Author Topic: Spider-Man, Sony and Disney  (Read 123290 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Spider-Man, Sony and Disney
« on: August 21, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
How long did anyone think it would take for Disney to attempt to get that character back in their house. It's the only character left not in their control.

I don't blame them. They finally got the Xmen back, and the only one not in the house of mouse was Spider-Man.

Of course this does fall on their subsidiary Marvel for making bad business deals to stay fluent years ago.

The bigger issue due to the bad arrangement is that Disney probably can't buy Sony at this time, if ever based on business s***.

All of the above my opinion. But to be honest - I don't care about Spider-Man. Disney will win eventually, it will just take longer than they like and the fans of his character will have to deal with it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/21/business/media/sony-spiderman-mcu.html
I decided not to add a ton of links because ... c'mon .. google is all over it ... and twitter is too.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:21:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Spider-Man, Sony and Disney
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
I think they’ll probably work something out. Can’t really see Sony or Disney walking away, just too much much money possible. I think the sticking point was Disney wanted a bigger cut, and I guess Disney could bail if they get everything that they want. But Disney seems more pragmatic than that.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Spider-Man, Sony and Disney
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »
I agree with you anya. I think they'll work it out too. They've been playing nice with each other for awhile.

I still think Disney wants Spidey back but they might be able to come to terms.

It's too early to tell how it will work out. I do find it interesting. I doubt that Spider-Man's books will be hurt by it. He's not like the Fantastic Four who was benched in the fight for property.

Guess we'll see.