Author Topic: Why is Gambit in Excalibur, again?  (Read 25348 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Why is Gambit in Excalibur, again?
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2021, 11:00:27 AM »
Makes sense. With Si, Gillan, Fabian and the like coming back and the newers like Eve Ewing going out, those horrible ideas in Children of the Atom and New Warriors being pulled back on - I think Marvel is attempting to sell books again.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »
That's odd... CB doesn't often give answers like that. Mean it's been brought up. Probably not exactly, but in some incarnation.

I was shocked that he replied too. My guess that maybe they wanted to make Gambit centric issue for X-Men Legends series.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2021, 11:29:07 AM »
By all means, if you have a Twitter account you should be commenting, sharing, and liking people! We aren't many here, but one re-tweet is sometimes all you need. This is not the time to sit on our collective butts! We are not Congress... took that from A Different World... because I'm old.

#SaveGambit
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »
This is not the time to sit on our collective butts! We are not Congress... took that from A Different World... because I'm old.

#SaveGambit

I feel ya, bro.

And yes, embracing #SaveGambit now. If I weren’t so effing old I would know how Twitter worked by now. God help me, with Snapchat and Tiktok....

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2021, 01:18:41 PM »

I feel ya, bro.

And yes, embracing #SaveGambit now. If I weren’t so effing old I would know how Twitter worked by now. God help me, with Snapchat and Tiktok....

...those aren't the same thing?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:56:53 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »
I would but I'm not on twitter.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »

I feel ya, bro.

No, you are better off. Twitter is cancer.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2021, 06:46:45 PM »

No, you are better off. Twitter is cancer.
So is Tumblr. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2021, 11:24:44 PM »
So is Tumblr. :)

There's still a Tumblr?!

NicoPony

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2021, 08:50:25 AM »

There's still a Tumblr?!

My exposure to Twitter is related to my need to watch Sarah Cooper videos (and couldn't figure out tiktok), at yell at my state representatives. Then I posted a photo of my My Little Pony collection once and got retweeted by a "brony", got freaked out and decided I didn't need that level of weird in my life, I'm weird enough. And tumblr is good for McMansion Hell, which is hilarious. There are diamonds in the rough. I don't know about Snapchat, just think it's a place for dickpics.

Anyway, if FabNic and Scroce teamed up again, would it ever address any of the dropped story threads re: Black Womb, or would it be dictated that he move forward? I think the latter is more likely, but I miss Courier. No botched heists like in Asmus' series, but please can we see Fence again? Owning the Avengers? Helping people on the street?

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »

There's still a Tumblr?!

Yeah, next they'll be telling us about MySPace....
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2021, 03:16:36 PM »

Yeah, next they'll be telling us about MySPace....
There is still Facebook to be an butthole at everything, except people think its important. LOL No.

I dislike it all. And its all toxic.

Tumblr is still active and some sort of other stuff. Maybe, I don't know. I can't bother anymore.

Eff tiktok and all its brothers. Enough is enough. I'm done with selfies and videos and all of that jazz. (No offense the music that is actual Jazz. - that is actually good.)

back on track - is Excalibur still published by a hack who knows nothing of Gambit?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
Gambit did nothing important so far. Excalibur is solicated till April 2021 and probably will continue.
Nothing rumored or hinted for Gambit. Nothing to talk about.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2021, 09:39:17 AM »

My exposure to Twitter is related to my need to watch Sarah Cooper videos (and couldn't figure out tiktok), at yell at my state representatives. Then I posted a photo of my My Little Pony collection once and got retweeted by a "brony", got freaked out and decided I didn't need that level of weird in my life, I'm weird enough. And tumblr is good for McMansion Hell, which is hilarious. There are diamonds in the rough. I don't know about Snapchat, just think it's a place for dickpics.

Anyway, if FabNic and Scroce teamed up again, would it ever address any of the dropped story threads re: Black Womb, or would it be dictated that he move forward? I think the latter is more likely, but I miss Courier. No botched heists like in Asmus' series, but please can we see Fence again? Owning the Avengers? Helping people on the street?

Oh, I'd love a Gambit "crew" of Fence and Courier! Especially in a Burn Notice type of deal. Not general "super hero" fair (though it of course would be) but like the show "I have a friend, that was a problem Rem'". Then we get to watch Gambit and co. run jobs against King Pin, Tombstone, remnants of the NYC assassin's guild, running a job for Pete Wisdom, etc. while also dealing with Guild matters and the usual X-Men spillover crises'.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2021, 09:49:11 AM »
Purp! How much for a piece like this?! LOL