tell you, that shop is amazing.

I've been to San Diego Comic Con too but holy cow is that one crazy. It's organized but crazy at the same time.