Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95754 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2020, 07:27:59 AM »
This all sounded great. They seem very confident in this source. A Gambit series on Disney + or hulu would make me so excited. Sounds like Kevin Feige wants to make hulu a real player now and could use this series to help put it on the map. A series is a great way to introduce Gambit before putting him in a movie. All I can say is, if it's true that Kevin Feige is a big Gambit fan, then that is great for all of us.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »
Lords of the Long Box Rumour: Gambit series is planned by Disney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yv5u5Ct8fw

Characters being reserved for it. Probably Disney + or even Hulu if darker. Very early in concept.
Kevin Feige really likes a character. He wants to do like a modern take on Maverick. It is going to be based in Nola.

Characters that Marvel wants to use for an upcoming Gambit MCU Series:
-   Thieves and Assassins Guilds
-   Etienne Marceaux – Probably a flashback
-   Marauders
-   Candra
-   Pig
-   Bella Donna Boudreux

Gambit Series to be kind of a modern western set in NOLA.
Tatum is definitely not playing. Probably a younger actor.
Rogue is tied up to Captain Marvel. Probably won`t appear.

Thanks for the info. I'm still not quite convinced yet, it all sounds like rumour/speculation, and the big comic/pop culture sites aren't writing anything about it. So...we'll see. If Feige is a big Gambit fan, then that's a huge positive.

I will say this, the MCU seem to cater for fans and listen to what they want. Whereas Fox were much more self-indulgent and a lot less ambitious. So who knows? A live-action Gambit will do a world of good for the character, and if that happens it'll reflect well on print material as well.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2020, 12:41:34 PM »
A Gambit series based in NOLA... Why didn't we come up with that? Sheesh...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
I remember way back when with Nicieza writing the Gambit solo, he was in a chat about the character and was asked if they should make a movie. He said, that he would rather see Gambit in a TV show set in NOLA. That it would work better for the character. I don't have his exact words, heck, I don't even have that saved anywhere anymore. He definitely thought the character would benefit more from the small screen than the big screen. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
I remember way back when with Nicieza writing the Gambit solo, he was in a chat about the character and was asked if they should make a movie. He said, that he would rather see Gambit in a TV show set in NOLA. That it would work better for the character. I don't have his exact words, heck, I don't even have that saved anywhere anymore. He definitely thought the character would benefit more from the small screen than the big screen. :)

Yeah. I remebered it right after listening show too. Nicieza really gets Gambit.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »
According to this source they have they want to make NOLA something of a hub of activity for the mcu going forward. If true, you gotta tell Gambits story.

If they are researching storyline and characters for this show, I hope they talk to Nicieza and pick his brain. Not just Claremont.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »
According to this source they have they want to make NOLA something of a hub of activity for the mcu going forward. If true, you gotta tell Gambits story.

If they are researching storyline and characters for this show, I hope they talk to Nicieza and pick his brain. Not just Claremont.

They need not only Nicieza but also Steve Skroce. Skroce worked on Matrix and can make anything visually awesome.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2020, 09:30:20 AM »
A Gambit series based in NOLA... Why didn't we come up with that? Sheesh...
Because you are not a Hollywood genius like Fiege. If you were, you could come up with something awesome like this. :p

Seriously, though, if it’s true it’s cool. ;)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2020, 09:37:15 AM »
A Gambit series is all well and good, but, I'd far prefer to see him on the big screen. I fear a Disney+ show means less likely he'll end up on the big screen. I know rights were an issue, but still, we never saw Daredevil or Punisher (even in cameos) during Marvel phase 1-4. Hell, we never even got a cameo from Couslon or anyone from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I want the ragin' cajun mixing it up on a theatre screen with Wolverine, Cyclops, etc.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »

Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gambit-movie-reportedly-track-marvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2020, 10:11:59 AM »
A Gambit series is all well and good, but, I'd far prefer to see him on the big screen. I fear a Disney+ show means less likely he'll end up on the big screen. I know rights were an issue, but still, we never saw Daredevil or Punisher (even in cameos) during Marvel phase 1-4. Hell, we never even got a cameo from Couslon or anyone from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I want the ragin' cajun mixing it up on a theatre screen with Wolverine, Cyclops, etc.

No. Daredevil, Punisher were never made by Feige. Their TV shows and Marvel Telvesion are dead.

It is rebranded under Feige and all new shows are part of MCU that will be important for movies and will lead to movies. Like Wand&Vision show will directly lead to Strange2.

I am sure that All Disney+ shows guarantees that characters from them will move to big screen.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »
Disney+ needs content. I would be surprised that the shows that were featured on Netflix or Hulu do show up on the Disney+ streaming service.
With the success of the Mandalorian, they may be more motivated to develop the other properties like Marvel.
Who knows, guess we'll see.
As for the movie: We been told this so many times, a younger lead would be good though.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2020, 03:42:42 PM »
Gambit Movie Reportedly Back On Track, New Actor Eyed For Lead
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gambit-movie-reportedly-track-marvel-studios/

Marvel apparently likes the current script and wants to make the movie as soon as possible.

They’ll recast the main role and are apparently looking to bring back one of the many directors who was originally attached, Gore Verbinski. Of course, many won’t believe Gambit is actually happening until they actually sit down in the theater to watch it, but we’re told that it’s back on track and Marvel is hoping to get it into production soon.

Man purplevit, you are all over this stuff. Good work. Now there's two seperate sources, one talking series, the other talking movie. Not sure which one would excite more at this point. But I am starting to get a bit excited. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2020, 03:44:56 PM »
Gambit Funko Pop figure #4 (#1 with cards, #2 glow in the dark, #3 with staff)

Edit: I made changes to make the images viewable. The link or whatever used didn't work so I've adjusted. I'll add the fourth one. :)

Bottom line, we'll see them all for those who want to collect. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:32:22 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2020, 04:03:12 PM »
No idea why the image doesn't work. If I can find them, I'll add them.
Edit: adding the third one here.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:27:08 PM by Nekobaghira »