Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2020  (Read 95996 times)

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
Re: Gambit Watch 2020
« Reply #510 on: August 06, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »
Holy s*** dude, that's a Gambit shrine!  :gambit:

5 shelves of Gambit goodness. And with Gambit off the banned list, more on the way. I just pre-ordered the new Gambit pin today...the latest pre-order on a long list. Most excited for the Mezco figure.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #511 on: August 06, 2020, 08:56:14 PM »

I must've missed this comment...
Before Iron Man came out he was the most hated character in Marvel Comics (Civil War era). I can name you 10 X-Men characters that had a larger fan base than Stark.
This is what I always point out whenever someone tries to pull the "Nobody knows who Gambit is/wants a Gambit movie" card. No one - literally not one single person - was asking for an Iron Man movie before it was released. Gambit has way more fans than Iron Man did before his movies. And also has more going for him as a character in general. If Iron Man and Ant Man can have successful movies, why can't Gambit who is arguably a way more interesting character?

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #512 on: August 06, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »

Not sure I have anything to share...

Amazing collection!  I love it!  So many cool Gambit items, many of which I have never seen before.  Do you have another picture that shows the full bottom shelf? 

I actually just recently took some pictures of some of my Gambit collection that I set up temporarily.  I took the pictures to post on the Gambit and Rogue thread on CBR, so they also pretty heavily feature Rogue, but anyway I will be sure to post them here and there tomorrow(had a long day and am too tired to do it tonight).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:18:41 PM by thjan »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #513 on: August 07, 2020, 05:12:48 AM »

Not sure I have anything to share...
Bang, it is awesome collection!!! Really cool :gambit:

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #514 on: August 07, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
This is what I always point out whenever someone tries to pull the "Nobody knows who Gambit is/wants a Gambit movie" card. No one - literally not one single person - was asking for an Iron Man movie before it was released. Gambit has way more fans than Iron Man did before his movies. And also has more going for him as a character in general. If Iron Man and Ant Man can have successful movies, why can't Gambit who is arguably a way more interesting character?

This. Gambit was more popular than any of the Avengers characters save maybe the Hulk pre-MCU. It pisses normies off, but, Iron Man was a C-list character before RD Jr. made the character a juggernaut.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #515 on: August 07, 2020, 10:33:01 AM »
Very cool Gambit quizz to guess his costume. :gambit:
[/size][/color]
https://www.sporcle.com/games/MitchellGoosen/marvel-costumes-gambit

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #516 on: August 07, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
I got 93% 28/30 from the first time. I am a nerd and I love it ;D

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #517 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »
Nothing wrong with being a nerd!  ;D

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2020, 05:26:22 PM »
As promised, here are some pictures of my collection.  I also posted this on the Gambit and Rogue thread on CBR with a couple additional images(mostly single X-Men issues with Rogue and Gambit content) if anyone wants to check out those posts.

Anyway here we go -

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:28:08 PM by thjan »

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #519 on: August 07, 2020, 05:33:11 PM »
And a few more-

Well There is some of my collection.  Didn't include any issues from Gambit's later runs after the first solo which I regret, but I am glad I finally got around to taking some pictures of my collection and sharing the pictures with others.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #520 on: August 08, 2020, 03:10:25 AM »
Awesome collection!

Love all that gold #1s and glorious 350.

Original art is very beautiful!

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #521 on: August 08, 2020, 12:08:56 PM »
Awesome collection!

Love all that gold #1s and glorious 350.

Original art is very beautiful!

Thanks, Purplevit!  And yeah I love that Uncanny X-Men 350!  Probably one of my favorite comics that I own.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #522 on: August 09, 2020, 11:41:42 AM »
Great collections. I have a nice little Gambit collection but I still haven't set up a display for it. Definitely something I eventually want to do though.

But yeah, whenever people say things like Gambit's not well known enough for his own movie or he couldn't hold his own movie or nobody is asking for a Gambit movie, it drives me nuts. All of those statements are false or irrelevant. As has been stated already, if Guardians and Ant Man can be hit movies than Gambit is a no-brainer. People who say Gambit couldn't hold his own movie just don't know anything about the character. Probably just saw a few episodes of the animated show. The "nobody is asking for" comment is possibly the dumbest. Guess what, nobody asked for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardians, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Star Wars, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and on and on and on. The dumbest argument made about any movie. It's not about what people ask for, it's about making a great film that brings in audiences.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #523 on: August 10, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
Great collections. I have a nice little Gambit collection but I still haven't set up a display for it. Definitely something I eventually want to do though.

But yeah, whenever people say things like Gambit's not well known enough for his own movie or he couldn't hold his own movie or nobody is asking for a Gambit movie, it drives me nuts. All of those statements are false or irrelevant. As has been stated already, if Guardians and Ant Man can be hit movies than Gambit is a no-brainer. People who say Gambit couldn't hold his own movie just don't know anything about the character. Probably just saw a few episodes of the animated show. The "nobody is asking for" comment is possibly the dumbest. Guess what, nobody asked for Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Guardians, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Star Wars, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption, and on and on and on. The dumbest argument made about any movie. It's not about what people ask for, it's about making a great film that brings in audiences.

When I hear "no one is asking for" or "everyone is demanding" or "everyone is talking about", I take it to mean some self important Buzzfeed or Screenrant writer and their echo chamber buddies on Twitter. Example: read an article claiming fans have been "demanding" Kate Bishop as Hawkeye for years. Uhm...no, they haven't been. Anyone. Anywhere. Ever.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #524 on: August 10, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »

When I hear "no one is asking for" or "everyone is demanding" or "everyone is talking about", I take it to mean some self important Buzzfeed or Screenrant writer and their echo chamber buddies on Twitter. Example: read an article claiming fans have been "demanding" Kate Bishop as Hawkeye for years. Uhm...no, they haven't been. Anyone. Anywhere. Ever.

Absolutely. Or "fans have been asking for a Kitty Pryde movie". Huh? :idiot2:

But the "nobody is asking for this" argument that you constantly hear from comment sections drives me nuts.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 06:28:58 PM by wantutosigh »