Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95703 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #345 on: April 27, 2020, 10:23:02 AM »
Ok, so I finally signed up for Disney plus. I remember someone saying they couldn’t find the gambit icon, only Storm Anne wolverine. On my page storm and wolverine are at the top in a section called Featured ( with a bunch of other random icons.) but the actual section for axmen is at the bottom and all the X-men characters are there.

But the main point of bringing this up again, the X-men have their own section in the icons page. It’s pry still my quarantine mind getting carried away, but the other sections on the page are things like Pixar, Star Wars, Disney princesses, marvel, and they made a separate section for X-men, instead of mixing them in with marvel. And the marvel section isn’t that big, there are just about as many X-men icons as there are marvel ones. Hmmm....

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #346 on: April 27, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »
yeah, it has gotten more difficult to explain it.  The categories are as I've listed them. Gambit is in the Xmen section, all the way at the bottom. It's the last category and he should be somewhere in the middle. He didn't appear for me because I have chosen Gambit already for my profile icon.

Featured
Disney
Marvel
Star Wars
Pixar
National Geographic
Kids
Mickey Mouse and Friends
Disney Classics
Disney Princess
Villains
Disney Channel
Xmen

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:31:23 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2020, 11:31:33 AM »
Check out this amazing Gambit fan art done by Mike Krome

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »
Cool art.

So Diamond is going to start shipping again in a couple weeks, so Excalibur 1 will finally come out. I know y’all just can’t wait for that, lol. Though it seems like marvel is going on a slow release schedule for the first month or so.

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2020, 03:47:08 PM »
I did read couple of issues of Excalibur but couldn't continue. It was badly written n the only saving grace was the art. Most of the character felt out of character always whining or depressed. Gambit was a joke in this book. Did it get better later on?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #351 on: May 03, 2020, 10:05:20 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gambit-reportedly-rrated-deadpool-3/amp/

WGTC are telling that Disney can make a Gambit R rated movie if Deadpool 3 is a success.

I don't believe it. I think correct rumour is from a different source about D+ series for Gambit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:55:50 PM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #352 on: May 03, 2020, 10:06:06 AM »
I did read couple of issues of Excalibur but couldn't continue. It was badly written n the only saving grace was the art. Most of the character felt out of character always whining or depressed. Gambit was a joke in this book. Did it get better later on?

No. It is till bad. Maybe even worse.

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #353 on: May 03, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gambit-reportedly-rrated-deadpool-3/amp/

WGTC are telling that Disney can make a Gambit R rated movie is Deadpool 3 will be a success.

I don't believe it. I think correct rumour is from a different source about D+ series for Gambit.

I don't trust WGTC as they are mostly wrong with their information. I am open to seeing an r rated take on Gambit but I don't see Disney as a brand making a R-rated movie except for Deadpool.

Offline Kenta

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #354 on: May 03, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »

No. It is till bad. Maybe even worse.

Glad I didn't pick up the title any more

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #355 on: May 03, 2020, 11:28:42 AM »
I don’t know, I think Excalibur has got like 1% better, lol.

I would series Disney + series to R rated movie, so I hope you guys are right.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #356 on: May 03, 2020, 11:41:40 AM »

I don't trust WGTC as they are mostly wrong with their information. I am open to seeing an r rated take on Gambit but I don't see Disney as a brand making a R-rated movie except for Deadpool.

Without FOX that were doing Logan  and Deadpool, Disney is now a monopoly. DC and Sony are not a big deal. People want R rated movies and I am sure that Disney will do them. Maybe as FOX studios.

I think that we will get R rated Deadpool, then R rated Blade that will be a huge success and open door for more R rated movies like Ghost Rider, etc.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #357 on: May 03, 2020, 04:04:12 PM »
I don't think people necessarily crave R rated comic book movies per se. They are just okay with it going that way if it is necessary. I can see a Gambit movie having an R rating. That said, I think you can tell Gambit's story perfectly well without a bunch of nudity and gratuitous violence while appealing to an even wider audience.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #358 on: May 03, 2020, 05:12:10 PM »
Completely agree. R can be used when is needed but not a must be.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #359 on: May 04, 2020, 10:21:45 AM »
An R rated Gambit would mean, presumably, he could smoke, have sex with women, and occasionally kill.  :gambit:
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"