Author Topic: The Mandalorian  (Read 3114 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
The Mandalorian
« on: November 27, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »
Is anyone watching this? I think it's ok. Not quite what everyone makes it out to be. I think the episodes are too short and there is not enough time to flesh things out. Maybe if they just made it binge-able it would be better.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »
I like it. Visuals are good and story is ok and easy to follow.
It is juat like playing an RPG game: visit new planet, get a quest from some character, finish quest and kill a lot of monsters, get gold for quest.

For me it is just like watching a video game but it is good to have some space adventures every week. Not enough of new shows like it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:23:12 AM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 05:44:42 AM »
I like it.

The video game aspect (quest/reward) is its draw back, instead of keeping the story rolling as it should. However, it is the Mandos quest to find 'The Child's' place. I guess the general premise has been laid out.

I think its done well and overall better than some of the movies.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:15:05 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
The last episode was my favorite thus far since the Jail-break from season 1. I'm not a huge star wars fan but I'm a casual viewer and this one was really a lot of fun.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »
This last episode was my favorite so far as well. Though I still think the writing is spotty throughout the show and even a bit in this episode. I think there are a lot of tonal inconsistencies as well. I do agree that it feels like watching a video game play out but with less time to flesh out the characters and stories. This show is very hit or miss for me.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »
Love The Mandalorian. The samurai/lone wolf and western influences are perfect, reminiscent of the original movie. I like how the show, although connected to the expended universe, is still episodic and contained. Baby Yoda is that cute and appealing. It’s the best Star Wars since the original trilogy. It’s its own thing, not a rehearsal of the same storylines like the last trilogy. Just wish the episodes were longer.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:19:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »
I think that season 2 is better visually but jail-break episode from season 1 is still my favorite. It wasn't as linear as others and had some cool turning points. Also I wasn't expecting that they would fit that jail episode into 1 and not split into two episodes.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »
I like the nods to all of the Star Wars history. The last episode included a part of Star Wars canon that some may have seen or not but it wasn't ignored and that is impressive. Use it all as it were as far as canon goes and I liked that.

There was some fleshing out of Mandalorian culture and that is good too.

The opportunity is there for this show to add to the lore. I hope they do. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 11:57:29 PM »
Why are episodes so freakin' short. All the time spent on fighting scenes and not enough movement of story.
I still like it but now I'm getting a little frustrated with it because damn, the story should have progressed further than it has. The character moments are nice but its not balanced out. IMO.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »
I think they made it short on purpose.
So you would want more after every episode. Not get bored with it.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 05:28:08 PM »
Agree that the two previous episodes were too short (and no Grogu in the last one) but the story is progressing. I see nothing wrong with the pace.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2020, 05:44:51 PM »
I think that episode 7 was the best from second season. Completely loved it. For me it was as good as jail-break episode from season 1.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 06:25:21 PM »
FYI - the season ended with a surprise twist but ... my point is to remind those watching to sit through the credits for the scene at the end. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2023, 09:35:51 AM »
Okay, time to revive this thread.
Season 3 is not very good . I don't even know what to think and there is only one episode left to go.

I never like 'filler' episodes (#6) but it wasn't terrible.
Where is Jon? He needs to work more on this show. IMO.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2023, 07:08:52 AM »
Episode 8, redeemed the Mandalorian in my opinion. I was not happy with episode 7, eppy 6 - its fluff.

I like the new direction.