Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61822 times)

NicoPony

Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #585 on: December 22, 2021, 04:26:20 PM »
yeah, the grayscale and halftone, bad@ss. love it. also the Bang you dead nod. Not enough heart eyes for this.  :smitten:

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #586 on: December 23, 2021, 06:04:59 AM »
I'm sorry. I know I am VERY late on this and maybe this is a little off-topic. But I just watched GOTG... Did James Gunn actually talk s*** about Gambit, and then turn around, steal his origin story and give a watered-down version to his Peter Quill?! Did that actually happen or is it just my imagination?!

The hating is real. It's like they all know Gambit is a great character, but don't want to admit it for some weird reason.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 06:16:17 AM by hairlesscat »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #587 on: December 23, 2021, 06:23:49 AM »
yeah, the grayscale and halftone, bad@ss. love it. also the Bang you dead nod. Not enough heart eyes for this.  :smitten:

Happy that you liked :) Yes, greyscale and halftones. No colors. Colors are hard, lol ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #588 on: December 23, 2021, 06:24:45 AM »
I'm sorry. I know I am VERY late on this and maybe this is a little off-topic. But I just watched GOTG... Did James Gunn actually talk s*** about Gambit, and then turn around, steal his origin story and give a watered-down version to his Peter Quill?! Did that actually happen or is it just my imagination?!

The hating is real. It's like they all know Gambit is a great character, but don't want to admit it for some weird reason.

Yep. He is a Gambit hater. He also loves Fantomex XD

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #589 on: December 23, 2021, 06:51:46 AM »
It is so freaking strange. Like, dude. I promise no one will think less of you if you admit that you like Gambit. There's a reason he has so many fans. *smdh*

Anyway, I don't think this should affect Gambit's origin in the MCU. It's his and is a great story.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #590 on: December 23, 2021, 08:05:37 AM »

Yep. He is a Gambit hater. He also loves Fantomex XD

Really doesn't make sense. Fans of Fantomex should by proxy love Gambit. He's a shameless copy. Trenchcoat-wearing, french speaking, french named, "super spy", agile, marksmen, "ladiesman" member of the X-Men. If that ain't a carbon-copy - I don't know what is

"Buuuut Pricetag - they aren't anything alike! He wears a full mask and the product of a clandestine organization that manipulates genetics!"

Let me introduce you to the Black Cauldron theory and Mr. Sinister...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #591 on: December 23, 2021, 09:40:14 AM »

Ooooh...well, now it make sense why I would like GOTG. Of course it's a Gambit story!

Really doesn't make sense. Fans of Fantomex should by proxy love Gambit. He's a shameless copy. Trenchcoat-wearing, french speaking, french named, "super spy", agile, marksmen, "ladiesman" member of the X-Men. If that ain't a carbon-copy - I don't know what is

I thought the origin story of Fantomex was to offer commentary on the 90s trench coat wearing, perma stubble anti-hero? Fantomex is not just a copy, he's a gimmick. The coolest, strongest, smartest, bestest, most tragic backstoryiest evah hero intended to make fun of fans who fully embrace that particular type without a hint of irony.

Except Gambit fans aren't Gambit fans because he's the coolest, strongest, smartest, bestest. So maybe Gambit and Fantomex are not the same at all. Let the Fantomex fanboys have their superficial gimmick knock-off. They obviously have no taste and can't handle the REAL THING.

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #592 on: December 23, 2021, 10:07:33 AM »

This is all but good news to me! Cuz I also think his works sux hard balls to death... and the fact he doesnt like Gambit doesnt have a thing to do with the char itself, but with his lack of talent

NicoPony

« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2021, 12:35:02 PM »

This is all but good news to me! Cuz I also think his works sux hard balls to death... and the fact he doesnt like Gambit doesnt have a thing to do with the char itself, but with his lack of talent

D@mn straight. The best current era series hands down was Wells' Hellions. And it PROVES there are no "bad" characters, just writers with no imagination who only want to write the same six characters they've been writing for the last three decades.

Some Channing/Gambit non-news-like rumors.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-channing-tatum-gambit.html

Just make him Jean-Luc or some other Gambit-related character!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #594 on: December 23, 2021, 02:51:48 PM »
That site is just a clickbait with false rumors.

I am in minority but still want to see Tatum as Gambit.
Tatum can easily appear in Deadpool 3 and Secret Wars as Multiverse Gambit.

NicoPony

« Reply #595 on: January 01, 2022, 10:27:05 AM »

Cheers, mes amis! New art from the new Gambit artist for the New Year!

https://twitter.com/nlaflamme79/status/1477294904321712128?s=20

BIG HAIR IS BACK BABY!