Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 94555 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 11:02:59 AM »
I wouldn`t expect anything good or new for Gambit sooner then Fall 2020.

Excalibur will have at least 12 issues. I think it will end on #12 and then new big crossover will start on June or July for 3 monthes. Of course Gambit will be in limbo the whole Summer because Hickman hates him.

If we will be lucky then he will get some new project or will be just a mutant #8 in some satellite team book again that will start on October or November.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2020, 12:42:04 PM »
I wouldn`t expect anything good or new for Gambit sooner then Fall 2020.

Excalibur will have at least 12 issues. I think it will end on #12 and then new big crossover will start on June or July for 3 monthes. Of course Gambit will be in limbo the whole Summer because Hickman hates him.

If we will be lucky then he will get some new project or will be just a mutant #8 in some satellite team book again that will start on October or November.

Precisely.

How long have we been hoping that Gambit will be back to being what he used to be every time he’s in a new book or a new writer puts their hands on him? I've lost count. Gambit continues to be repeatedly screwed over. 

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
Whatever is happening in the X-Men universe, it is usually still the Scott Summer show. Worse decision to make him the central focus of the series after Morrison's run. And I like Cyclops!

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2020, 09:40:09 PM »
It looks like Gambit will be a Horseman again, along with Rogue, Jubilee and Rictor...in reference to that ancient war Krakoa had with that other island in HoXPoX.  I think that's what Tini's plans are and probably Hickman's as well considering that he wrote about it in HoXPoX. Apocalypse did see something inside of Gambit just before he got killed off. That's probably in connection with DeathBit. Hopefully it'll be better executed this time...But the signs are there with Rogue and Rictor already.

EDIT: I'll also add that because Apocalypse has aligned himself with Xavier, the Horsemen won't be "evil", it'll be a different approach.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:44:51 PM by Sparta »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 01:51:17 PM »
Surprise

I hope more news like this will bring some good Gambit news

admin edit:bleeding cool's link doesn't work, I removed it. I suggest googling it but they aren't that reliable.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:53:39 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Xtreme Gambit

• Gambler
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2020, 01:53:53 PM »
Quote from: andresa link=topic=4926. msg77419#msg77419 date=1579196524
Precisely. 

How long have we been hoping that Gambit will be back to being what he used to be every time he’s in a new book or a new writer puts their hands on him? I've lost count.  Gambit continues to be repeatedly screwed over. 
It seems indeed, a new creative team puts hands on him. . .
 https://www.newsarama.com/48676-a-new-class-of-teen-mutants-shakes-up-dawn-of-x-in-children-of-the-atom.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:49:19 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »
Vita Ayala/ Bernard Chang Writer/Artist for the book.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:33:40 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline red joseph

• Horseman
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 03:23:15 PM »
Looks like the new x-book focused on the newer generation of kids.

Sooooo from the sounds of it, this girl is Gambits sidekick?

Hopefully Gambit is portrayed well and i'm happy!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 03:27:30 PM »

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »
Cautiously optimistic about this. As long as gambit is given some love and that it's established quickly how, if, much part of this he will have.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2020, 05:55:35 PM »
Cautiously optimistic about this. As long as gambit is given some love and that it's established quickly how, if, much part of this he will have.
Me too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:42:43 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2020, 02:36:37 AM »
Congratulations to Remydat, he's going to be a Daddy! Yay! I know he doesn't visit here often but I wanted those here to know. :)

Fakenews!  ;D

From Remydat at CBR

"Apologies to everyone wishing me congrats as I am not having a baby. When I said currently unborn baby, just meant that said hypothetical child had not been conceived yet rather than a baby being on the way. Poor choice of words as I read it again in light of the responses.

However, I did get engaged in China last week so there is hope for the future."

Congrats on the engagement!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »
Ha! fakenews! Too funny.  Congrats on his engagement.
Ohhhh, I am now understanding the second cover, I just thought it was a variant at first for the Children of the Atom thing. I've been duped twice. LOL :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 03:14:35 PM »
I wrote an article about Children of the Atom. It'll be posted soon but I dont believe that they are "side kicks". Whoever this Ayala woman is, she wrote them "like" they were sidekicks. I think this is an elseoworld story that takes place during the 9th life of Moira MacTaggert, or in the near future, but still along the same lines. In the 9th life of Moira, she and Apocalypse allowed Sinister to create what became known as Chimera- custom made mutant soldiers to fight the machine-mutant alliance. The first generation were people with singular powers from past mutants. Which would explain why that girl seems to have Gambit's powers. Later generations had up four power sets like what we saw in Rasputin.

In the 9th life this took place years into the future. This may be the same. IMO Children of the Atom telling the story of that world, or something that happens years for now. Ayala says that they "grew up with posters of Storm and Wolverine" Only way for that to happen is for it to take place years or decades for now... In short, this'll have nothing to do with Gambit. To be honest, if you were Marvel, would you trust a cast of Jean, Cyclops, Angel, Gambit and Nightcrawler to someone that's never written the X-Men, at all? Nah.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony