Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95838 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2020, 05:37:42 PM »

Man purplevit, you are all over this stuff. Good work. Now there's two seperate sources, one talking series, the other talking movie. Not sure which one would excite more at this point. But I am starting to get a bit excited. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.

I listened to all these rumours so I can try and check what is true. Who knows. First rumour sounded more realistic for me. Second resourse is not trustworthy but their article was different from what I expected. They told that Marvel wants Verbinski to return and is planning to shoot it asap. That "asap" kinda bothers me. That rush couldl be more logical for Disney + Series because they need more shows.

I just hope that something is really in the works for Gambit. But at this point we shouldn`t expect a lot.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2020, 06:25:30 PM »
Gambit Funko Pop figure #4 (#1 with cards, #2 glow in the dark, #3 with staff)

...and a Marvel Zombie Gambit Pop in the works...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B80Yqn7qd-W/

So that's 4 now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:38:52 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2020, 02:18:23 AM »
Lol, Gambit zombie is hilarious.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2020, 05:12:31 AM »
Keep in mind, the pop with Gambit's stubble is a custom/fan-made one I think, also the one that says 'Castiel' on it. These are the official ones...

https://www.funko.com/search?term=gambit

...and I'd expect them to add in the Zombie one soon as well.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »
Ack! There is a little key chain! Must have! Though I’d rather it was the regular gambit than the zombie one...

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:40 PM »
I think the series rumor is much more plausible than Marvel recycling an old script and wanting Verbinski back.

Although it's only speculation at this point, the rumor from months ago about Marvel having a list of young actors being eyed to play Gambit combined with the series rumor might mean something is really coming our way.

I really hope this turns out to be true. A tv show focused on Gambit’s past before he shows up on the big screen is almost too good to be true.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »
I don't know why anyone thinks that is a show is on Disney+ the character won't crossover. That's the whole point. They want to drive people back and forth from the movies to the streaming platform applying pressure to fans so they feel that they have to watch "A" to understand "B". It's why Captain Marvel did so well, despite it being misleading. They'll be doing much of the same I believe with WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Moreso on the former.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
I don't know why anyone thinks that is a show is on Disney+ the character won't crossover. That's the whole point. They want to drive people back and forth from the movies to the streaming platform applying pressure to fans so they feel that they have to watch "A" to understand "B". It's why Captain Marvel did so well, despite it being misleading. They'll be doing much of the same I believe with WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Moreso on the former.

Bingo! ;)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »

I'm not saying it's not sound in theory...I just don't think it's going to work. Following an interconenctive movie universe is one thing...crosing back and forth to streaming another altogether. Hell, budget alone will affect it.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2020, 09:23:18 AM »
The Netflix shows didn’t connect, but now that the benevolent mouse overlord has complete ownership, I think it’s more likely. Though, just in a practical sense, they still might not connect as much as the movies.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2020, 10:47:17 AM »
They've done cross overs with the Netflix shows. They made some big deal out of it. It had eight episodes and it was titled "The Defenders". Featured Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. It wasn't bad.

Cross overs are coming across as a trend or fad. CW's DCU did some six episode thing with all of their shows. Marketing probably keeping up with numbers and all that to see how it goes.

I think its likely for a cross over, if for no other reason to renew interest in the older content.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:00:19 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2020, 04:35:38 AM »
Quote from: anya link=topic=5271. msg77603#msg77603 date=1582295420
Because you are not a Hollywood genius like Fiege.  If you were, you could come up with something awesome like this.  :p
LOL I'm not here often so I don't know if this is an "in" joke or not.  But Gambit fans have been talking about Gambit having this type of series for years and years.  I like what the man does, but I feel like people give him way too much credit to the point of worshipping him.  Dude just does what any halfway creative Hollywood player would do.  Legit, I've known since I was an awkward teenager fangirling over Gambit that this would be a good idea.  Now we'll see if it actually happens.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2020, 10:51:29 AM »
THANK YOU! KF is overrated as hell. He's competent but so many others could have done what he did, and better, if they had complete control of the helm. THAT was WB/DC's problem.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"