Author Topic: TOS/Tumblr/AO3/deviantArt ...  (Read 100138 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
TOS/Tumblr/AO3/deviantArt ...
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
There is a Washington Post article released a few days ago. Tumblr is changing its TOS and well as AO3 and deviantArt ... there may be more than these but .... not sure how many of you visit those sites or use them.
You'll have to google the article, its been a real pain to come up with the simple link to the story.
Basically:WP Article by Eli Rosenberg, dated 12/3/18
Tumblr announced Monday that it will ban nearly all nudity from its platform, ending one of social media’s last major refuges for explicit sexual images.
There is more to the story but I don't want to get that deep into this topic.  Read the article and you'll know what you need to know.
I will say, there are creators, authors and artists who post items and some are commissioned that would be deemed risque.

More of a heads up. TBH - not sure what policy changes are going on with AO3 and deviantArt .... I saw them mentioned on tumblr, it could be nada. I only know that tumblr is addressing the issue. Sometimes these things have a domino effect.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:43:54 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: TOS/Tumblr/AO3/deviantArt ...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:24 PM »
I'm surprised it took this long. Anytime you click on a link to it your risking seeing something you probably don't want to see.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:21:37 AM »
I can't find anything about DeviantArt changing their policy, Tumblr yes, but not DA. I have 2 pieces of art that are a little risque, but they don't show any genitalia or anything like that. One of Rogue and Gambit and the other Jon Snow and Daenerys.

Oh wait, I did another naked Daenerys but the dragons covered all those parts.  :P

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:55:11 AM »
*chuckles* ... I love art. Love it. Not sure I can handle all of art in its  glory but  ...  I deal as it were.

I only saw dA mentioned on tumblr for the "issue". I don't know whats going on for that site specifically. I also didn't look for an article for that site .. and all we really got is what WP posted about tumblr. I'm certain, we'd have to go a few sources further.

edit:I can tell you I've seen art on tumblr, commissioned in fact -  that was very ... graphic. LOL

The art was nice but ... if you aren't ready for that sort of thing, you might be in for a surprise. LOL

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:23:02 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »
I actually got flagged on tumblr for indecency  .... it was the page where Gambit comes out of the shower to check on his kittens. LOL
I removed it. Tumblr is junk anyway.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »
I actually got flagged on tumblr for indecency  .... it was the page where Gambit comes out of the shower to check on his kittens. LOL
I removed it. Tumblr is junk anyway.

I got almost one hundred images flagged here http://remylebeaugambit.tumblr.com/, including this same shower one and many of them were years old. I appealed and they were put back, it was a bother.   

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
I got almost one hundred images flagged here http://remylebeaugambit.tumblr.com/, including this same shower one and many of them were years old. I appealed and they were put back, it was a bother.
Its one image for me, so I just removed it and called it a day. LOLGlad you appealed, c'mon if Marvel can print it then its okay, tumblr is being too aggressive with their policies.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:00:14 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:56:15 AM »
It took years for Tumblr to realize there was something wrong with its content and now it's cracking down on anything a machine points as inappropriate. The posts appealed were back in minutes after an actual person reviewed them as harmless comic book images.