Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95787 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2020, 01:32:09 PM »
Weird to have Candra appear, I thought she was dead. Killed by Storm because she took some stone from her.

She came back in the last MMX arc. They would've revived her in Krakoa anyway even if she stayed dead.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2020, 01:43:31 PM »
Won't be surprised if that inept writer ignores Gambit and Candra's story (if she knows of it, that is).   

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »
Weird to have Candra appear, I thought she was dead. Killed by Storm because she took some stone from her.

She was killed 2 more times after ithis and ressurected n MMX 11-12.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:46:52 AM by RomeoSvengali »
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »
Did he grab a missile and absorb the energy?

I'm a bit 'wtf is this' about the whole issue.

I actually thought this was cool.  Always thought there was no reason why Gambit shouldn't be able to diffuse/disperse/absorb energy as we have seen instances of him making objects disintegrate without an explosion.  Of course, I suspect Tini probably doesn't know what the hell she is doing and this will not be picked up anywhere else.

However, if this somehow becomes a part of his power set then that would be the silver lining for me in this otherwise atrocious series.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »
Lol, fair enough. It would not be bad thing if that stuck around.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #411 on: June 25, 2020, 03:27:44 AM »
It seems that my Gambit MCU related question will be answered tomorrow by Mikey Sutton (The one who provides most MCU rumours). Fingers crossed for some good news.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #412 on: June 25, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
That’s cool, purp. What’s this guy’s track record away, as far as rumors go?

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2020, 01:45:26 PM »
It seems that my Gambit MCU related question will be answered tomorrow by Mikey Sutton (The one who provides most MCU rumours). Fingers crossed for some good news.

What was your question? Is there a live scheduled or something?

He got a lot right in the past like that Spider-man was going to be in the MCU.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:46:58 PM by andresa »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »

Probably mixed. Things changes all the time. He told on November 2019 that Snyder Cut will be released on HBO Max and only not long ago it was confirmed.

Gambit D+ rumour at first was rumored by Black Knight and Lords of the Long Box on February. Sutton was second and told about it only on April. But that rumours were from 2 different sourses and sounded almost the same.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2020, 01:50:32 PM »

What was your question? Is there a live scheduled or something?

He got a lot right in the past like that Spider-man was going to be in the MCU.

I asked if there any update on Gambit series and if there any plans where ow when Gambit will appear on big screen after D+ introduction.

Lords of the Long box making a video every week where they are answering questions from fans. Fans can ask them on Lords youtube chanel in comments or on Sutton facebook page. I asked the same question for the third time. Today heard that it will be answered tomorrrow:) It is for me tomorrow morning. In USA it is probably today late night.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »

I asked if there any update on Gambit series and if there any plans where ow when Gambit will appear on big screen after D+ introduction.

Lords of the Long box making a video every week where they are answering questions from fans. Fans can ask them on Lords youtube chanel in comments or on Sutton facebook page. I asked the same question for the third time. Today heard that it will be answered tomorrrow:) It is for me tomorrow morning. In USA it is probably today late night.

Cool, fingers crossed.

Lords of the long box's videos are a little too long, so I follow some other channels about MCU news but haven't heard anything on Gambit since the D+ rumors. I'm not in the US either, so later at night for me.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2020, 12:26:59 AM »
So reply:
Gambit will join X-Men after D+ introduction. May appear sooner if director or writer will find a significant place for him.

That answer feels like there are just no new Gambit related scoops.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2020, 01:44:44 AM »
So reply:
Gambit will join X-Men after D+ introduction. May appear sooner if director or writer will find a significant place for him.

That answer feels like there are just no new Gambit related scoops.

Yeah sounds pretty vague. But I'm sure the pandemic has really slowed things down and possibly thrown a wrench into the gears. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is deciding to ditch a few of their ideas. Especially some of their Disney+ ideas. But I think Gambit is safe. It seems pretty obvious that X-men is a big part of their future. And Gambit is one of the big characters they can use that can separate them from the FOX movies and has a lot of potential. He also goes with Rogue who is another character that can be used to distance themselves from the FOX movies and can introduce a new dynamic relationship into the mcu. People are already hyped for the X-Men in the mcu. So I can hope that maybe they're inclined to start the X-men stuff sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:46:46 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2020, 02:48:38 AM »
The Last Stand, Apocalypse and probably more movies had no Gambit because there were not enough of significant role for him. Or that he was very similar as Wolverine, lol :idiot2:  Will see what will happen. At this point I am not sure if I will like enough what I see after such a long waiting.