Author Topic: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete  (Read 14348 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
Re: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 09:31:16 PM »
Great collection. I love the pics and recreations. I have to get the target exclusives. Especially Rogue because I missed out on the last Marvel legends of her. Which is a shame because it looks like the best Rogue figure I've ever seen.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »
Great collection. I love the pics and recreations. I have to get the target exclusives. Especially Rogue because I missed out on the last Marvel legends of her. Which is a shame because it looks like the best Rogue figure I've ever seen.
It is the best but this new one is mostly the exact same figure with a new hair sculpt and the paint aps are slightly different. Although, best Rogue figure isn't saying much when this is your nearest competition  ;D

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »
Poor Gambit. He's gonna be nauseous for at least a week  :chili:

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 01:42:35 AM »
It is the best but this new one is mostly the exact same figure with a new hair sculpt and the paint aps are slightly different. Although, best Rogue figure isn't saying much when this is your nearest competition  ;D

I'd swear I've seen that face in a horror movie, I just can't think of which one.

I think Rogue has fared a little better with dolls than true action figures when it comes to attractiveness. Example:

• Dress X-Men's Rogue in your favorite Tonner Doll outfits!
  • Limited edition of 300 pieces!
  • Stands 16-inches tall.
Made in a limited edition of 300 pieces, the X-Men Rogue Tonner Doll is made of fine quality vinyl and hard plastic and stands 16-inches tall. The dressed Tonner doll features a hand-painted face and eyes, a Tyler skin tone, and includes brown rooted saran hair with platinum streaks, a green and yellow stretch jumpsuit, a brown faux leather jacket, yellowy stretch gauntlets, two brown belts with metal trim, yellow faux leather boots with back zippers, and two pairs of yellow and Tyler skin tone hands. Emily head sculpt. Limited edition of 300 pieces. Ages 14 and up.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 02:02:16 AM »
We have recently acquired a 3D printer and we've thought about making a Gambit figurine. I would have to paint it but its an interesting idea. LOL

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 02:27:31 AM »

I have this Rogue and she's hideous.lol Rogue hasn't fared too well in action figure form. But the legends figure looks beautiful. But I'm not buying it for $250. I need a Rogue to go with the Marvel legends Gambit figure or the mezco one. I have to make sure to get the target exclusive. I have the barbie style Rogue but I need one to go with the 6in Gambit figures I have.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:29:36 AM by wantutosigh »

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »

Ha!  Of course the Gambit figure from that line wasn't that great either facewise.

Also, thanks for sharing your figure set ups they are cool.

I'd swear I've seen that face in a horror movie, I just can't think of which one.

You may be thinking of this video which featured that exact figure lol-
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQ15qXaUsw

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 09:31:36 AM »

Ha!  Of course the Gambit figure from that line wasn't that great either facewise.

Also, thanks for sharing your figure set ups they are cool.

Think the problem with the ML Gambit was the hair.I swapped out the hair with the Marvel Select and it made a world of difference

The default hair is too shallow making it look like he has a caveman's forehead.

Edit: then I swapped that with the hair plus the boots and chest plate from the newer retro Gambit:

And gave him a bunch of extra hands, better cards etc. Had to repaint the belt to match the silverish blue from the boots and chest plate border on the parts I kit-bashed.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 11:27:11 AM by killphil »

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2020, 06:28:10 AM »
killphil - Awesome collection and even more awesome poses/photos!

I have most of the ones you had mentioned (but maybe aren't shown in the pics) except for the X-Men vs Street fighter 2 pack (which I'm ok with just having the repackaged verision, although I do want the 2nd player variant).

The 12" ToyBiz Special Edition one was the last one that I was missing, and I JUST won it on eBay earlier this week. Should have it next week.

I also need the long hair Diamond Select variant.

But, all that aside... WHAT is that blue armed toybiz one?! I have never seen that!

Thanks for the tip on the Gambit and Rogue retro figures too. I had no idea that was coming out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 06:30:02 AM by Blade3D1 »
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2020, 06:44:05 AM »
Here are a few of my latest additions:

I'm so happy to have the Highland Mint coin (even though I still MUST have the silver and gold ones) and also the completed Plant Studios pin collection finally. The board game I'm thrilled about for nostalgia reasons. The heroclix are pretty meh, to me.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »
whoa!!! you got a coin. Nice! Congrats!

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2020, 01:25:12 AM »
whoa!!! you got a coin. Nice! Congrats!

I did! Thanks for the tip on that. PLEASE, if you ever see the silver or gold one up for auction anywhere (if you don't snag it yourself), let me know. I'd love to have all three.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2020, 06:18:13 AM »

I did! Thanks for the tip on that. PLEASE, if you ever see the silver or gold one up for auction anywhere (if you don't snag it yourself), let me know. I'd love to have all three.
No problem, I'll keep looking. I have wanted the gold one for a long time. :)

Edit: And for your same reasons, I've always wanted all three. :) Got 2, so, closer. That Gold one is going to be tough. LOL
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 05:55:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
killphil - Awesome collection and even more awesome poses/photos!

I have most of the ones you had mentioned (but maybe aren't shown in the pics) except for the X-Men vs Street fighter 2 pack (which I'm ok with just having the repackaged verision, although I do want the 2nd player variant).

The 12" ToyBiz Special Edition one was the last one that I was missing, and I JUST won it on eBay earlier this week. Should have it next week.

I also need the long hair Diamond Select variant.

But, all that aside... WHAT is that blue armed toybiz one?! I have never seen that!

Thanks for the tip on the Gambit and Rogue retro figures too. I had no idea that was coming out.
That blue armed Gambit came in a 3 pack in the late 90's. Came with Sinister and Bishop as well. Think it was a Kay Bee exclusive? Can't quite remember.
Here's that blue and yellow 10" Gambit. Think he was Kay bee exclusive too. Pretty sure I snagged both him and the 3 pack at the same time.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Universe-10-MARVEL-Team-Ups-GAMBIT-X-Men/333751164670?hash=item4db51e9efe:g:2x8AAOSwRXFfg5YM
Here he is in the box
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gambit-10-Inch-Dark-Phoenix-Supernova-Movie-2018/253499458377?hash=item3b05bec349:g:8ocAAOSwKtlZk4lI
I used to have that board game you just posted too lol. Don't think I have it anymore, though, unfortunately. Had a lot of fun playing it as a kid, though. Think I got that at Kay Bee as well.
They had a sequel to that game. Never got this one, though:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-Under-Siege-Board-Game-Marvel-Comics-18-Figures-Inventoried-100-COMPLETE/353175987565?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3D77192f70dd4d4503b3a854891b659ca3%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D254743292954%26itm%3D353175987565%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic%26brand%3DPressman&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109
Edit: and a 3rd one too. Never had this one either. Friend of mine did, though. Thats how I even knew this one existed:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Marvel-X-Men-Crisis-in-the-Danger-Room-Pressman-Complete-Game-w-4-figures/402415919749?hash=item5db1dba285:g:owoAAOSwOttfVOGZ
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:25:44 AM by killphil »

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
I got the blue and yellow 10" Gambit heading my way in the mail. I also snagged both of those other board games at the same time I got the original one.

Just got the 90's Gambit wallet new in the package yesterday.

Every time I think I have everything, I find something new. I THINK the only two I still need is the long haired Diamond Select variant and the Eagle Moss Lead Figure.

Are there any other collectibles (along the lines of the pins, wallet, and minted coin) that I should be looking for?