Author Topic: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete  (Read 14377 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 07:28:23 AM »
I don’t think there is. LEGO didn’t have too many X-men sets.

Never seen or heard of those coins, crazy

I hope MCU will change that. I demand my Lego Gambit ;D

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »
I found a site, Icollector dot com that has one silver Gambit coin available. Good Luck. :)

edit: Highland Mint made them. There is a set of 5 silver I never seen before but not sure if available.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:43:00 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 01:39:43 AM »

I'll post an update with some pics tomorrow. Should be receiving several packages in the mail with some rare stuff... INCLUDING the bronze Highland Mint Gambit coin (THANK YOU Nekobaghira for turning me on to that).

I found a site, Icollector dot com that has one silver Gambit coin available. Good Luck. :)

edit: Highland Mint made them. There is a set of 5 silver I never seen before but not sure if available.

I tried finding it on iCollector, but no luck. I have to get the silver one as well.

I know you said there's a gold one but I can't find anything on it. Do you maybe have a link to a picture of one? Just to confirm it exists so I can put it on my list.
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 06:20:36 PM »
Sorry, there’s a few packages that are arriving late. I’ll post the update as soon as everything comes in.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 01:21:14 PM by Blade3D1 »
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »
I'll post an update with some pics tomorrow. Should be receiving several packages in the mail with some rare stuff... INCLUDING the bronze Highland Mint Gambit coin (THANK YOU Nekobaghira for turning me on to that).

I tried finding it on iCollector, but no luck. I have to get the silver one as well.

I know you said there's a gold one but I can't find anything on it. Do you maybe have a link to a picture of one? Just to confirm it exists so I can put it on my list.
Maybe it sold already on ICollector and I only found one coin the day I searched.

As for the Gold one, there were not a lot of them minted - 500 or less (100). I think the image below is the gold one. I would try ebay too.

That image may be the silver one probably lighting confusing me for what the background would look like for the gold, but know they all look the same and have the same verbiage.

Its amount of availability. The gold ones will be very hard to find. Check ebay, ICollector, Mercari on a regular basis or google. I couldn't find one when I was searching years ago.

HighLand Mint doesn't show them anymore either. You are on a hunt my friend. Good Luck and if you find two, let me know. LOL
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:11:01 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 03:55:51 PM »
Nice collection.
There is gold, silver and bronze Gambit coins. I never got the gold one because I could not find it or I would have it. I haven't looked for in some time, it might be out there somewhere.  I have the silver and bronze. Very cool looking. I'll attach a pic of the back of the silver one and face of the bronze one. The image is same for all coins as is the text on the back.

They minted 25,000 of bronze, 5000 silver and I have no clue for the gold one. I have a Storm one too. Never found any others but I stopped going crazy on ebay for my own wallet. LOL

edit:
Whoa, the text didn't come out good.
It says:

"A New Orleans native Remy Lebeau can harness the energy in any object and release it...with explosive results! A former member of the Thieves Guild, Lebeau now treads the straight and narrow as the Xman called Gambit."
Coin date is 1997.

I remember when I was setting up the 'Member Collections' section on ABP years ago, you mentioned that you might share some pics of your Gambit coins, and I was like, wait, Gambit has COINS!!!

Here's the five silver on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Highland-Mint-Silver-5-Coin-X-Men-Commemorative-Set-39-of-500-Limited-Ed/183924815565?hash=item2ad2c5f6cd:g:LIQAAOSwy19dW5dj

And here is a much larger collection with the five silver and the solo Gambit silver. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Marvel-Highland-Mint-Cards-and-Coins-in-Bronze-and-Silver-w-Boxes-and-COA/183798141364?hash=item2acb3911b4:g:MwgAAOSwWkFczQeI

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
I remember when I was setting up the 'Member Collections' section on ABP years ago, you mentioned that you might share some pics of your Gambit coins, and I was like, wait, Gambit has COINS!!!
*chuckles* ... yeah, I was surprised and happy to at least get 2 silvers and a bronze. Never found the gold one.

Holy crap, the price on the ebay ones you linked! LOL

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 02:09:58 AM »
Figure wise, I'd have to say the Mezco, which I just got this week.  I'm super impressed with it.  Especially the fact that his pants are actual fabric, which I've never seen before on a figure.
You have a stunning collection of Gambit figures. Very nice.
I've been having so much fun with my Mezco as well. Just a great figure overall.

Been having alot of fun with the Revols too

And got this one on preorder. Can't wait for him. Probably the best yet.

and a bunch more of my Gambit collection.

and other stuff I love creating:

And my old MvC custom Gambit I made like 12 years ago. Think I posted it here when I 1st made it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:30:51 AM by killphil »

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2020, 10:31:48 AM »
Holy.

s***.

Dude, that is bad ass. Mad props!  :gambit:
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2020, 01:51:45 PM »
killphil, I LOVE all of that. WOW!

I think it's so great when people do something creative with their collections, beyond just displaying them. Those recreations of scenes from comics, videogames etc are just amazing.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2020, 04:23:22 PM »
killphil, I LOVE all of that. WOW!

I think it's so great when people do something creative with their collections, beyond just displaying them. Those recreations of scenes from comics, videogames etc are just amazing.
Thank you. I have so much fun creating these images. Nice to be able to share it with a group of folks who are as likely to appreciate this over anyone else I can think of. Never been a better time to be a Gambit fan, huh?

Thought I'd experiment trying to recreate some other effects. Trying for something like this:

Only have one other ML Gambit so couldn't get too crazy with it.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:36:54 AM by killphil »

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »
A year ago I decided that I was going to obtain every Gambit collectible ever created.      A year later I’m very close.      I figured I’d share my collection and answer any questions about any particular piece.     

I also would like to ask everyone on here if there are any super rare items that I might be missing.     

Are you trying to get all the figure variants?
Maybe they are in there but I didn't see them. Here are the ones I didn't notice:
 the metal mutants 2" Gambit, light up Gambit in his original paint scheme(there were actually 2 of these: one with magenta torso and the other with a purple torso). The X-Men vs Street fighter 2 packs. I saw you had the repacked version but there was also a "player 2" variant that had a blue coat and packed with Zangief. Famous Covers Gambit (9" scale/cloth outfit. I have one shown in my previous post. Ugly ass figure.)
Toy Biz also did a 12" Gambit in cloth around '98 or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toy-Biz-Marvel-Comics-Special-Edition-Gambit-12-figure/143485632404?hash=item216868ff94:g:nOAAAOSwYpxeCAjF
There was a 3 pack of Bishop, Gambit, Sinister around 99. All re-releases of the original Toy Biz offerings. This Gambit gets a sturdier material for his coat, a black staff instead of silver, and his sleeves under his coat are blue instead of pink.

There were 2 other blue and yellow uniform Gambits released. One in the larger 10" deluxe scale and the other in the 5" scale released in a multipack with all the other X-Men circa UXM 275 with that team look. 

Theres the Marvel Legends Gambit from Toy Biz in that 5 pack with Rogue Wolvy Mags and beast. This Gambit's jacket is pleather instead of fabric. Theres the disk shooter Gambit which is Gambit in his X-Treme X-men outfit. This was in a X-men sub line. I see u do have the repaint of that figure.

Also don't see the Marvel Select variant with the long hair and purple instead of magenta. Thats all I can think of ATM...
Here's what I have on hand

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:27:32 PM by killphil »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
Wow!!! I just loooove that pics! Looks really great!

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2020, 08:15:56 PM »
Wow!!! I just loooove that pics! Looks really great!
Thanks!

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2020, 08:17:44 PM »
Early in hand review of the upcoming Gambit and Rogue Retro figures. Should be on Target shelves within a month or so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEju6NEH3-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV5ob5MqRsA&t=210s