Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95861 times)

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2020, 05:41:35 PM »

You forgot Becca and Oliver from The End/ GeneXt

And 100% you can't force anyone to have a child. But you also can't just change your mind due to a bad dream without a WTF fueled discussion to follow it. That's a huge blindside. Not just to Gambit but the fans that understand this character.

Oh yeah I agree with you 100%. My point was more if Rogue just changes her mind like a flip of a coin then Gambit can do the same. He’s not forced to just follow her lead. It’s bad writing and it opens up this can of worms when nothing really matters and characters change without showing us how or why. So I agree with you.

That scene bothers me because even if Rogue changes her mind, and Gambit understands that, nothing happens. It’s a monumental decision that is just handwaved away.

I recently ended my engagement and the girl in question didn’t want to have children. I never gave it much thought before her but when she brought it up I started thinking about it. At that direct moment. I respected her and didn’t want to jump any kind of gun by stating something definitive. Still it was monumental and I had opinions and I had to address them. Gambit just doesn’t have any witch makes the scene feel unrealistic and flat. He just stands there like some cutout cardboard version of a husband. Not even a response if he wanted, want or might want.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2020, 12:20:37 AM »
In the messed up mind of Tini Howard, husband's don't get any say in the decision making of a marriage, such as having kids, and Howard will use whatever poor excuse in the dialog to justify it.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »
Excalibur #9 cover...

https://www.newsarama.com/48769-behold-the-starlight-citadel-in-excalibur-9-cover.html

No Apocalypse, who I'm getting bored and tired of already. But covers are misleading...so...
The art's nice though...very 1980's.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2020, 01:37:34 PM »
What's a ominverse?

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2020, 07:54:44 AM »
What's a ominverse?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Omniverse

The Omniverse is the collection of every single universe, multiverse, megaverse, dimension (alternate or pocket) and realm. This includes not only Marvel Comics, but also DC Comics, Image, Dark Horse, Archie, Harvey, Shueisha, Boom Studios, Rebellion, Dynamite, IDW, Graphic India, Derby Pop, Vertigo, Oni Press, Udon, Valiant, and every universe ever mentioned or seen (and an infinite amount never mentioned or seen) including our own world. Everything is in the Omniverse, and there is only one Omniverse. According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes, "It includes every single literary, television show, movie, urban legend, universe, realm, etc. ever. It includes everyone from Popeye to Rocky Balboa to Ronald Reagan to Romeo and Juliet to Luke Skywalker to Snoopy to Jay and Silent Bob, etc." This includes universes outside of American and European western comics, such as Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ghost in the Shell and etc. eastern comic book media. The Omniverse is EVERY reality, including those published by all other companies. Even fan-fictions, cancelled works, mere fantasies, wishes of thoughts created by people, future comic book publishing companies and fictional universes yet to be published are considered part of the Omniverse; simply put, the Omniverse is every version of reality and existence imaginable

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »
Tried my best not to rant.  :-[
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2020, 02:57:23 AM »
This book's reviews over at Comicbook Round Up are pretty strong. This last issue's got an 8.6. A lot of praise for the Rogue/Gambit scene too. Maybe they were distracted by the nudity???

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:01:26 AM by Sparta »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2020, 11:07:08 AM »
Got to keep in mind a lot of these sites will tow the line just ensure they continue to get press passes, advanced copies of books and exclusive interviews. Most media sites, especially pop-culture sites are dominated by the threat of "access". Also, there are just people out there that like this sort of writing. Personally, it's not for me. I read to get into a story. I love Gambit, but I'll read books that he's not in, as long as it's a good read! This... isn't a good book. It's not well constructed, or paced. The dialogue and script are choppy and, as we've said, the characterizations are horrible. When writing characters in a shared universe, a writer has to keep in mind how the characters are behaving outside of their book. Apocalypse isn't speaking or behaving in other books as he is here. Rogue and Gambit are not the same ones we saw coming out of R&G or MMX. Jubilee's personality is completely different and Betsy is unrecognizable. A woman with the background she's had with deathseed and horsemen is really OK being around Apocalypse, and just let him smash a teammate in Gambit without blinking an eye? Betsy's historically too passionate, honorable, and loyal to act like this throughout 6 issues.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:11:56 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2020, 07:29:20 PM »
Remy LeCuck.

Ugh.

Can't tell if that is an upgrade from Racky LeBeau or not.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2020, 01:42:17 AM »
Just some info about the Gambit pops...I just pre-ordered from my local collectors store. The 'Regular Gambit' and the 'Exclusive Glow Gambit' (and the two Rogues as well). Here in Australia, they're coming out March 31. My local store generally get things very early though. But yeah not far off...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:43:54 AM by Sparta »

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2020, 01:45:49 PM »

Can't tell if that is an upgrade from Racky LeBeau or not.

haha well, I'd offer to photoshop the character but...given the subject/term....  ;D
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
Irene, Rogue and Gambit's kid from a Captain Marvel issue written by KT.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:27 AM »

Online anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:09 AM »
Irene, Rogue and Gambit's kid from a Captain Marvel issue written by KT.
Not the most original character design, but it’s cute that she has ‘dad’s eyes.’