Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 96014 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
But that's modern Marvel for you. Talent as a storyteller is not a concern...how you identify is. Marvel proudly hires extreme progressives based off their identities, not talents (or lack thereof).

I'm sure everyone's already seen, for example, the new New Warriors?

Disagree slightly.  The problem is bad writing plain and simple.  Comics in general have always been more progressive or liberal.  The problem is the writers are just bad.

Let's not pretend like Claremont is some conservative or non-work writer.  His stuff was as woke as it gets for his era.  He was just a better writer.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:33 PM »
Forgot Excalibur came out. Can someone let me know when Gambit get's killed off or leaves the book? Thanks in advance!

edit: fixed formatting and really small font. LOL - Neko

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 10:36:38 PM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2020, 10:43:15 PM »
Me too Remydat, me too. I will not spend money on Excalibur.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2020, 04:35:32 AM »
Forgot Excalibur came out. Can someone let me know when Gambit get's killed off or leaves the book? Thanks in advance!

edit: fixed formatting and really small font. LOL - Neko

He is still there and wriiten bad as always. Unfortunatelly.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2020, 02:24:12 PM »
Since this thread is getting the most attention. The site is going through a few issues. Cloudflare is on it (I might look into purchasing more protection but not at this time). But if there is a resource issue. Just wait it out and come back later. The number of attacks has lessened but not stopped. Thanks for participating on this forum. :)

Okay back to Gambit. What happened in the latest issue besides Gambit combing Rogue's hair?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2020, 11:50:05 AM »
Oh, that hair combing @#@$ happened?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2020, 12:03:31 PM »
Yeah, he does comb her hair, I saw the image somewhere on twitter.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2020, 03:16:25 AM »
Since this thread is getting the most attention. The site is going through a few issues. Cloudflare is on it (I might look into purchasing more protection but not at this time). But if there is a resource issue. Just wait it out and come back later. The number of attacks has lessened but not stopped. Thanks for participating on this forum. :)

Okay back to Gambit. What happened in the latest issue besides Gambit combing Rogue's hair?

Gambit charged up some flint to start a campfire, and Rogue wanted to get busy with him in a tent. Gambit's still grouchy, Rogue's more carefree, which was a bit of a reversal to how they were written in MMX.
If I remember, the issue itself had a bit more team bonding that was really needed, Jubilee had a bit more to do, art was really good, even though I'm not a fan of the way To draws Gambit.
The hair brushing doesn't bother me as much as others.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »
Gambit...from besting Gladiator and KO'ing Thor to starting campfires and combing hair.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
I don't think the combing hair thing is completely awful, and if she asked him to comb her hair, as her hubby he would. The problem is the continued emasculation of Gambit.

Offline malachi

• Guild Royalty
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:14 PM »
I don't think the combing hair thing is completely awful, and if she asked him to comb her hair, as her hubby he would. The problem is the continued emasculation of Gambit.

Yes. It’s a fine scene by itself. The problem is the lack of other scenes. Some fans might dig Gambit as the dotting husband. For Tini to only give us that shows she lacks a fundamental understanding of what her readers want.

I had more problems with the fire scene. My nominee for worst scene, so far in Excalibur, is Gambit charging the sign against the protesters. Charging it does nothing. It’s such a waste of scene, underselling his powers and bad characterization.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2020, 10:53:30 AM »
Yes, because he can be a doting husband and a super husband (this should not be hard thing to show.). Though the protestor sign, I didn’t mind, because he’s not the bloodthirsty type, he wasn’t trying to actually hurt anyone, just blow off some steam.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2020, 11:47:10 AM »
Can't pick one scene to be the worst Gambit scene in Excalibur. I don't think there have been one single remarkable moment. His distrusting of Apocalipse might've counted in in case the others hadn't dismissed his suspicions and treated him like an idiot.   

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
His distrust of Apocalypse is warranted and tbh, the others should not have dismissed him or treated poorly for his beliefs.  Rogue especially since he tried to kill her as a Horseman. This book and this writer has to go.

edit: Maybe not the book but the writer. I think people would like the concept of an Excalibur and the cast isn't horrible. There is just no reason to read it as its presented currently.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:23:53 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2020, 02:21:00 AM »

MARVEL X-MEN PROFILE AVATARS AVAILABLE NOW ON DISNEY+