Author Topic: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete  (Read 14423 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Lol, very cool!

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
There's a new Gambit doll baby and he comes with A CAT.

Ha, I am going to have to get this!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
ANXF Gambit and Oliver! I don't collect those type of things (Funko Pop) but it is cool looking.  :gambit:

NicoPony

I saw someone call Funko dolls the acne of collectibles. Then admitted he was still gonna buy them.

Catbit is super cute tho, it’s for International Cat Day, so Gambit getting recognized as a cat lover, hugging on Lucy. I think it said he was at Hot Topic.

All New Xfactor was so underrated.

I did buy the Target Gambit in anticipation of finally going back to the office after 1 1/2 years of wfh. used to be a super conservative place, like pantyhose and pantsuits required, but now we’re allowed be be our “authentic selves” and turns out half my department are Marvel fans. Now Remy Doll will be the only one in tights!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
I find the Funko Pop thing a fad. The company does stuff, then lays low until the next thing they can exploit.  IMO

I can tell you that my hubby is glad I don't want to collect that sort of thing and me too. Too much space.

NicoPony

Re: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »
I can't start another toy collection...I'd already conceded to getting rid of all my My Little Pony playsets and now just have my 300-strong herd. But I did buy the Target Gambit dolly for my naked work-from-home desk. Now I have a co-worker! We have little in common, turns out. I am morally opposed to gambling.

I have the 2008 Comiccon pony Neko got me, and she and Gambit both like the same color palette and kicking things.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2021, 11:57:39 AM »
I remember that 'Little Pony' from that con, it was an exclusive for that convention.

I still have my 'Vanishing Bugs Bunny' from that convention, it was an exclusive as well.

I bought a lot of Gambit art that year. They had an artist row and you walk up and down the aisle and ask for commissions.  Some really inexpensive too.

At the New York Con, I met Georges Jeanty. He's mostly known from drawing Buffy but he worked on the Layman Gambit run. Anyway, I purchased a piece of art from issue 10 (I think, can't remember, its hidden away in my hobby room.)It's not colored its the blueprint for printing. It's cool.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 11:59:44 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2021, 01:06:13 PM »
Just came in the mail from BBTS...

Mafex Gambit: ActionFigures
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 01:10:08 PM by cajunpirate »

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
He's pretty amazing. One of the best figures Ive ever owned. He's so photogenic and fun to pose!!! :smitten: :smitten:

Recreating a page from Lee Weeks Gambit, which this figure seems to be largely based on.

Love these card effects. They are so good!

Can get some MvC poses too. This guy can pretty much do anything.

And here he is next to the very 1st hyper articulated Gambit released by Toy Biz almost 20 years ago.

What a difference. Action figures have come a long way.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2021, 08:11:32 PM »
Beautiful Gambit figure. Damn, I wish I could get this one but the price has gone up pretty high. I got the mezco one12 figure assuming that was going to be the best one but I don't know looking at this one.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2021, 09:39:25 PM »
Beautiful Gambit figure. Damn, I wish I could get this one but the price has gone up pretty high. I got the mezco one12 figure assuming that was going to be the best one but I don't know looking at this one.
I have the Mezco too. This is easily the best Gambit figure to date. Might be the best figure of all time, quite honestly. Even Gambit haters are saying that. There are still a few on ebay going for less than $200. Here's one for $170 including shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265226867638?epid=4044214961&hash=item3dc0c0d3b6:g:CdAAAOSwtKhhUAr6
Probably the cheapest you will ever see it going forward. I pre-ordered mine, and after import and shipping, it cost me over $100.00 to buy one new.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2021, 12:59:40 AM »
Thought I’d finally share my updated collection status. I currently have all figures and variations (thanks to everyone for filling in the gaps of what I needed.) Not all the figures are displayed in the image. Spent a long while on lighting the display.

Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 01:34:59 AM »
That Gambit collection is so dope, it might as well be crack.

NicoPony

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2021, 03:35:32 PM »
I don't know who needs to know this, but there were tiny Funko Pop Zombie Gambits at Five Below. There's all Marvel characters, but Gambit and Wolvie are the only two X-Men I saw.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2021, 11:53:34 AM »
I don't know who needs to know this, but there were tiny Funko Pop Zombie Gambits at Five Below. There's all Marvel characters, but Gambit and Wolvie are the only two X-Men I saw.

I totally needed that. Thanks for the tip! I actually ordered one on eBay and the seller dropped the ball and never sent it. Long story short, I'm gonna head to the nearest Five Below.
Long (like really really long) time lurker.