Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95833 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #645 on: December 30, 2020, 05:20:12 PM »
Soooo.... Apparently they changed Gambits powers. Something about manipulating "mutant energy" or magical energy... Interesting but hardly has anything to do with Gambits powers. Anyone else think this revelation won't survive outside of this run?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #646 on: December 30, 2020, 08:51:24 PM »
Argh, imagine how awful it’d be if Gambit’s powers were permanently changed by that horrible writer. I doubt it’ll reverberate outside this forgettable book, though.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 01:17:56 PM by cajunpirate »

NicoPony

« Reply #648 on: December 31, 2020, 02:05:49 PM »
Soooo.... Apparently they changed Gambits powers. Something about manipulating "mutant energy" or magical energy... Interesting but hardly has anything to do with Gambits powers. Anyone else think this revelation won't survive outside of this run?

is this the thing apocalypse 'sensed' within gambit? (the only thing i know about what's going on is what i've read here in summation, so, not a lot). i was hoping more for the magic-relationship g had with the excalibur title would've been whatever old kingdom nonsense sinister deposited in his brain about five million years ago. but i guess that might require actually knowing the character - so let's just invent something new, right? magic mutant powers it is.

no, it won't survive. this is going the way of the fart-powers. and the blind precog-powers. and the new sun powers. am i missing another random set of powers here?

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »

is this the thing apocalypse 'sensed' within gambit? (the only thing i know about what's going on is what i've read here in summation, so, not a lot). i was hoping more for the magic-relationship g had with the excalibur title would've been whatever old kingdom nonsense sinister deposited in his brain about five million years ago. but i guess that might require actually knowing the character - so let's just invent something new, right? magic mutant powers it is.

no, it won't survive. this is going the way of the fart-powers. and the blind precog-powers. and the new sun powers. am i missing another random set of powers here?
Is his charming ability and resistance to telepathy still a thing? Also his second manifestation of Death had him with totally different abilities. Something like turning others into death zombies or something?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #650 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »
Is his charming ability and resistance to telepathy still a thing? Also his second manifestation of Death had him with totally different abilities. Something like turning others into death zombies or something?

Probably had something to do with with them being in Limbo at the time. Super random act that led nowhere. As for whatever Apocalypse was talking about being "in him" makes me fear that Tini has some long drawn out plan for him in a future story that will ultimately lead to his undoing in some way.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony