Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 98225 times)

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »
Here is the look for Gambit from Marvel Super Wars.  He looks amazing btw.  Will be posting his gameplay video tomorrow.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2020, 03:19:54 AM »

It's a free to play moba game Like league of legends and u can easily get Gambit when he comes out next week for free.  He will also come with alternative costumes.  I will post it here as soon as I get more information.

Cool! Thanks for info. Glad that I can choose him from the start.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2020, 03:21:07 AM »
Here is the look for Gambit from Marvel Super Wars.  He looks amazing btw.  Will be posting his gameplay video tomorrow.

Cool! Fingers crossed for Mann's costume as alternative variant.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2020, 04:23:03 AM »
I don't think it would have taken very much time to establish that the New Orleans Thieves Guild was an organization of elite thieves. A couple of lines about it towards the beginning followed by a montage of his thief training could have done the trick. They could even have extended the run time a little if it were that big of a concern.

I mean, let's be honest: if Jean-Luc hadn't adopted Remy, Remy would probably still be picking pockets and running petty scams. He had talent, but he needed training. This script makes it seem like he was already going to be a master thief without Jean-Luc and the Guild.

Also, don't worry! I'm sure we'll get even more Gambit badassery in the MCU.  ;D

Yes. Montage can do wonders. Like Guy Ritchie showed how Arthur became adult in less then 3 minutes in King Arthur Legend of the sword. Awesome scene.
Link for video
https://youtu.be/f7lta2lEZN8

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtUo4-x7HRc

Here's a vid of them talking about Rogue being a villain for a little while in the MCU and that they want to start developing Gambit and Rogue's relationship while she's a villain. Interesting, is what I'll say for now.

Thanks Don for the Gambit script. I'll be reading it soon.

Neko, Disney + still only gives me the option of Wolverine and Storm as profile Avatars. I don't get it. >:(

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2020, 11:27:17 PM »
Hmm... Interesting. I just hope that by the time they cross paths, Gambit isn't a complete do-gooder. He's no fun as a straight arrow. :p
I'm tempted to feel like it should be the other way around because of the Guild and all. But I'm intrigued.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:52:57 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2020, 06:23:41 AM »
I doubt that Gambit will be a a complete do-gooder. If they meet each other then they probably just need the same item for different reasons. For example Gambit needs medicine to save some human girl and Rogue will need it to save some mutant terrorist.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2020, 10:25:35 AM »

I'd be really surprised if Gambit was introduced as a good guy. Ant-Man had to give up his life of thievery (sort of) before he got hero status. Unless the MCU takes a radically different view of property crime post-Thanos, stealing is morally ambiguous at best.

I don't want Marvel writers (aka SJW identity politic pushing progressive twats) touching Gambit.

I want REAL writers to do so.

Like... like Chris Claremont? Dude, the X-men are the most inherently and overtly political superhero comics.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2020, 11:02:32 AM »
Like... like Chris Claremont? Dude, the X-men are the most inherently and overtly political superhero comics.
That's what I said! It's so silly to complain about SJW and identity politics in X-men. They are literally one big metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2020, 12:04:42 PM »
I'd be really surprised if Gambit was introduced as a good guy. Ant-Man had to give up his life of thievery (sort of) before he got hero status. Unless the MCU takes a radically different view of property crime post-Thanos, stealing is morally ambiguous at best.

Ant-Man is a dad and his movies are not very serious. Gambit must be much more into criminal world.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:36:07 PM by purplevit »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »
Good Guy …. bad girl for Disney??  It was kinda the opposite.

Hmmm. Gambit was always an ANTI hero. This guys better not make him so watered down hes unrecognizable ::) :-\ :idiot2:

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2020, 02:58:35 PM »
Agreed. Gambit is a classic bad boy. I hope he got that part mixed up.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2020, 03:04:05 PM »
That's what I said! It's so silly to complain about SJW and identity politics in X-men. They are literally one big metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement.
I think perhaps some ideas are not being presented clearly enough for a differentiation between CC's days and today's day and age. Just a thought.

RE: Gambit, Disney+ If Disney can make R rated movies with characters like Deadpool.  A more grittier take would work fine for Gambit.
Neko, Disney + still only gives me the option of Wolverine and Storm as profile Avatars. I don't get it. >:(
Without doing research, I have no idea why that avatar wouldn't show up.  Very weird I can totally get the frustration. Try the search in app, can't hurt, right?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
I really don't see Gambit being the good guy and Rogue being full villain. If they are both antiheroes, then it could work. Reproducing the early stages of their relationship in the comics could make for a fun story, which I don’t really mind as long as Gambit has development of his own first.

People can’t seriously compare a character/plot-driven writer like Claremont to brats who yell at the people who consume comics to try to win arguments on twitter. Plot and character should come before political correctness. Or let’s just pretend that a character like Snowflake is as relevant and significant as a character like Storm.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2020, 05:57:25 PM »
So, here's the thing. For me, this is not about artistic merits as that is a huge rabbit hole that I have no desire to travel through. There is an entire generation that started reading before Claremont who think his stuff is absolute crap. There are people who would kill you for thinking that Grant Morrison's fart noises aren't genius. And on and on and on. Someday (if not even now), there will be people who love the current style of storytelling and its thematic elements. That is their choice and I take no issue with anyone's take on these things.

What I find ridiculous is the idea of complaining about there being too much diversity in a comics franchise that is unabashedly based on the Civil Rights Movement. Are there annoying people on the internet? Yes, there are. Of MANY different political viewpoints. Is that ALL there currently is to people and groups who fight for social justice? Absolutely not. There is lobbying, there are protests, there are calls to action. People's rights are still being threatened. And terms like SJW are regularly flung at people in order to shame and discourage them from caring about the human rights of others. I find the term offensive. I also find that it is often used by those privileged enough to ignore minorities and their problems. It is also exceptionally privileged to decry identity politics, since a person's race/sex/class/sexual orientation/etc. affects virtually everything about their world and the way they experience it. We ALL "play identity politics". However, some people's identities have been shoved down everyone else's throats as the default when it is not.

If you have a problem with writing and character, say that. I do too. But blaming diversity and inclusion in a comic like X-men is just ridiculous given its history.

P.S. Chris Claremont would ABSOLUTELY have been considered a progressive/"SJW" in his time.