Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385795 times)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #2130 on: October 14, 2020, 04:44:58 PM »

It'd be great if they could all come back to voice the characters in another show. Chris Potter is still who I hear in my head when I read Gambit. The best Gambit voice by far. I hated whey Tony Daniel's took over in the show and voiced him for video games and stuff. Lenore Zann is my Rogue too.

Amen. I love the old Street Fighter vs X-Men, Marvel vs Capcom games, especially with Cyclops, Wolverine, etc being voiced the same as the animated series, so I hate raspy Remy in those. Imagine Potter's voice doing his in-game lines....would've been so much cooler.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2131 on: October 14, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »
If they ever continue where the series left off (which is what they should have done), I can only hope it doesn't become a woke show. I never liked Tony Daniel's voice as Gambit, Chris gave him a smooth talking voice, while Daniel sounded like he has a sore throat or something. Also, I wish John Colicos (Apocalypse) was still alive, he was fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQV97Xo6pDo

You know, back when IMDB had message boards, when X-Men Apocalypse came out, a father of two said that when he took his kids to see the film, they didn't really like it. They hated the guy who played Apocalypse and wanted John Colicos to play him, but he had to tell them that he was already dead.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2132 on: October 15, 2020, 04:40:28 PM »
I think the only thing I didn't like about Chris voicing Gambit which wasn't his thing was the third person. I'm always amazed how people don't realize how terrible it sounds.

Chris' voice was smooth.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2133 on: October 16, 2020, 12:12:43 PM »
The only other voice of Gambit that I've liked was Bill Heck in the Wolverine podcast series. I've only heard a little bit of it, but it wasn't bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMZnhmc710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3boGoZM4Y
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2134 on: October 18, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
If there is a movie/tv show I kinda want to hear third person once or twice. ;p More as a tongue in cheek thing (please don’t kill me... ;) )

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2135 on: October 18, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »
If there is a movie/tv show I kinda want to hear third person once or twice. ;p More as a tongue in cheek thing (please don’t kill me... ;) )
If you like it, you like it. :) No killing today! LOL

My point always was that it makes him sound unintelligent and he is a far away from that adjective as can be. He's a thief, he knows things. In the books he has infiltrated high security places, he gets intel, he knows how things work. It's a poor showing in general.

And I always tell folks, talk that way and see how silly it actually sounds.

Its not horrible per say but its gotta be contained, like a thought bubble or something, not out loud. IMO.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:02:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2136 on: October 20, 2020, 01:13:41 PM »
If you like it, you like it. :) No killing today! LOL

My point always was that it makes him sound unintelligent and he is a far away from that adjective as can be. He's a thief, he knows things. In the books he has infiltrated high security places, he gets intel, he knows how things work. It's a poor showing in general.

And I always tell folks, talk that way and see how silly it actually sounds.

Its not horrible per say but its gotta be contained, like a thought bubble or something, not out loud. IMO.

Yeah it's way too over done in the show. There are moments when it feels totally inappropriate. But it was a kids show and they were going for a feel with the character. I can understand that. But mainly Chris Potter's voice was great and had a silky smooth tone to it that captures Gambit pretty well. He also could pull some good drama out of Gambit's voice too which I really appreciate. Not too many others have done that. I wouldn't mind in another portrayal of Gambit they did the third person thing once or twice. Just for fun, like Gambit's being a smart ass or something.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #2137 on: October 20, 2020, 01:42:23 PM »
I think the only thing I didn't like about Chris voicing Gambit which wasn't his thing was the third person. I'm always amazed how people don't realize how terrible it sounds.

Chris' voice was smooth.

Agreed, but the Rock did it with success in the 90's. Also, it did give us this iconic line... "Everyone can relax...Gambit has returned!"
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nevaratoiel

• Artisian
  • X-Man Legend
  • I don't bite... hard...
    • Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting
« Reply #2138 on: November 18, 2020, 07:55:47 AM »

Chris' voice was smooth.

This...

Never liked the third person talking either. Well... the odd third person comment here and there I don't mind, but not ALL the time.
Nicole a.k.a. Nev a.k.a. Neva

I come and go, and come and go, but you're not rid of me that easy... ;D
ELFAE | Gambit's Royal Flush Fanlisting