Author Topic: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete  (Read 14349 times)

Offline winterwolfen

• X-Man Mentor
  • Winterwolfen greets you
Re: My quest to collect every Gambit figure/collectible is nearly complete
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2022, 05:34:47 PM »
Here is something new to look for. :) Price on the back: $39.95 US
No, I do not know where my hubby's co-worker found it.

Ohh I got that from my boyfriend on my birthday!  :smitten: I'm not into painting figures as he his, so I have it unopened .lovely package at least XD

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2022, 03:33:09 AM »
I added this to the Gambit Appreciation Thread on ABP the other day and then realized it was likely to get more eyes on it here...

Statue Gambit - X-Men - MiniCo - Iron Studios

Iron Studios proudly presents its first MiniCo line of Marvel`s most beloved mutant superheroes, the X-Men, one of the most requested series by fans and collectors, in Iron Studios` stylized Toy Art version. The collection is based on the design of comics from the 1990s, one of the most popular and cult phases of the group, with a diorama scenario of the heroes on top of a scrap of a Sentinel Robot, one of their classic enemies, and explores the most striking traits of each character`s personality through their looks.

The "Gambit - X-Men - MiniCo - Iron Studios" statue features the charismatic Cajun mutant leaning on the metallic remains of a Sentinel, his inseparable staff in hand and holding an Ace of Hearts playing card. In a seemingly relaxed mood after a good fight, he flirts with his fellow group member Rogue, with whom he has fallen in love, in a mutual feeling. Recruited by heroine Storm to join the X-Men, Gambit is Remy LeBeau, a very powerful mutant who can manipulate kinetic energy. He is also skilled at throwing cards, wrestling, and using his staff, as well as being an accomplished poker player.

Find out the entire X-Men MiniCo line from Iron Studios. Already available for Pre-Order!

https://www.ironstudios.com/minico?map=category-1%2Cfranchise&query=%2Fminico%2Fx-men&searchState=&_kx=mB7BEqy9OPcITqkyy0-WnwHO7WIWUJRDmg06kNRSato%3D.LdfZay

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
I've seen those sets on BBTS. They look pretty neat. Kind of beyond the range of my focus, which is pretty much super articulated 6" scale figures, but they do look cool.
Also, if anyone missed out on Mafex Gambit last year, he recently got re-released. While he did sell out at every regular vendor, the prices on Ebay have dropped astronomically.

That's cheaper than any of the e-tailers or importers could get them to us! Pretty crazy. 2-3 weeks ago he was going for no less than $300, often times closer to $400, and usually with $30-$60 shipping on top of that.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2022, 05:35:08 AM »
I’ve DONE IT! My collection is complete! I now own every Gambit Figure and Statue.

Today I received the one statue I was missing and it’s a beaut!

I’ll take some more detailed pics soon, but here’s the latest shot of the Gambit shrine:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 10:35:40 PM by Nekobaghira »
Long (like really really long) time lurker.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »
Congratulations, looks great! And probably a relief on your part for completion. Kudos.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2022, 01:37:30 PM »
Amazing collection. Great stuff. I love that sideshow collectibles one with Gambit jumping of the sentinel and throwing cards. Price is a bit too high for me though.

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2022, 02:32:29 PM »
Congratulations, looks great! And probably a relief on your part for completion. Kudos.

Thanks!

A lot of the more recent releases I found out about from everyone on this thread. So, seriously thank you to everyone on here.

Also, keep ‘em coming! Let me know of any new Gambit releases or obscure Gambit memorabilia. I gotta stay up-to-date with the collection.

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2022, 03:20:07 PM »
Awesome collection!
I also want to complement you on the lighting.

I think you may be the first collector I've seen to use colored lighting associated with the character in their display. It really adds to it.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2022, 10:26:18 PM »
Awesome!  I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures with more detail. 

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2022, 07:57:04 PM »
This is AWESOME! Especially the lighting. Kudos to you :gambit:

Offline Blade3D1

• Journeyman
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2022, 10:54:59 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, I’m not even particularly handy… but I had a vision of what I wanted the shrine to look like and put in some elbow grease. So I’m really happy people appreciate the lighting.

Here’s some closer shots of the first two shelves. Let me know if you have any questions about particular items or want to know more about the collection. (You guys are the only people I can geek out about my collection with. Everyone else thinks I’m nuts, lol)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
It looks GREAT!!!
I've recently put together a shelf of random things I like (which includes Gambit). I'll take a picture and post. Not right now, but incoming as it were.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2022, 11:18:20 AM »
Refrige's have gotten much taller, I had to take a cabinet out. I put the cabinet in my hobby room and this is the result.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:41:50 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2022, 07:44:05 PM »
https://thefwoosh.com/2022/11/hasbro-marvel-legends-uncanny-x-men-275-gambit-reveal/

You're gonna have to get this one. As am I
Already have both the 3 packs plus the Wolverine single carded figure pre-ordered. Having this team in action figure form has been one of my top wishes since the early to mid 90's. Glad to finally have the chance to own them.