Author Topic: The Umbrella Academy season 2  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
The Umbrella Academy season 2
« on: August 09, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »
It had moments of fun scenes and a few other things but I found myself a tad bored with season 2.
There was just too much of some elements and not enough of others. Overall, it was alright but I think I liked season 1 better.
Or maybe I had too many expectations. Who knows.
anyone else watch it?

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
Re: The Umbrella Academy season 2
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »
It had moments of fun scenes and a few other things but I found myself a tad bored with season 2.
There was just too much of some elements and not enough of others. Overall, it was alright but I think I liked season 1 better.
Or maybe I had too many expectations. Who knows.
anyone else watch it?

I actually just finished it today.  I enjoyed it just as much as the first season though.  I liked that a lot of the characters started getting their crap together lol and I really liked the cliffhanger(can't wait for season 3).  Spoilers- At first I was disappointed that Allison got married again(and so quickly too).  C'MON Allison! lol.  But I ended up enjoying that aspect of the season too.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 11:16:24 AM »
It's trending well, and there seems to be lots of peeps who liked season 2. There are lots who don't either. Quite the mixed bag.

I liked Allison's storyline, which was all showrunners/writers. None of that was in the books.

I was more entertained with Five meeting Five with Luther trying to keep them from killing each other.

Dave punching Klaus bothered me but not unexpected for the time period. Dave must have been looking for him was some growth for Dave but that whole thing really messed with Klaus.

I couldn't stand the Vanya/FBI scene, it was too long, just too long. I did like how Ben was able to reach Vanya and I was sad that Ben disappeared in that scene or 'went into the light'.

I liked the cliffhanger too and was happy to see Ben again.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:47:30 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »

I liked Allison's storyline, which was all showrunners/writers. None of that was in the books.

Ah, okay.  I have not read the comics, so that might also affect how how see this season as well.

I was more entertained with Five meeting Five with Luther trying to keep them from killing each other.

Yeah that was a lot of fun.
Dave punching Klaus bothered me but not unexpected for the time period. Dave must have been looking for him was some growth for Dave but that whole thing really messed with Klaus.

Yep, I was not surprised how that scene went down at all.  I felt bad for Klaus as well.

I couldn't stand the Vanya/FBI scene, it was too long, just too long. I did like how Ben was able to reach Vanya and I was sad that Ben disappeared in that

Yes!  I loved the scene where Ben sacrificed himself to help Vanya.  That may be my favorite moment from the season.
I liked the cliffhanger too and was happy to see Ben again.

[/size]I am not that excited about the alternate timeline Ben(he just won't be the same, having lived a totally different life) as much as I am just the opposite Sparrow Academy team in general.  That is going to be crazy!  Plus the scenes I am most looking forward to are the ones between the Umbrella Academy siblings and Reginald Hargreeves.  The scenes between them and him this season were also among my absolute favorites(especially between him and Diego).

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
I never read the books. I looked up the differences between the source and show to find out what was changed. Which is how I found out the storyline for Allison was the showrunner's choice. Of course with source author's approval. :)

I am not a fan of the writing or the art but I do know there folks who love the source material. It's not for me.

S1 Klaus was the most changed, then Diego, Vanya and Five. Most of the changes made sense from various views, production costs, cgi and whatnot. Other changes made were due to not viable in today's media.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:03:55 PM by Nekobaghira »